PDA

View Full Version : Am I getting enough protein for what I am doing?

Chad22
03-27-2004, 05:24 PM
Hi,

I am having a hard time getting enough protein or at least I dont think I am getting enough. I just started working out on a moderate workour routine. I am not lifting to get big. I weigh 208 and 6' and I want to get down to 180-185 and hopefully turning some of that fat into muscle or at least toning the muscle that I already have.

I am hitting each body part 1 time one week and 2 times the next week. I am working out M-W-F in a sort of WK1: a b a WK2: b a b split. My whole workout of those days takes me 30 minutes hitting around 4-5 sets per muscle. 6 sets on my chest and thighs. I am mostly doing this to get into better shape for basketball.

I have heard 1g for every pound of bodyfat. I cant make myself eat that much protein in a day. It is very hard. I dont have the cash for whey powder either.

Is it really necessary to get 1g for every pound of bodyweight on a lighter workout like I am doing? I can get around 90g a day and that is usually from tuna and egg whites. Does anyone know of any other really high protein food that I could check out?

Thanks

ryuage
03-27-2004, 05:34 PM
1g/lb is sufficient

Chad22
03-27-2004, 05:37 PM
Oh crap I meant to put 1g per pound of bodyweight. DOH! :bang:

I meant to say that I cant get 208g in a day unless I ate tuna for every meal and I am not into all that. :D

Shao-LiN
03-27-2004, 08:15 PM
208 g is fine. Ummm..other high protein food - beef, chicken, other fish, etc.