PDA

View Full Version : Ahhnolds mixer from Total Recall

Jim01
03-28-2004, 12:07 AM
I've been looking for an in-cup protein shake mixer. This may sound funny but I've always remembered the one Arnold used in Total Recall (scene in the morning in his house on earth near the start of the movie where he is mixing his breakfast presumably).

Does anyone know what mixer that is? Or a better question, the best one like it? I like mixing my protien shakes in the same cup I drink from.

This one looks alot like it:

http://www.bodytrends.com/products/nutrition/nutrixmixer.htm

any thoughts are appreciated.

Budiak
03-28-2004, 05:42 PM
That thing isnt bad, but they're relatively weak. I suggest you shake your drink up first and then use the mixer to get rid of chunks. Else the mixer may freeze up from the thickness of the powder at first. Its happened to me quite a few times.

I once got a mixer cup from 1fast400 that had a mesh screen at the top of the cup that prevented chunks from getting to your mouth. It was awesome. Cheap plastic though, I dropped it in the gym by mistake and sent my shake all over the place. Nobody was looking. Good thing I had a spare. I got the **** out before anybody saw me. The next day it was gone. Either cleaned up or sucked up by an even more broke bodybuilder than the one who dropped it.

Optimum08
03-28-2004, 05:46 PM
i personally use a shaker bottle that has a "protein grate" to break up the protein while shaking, there are never any chunks and my shake is really smooth so i would personally recommend it, but i also use Nitrean so taht may be why my shakes are so smooth also...:nod:

ogarchamplin
03-28-2004, 07:07 PM
i personally use a shaker bottle that has a "protein grate" to break up the protein while shaking, there are never any chunks and my shake is really smooth so i would personally recommend it, but i also use Nitrean so taht may be why my shakes are so smooth also...:nod:

i agree

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/product_information.asp?number=DPS10&back=yes&dept=1038&last=1038

jazer80
03-28-2004, 07:33 PM
i know we have them at the gnc i work at in MA. actually i remember getting one at a different gnc when i was yougner

Chad22
03-28-2004, 07:42 PM
The next day it was gone. Either cleaned up or sucked up by an even more broke bodybuilder than the one who dropped it.

LOL! :D

Shao-LiN
03-28-2004, 10:30 PM
Yes, shaker bottles are great. Agree on the 1fast400 bottle....if you plan on carrying it in a bag or something, beware of spillage...the top comes off easily.

Jim01
03-29-2004, 11:42 AM
Right now I actually use a hand mixer, with one of the 'blades' removed so it fits into a good sized cup.

This actually works well but the blade doesn't reach all the way to the bottom. I usually pour some milk in first, then put the powder on top and mix.

If it reached all the way to the bottom I could do half servings though.

Here is something else that looks like what I want. Price is kinda high though :omg:

http://www.125west.com/Bamix_Kitchen_Mixers_HandType_Bamix_de_Luxe_hand_blender.html

Tryska
03-29-2004, 11:53 AM
i've got the coolest blender cup i found at gnc of all places. It's a heavy duty plastic glass with a lid that holds a battery mechanism, and ytou attach a little flimsy plastic blender to it. i thought it would wind up beign really lame, but it works great. unfortunately i have no details other than i bought it a GNC.

ogarchamplin
03-29-2004, 01:05 PM
i've got the coolest blender cup i found at gnc of all places. It's a heavy duty plastic glass with a lid that holds a battery mechanism, and ytou attach a little flimsy plastic blender to it. i thought it would wind up beign really lame, but it works great. unfortunately i have no details other than i bought it a GNC.

Is it the one that makes a tornado when it mixes?

jazer80
03-29-2004, 01:37 PM
i think it does - i haven't had one of those in years, but i know almost all gnc's have those. people who buy them say they like them. i've always been a fan of just shaking my drinks

Tryska
03-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Yeah i suppose you could say that. It's got a little v-shaped blending bit. obviously you can't crush ice with it, but it's handy for mixing powder into a liquid.

Tryska
03-29-2004, 01:39 PM
my protein drinking coworkers are jealous when they see mine.

actually...maybe i'll make a shake right now.

AllUp
03-29-2004, 02:44 PM
I once got a mixer cup from 1fast400 that had a mesh screen at the top of the cup that prevented chunks from getting to your mouth. It was awesome.
Sounds pretty cool. Good Idea w/the screen and all, I'm sick of inhaling un-mixed chunks of protein powder - That **** sucks. :/

I may have to grab one. :D

The next day it was gone. Either cleaned up or sucked up by an even more broke bodybuilder than the one who dropped it.
ROFL.

Ebu
03-29-2004, 04:02 PM
I Prefer the good old blender. That way i cana keep the shakes nice and cold with ice, throw strawberries, bannaners, or whatever in. I drink it right out of the picther.

ogarchamplin
03-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Yes, shaker bottles are great. Agree on the 1fast400 bottle....if you plan on carrying it in a bag or something, beware of spillage...the top comes off easily.

Here is one that the lid screws on tight

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/shaker.html

jazer80
03-29-2004, 08:05 PM
hell ya ebu! all the way... you'd be surprised how much **** you can find in the kitchen to throw in there