PDA

View Full Version : also bulking, rough draft

kwx1
10-03-2001, 01:43 PM
I'm a skinny dude, 5'10", 145lb. Going to Mexico for spring break (March 23-Apr1) and would like to bulk up a bit by that time. Here's a diet I put together for myself and would appreciate some critque.

Meal 1:
5oz. chicken breast
1 Tbs. Flax
1/2 cup pasta
(515 cal, 47g pro, 42g carb, 20g fat)

Meal 2:
Protein shake
1/2 cup pasta
(385 cal, 37g pro, 54g carb, 2g fat)

Meal 3:
1 can tuna
1/2 cup pasta
1/4 cup walnuts
(595 cal, 49g pro, 45g carb, 23g fat)

Meal 4:
Protein shake
1/2 cup pasta
1 Tbs. Flax
(515 cal, 37g pro, 54g carb, 16g fat)

Meal 5:
5 oz. chicken breast
1/2 cup pasta
(385 cal, 47g pro, 42g carb, 6g fat)

Meal 6:
Protein shake
1/2 cup pasta
1 Tbs. Flax
(515 cal, 37g pro, 54g carb, 16g fat)

Totals:
2910 cal, 254g pro, 291g carb, 83g fat

I can eat plain pasta with some salt all day and it won't bother me at all. I figured I would just boil up 3 cups in the morning and eat it throughout the day. That is based on my understanding that pasta is a low GI carb.. if that is not the case, I can replace most if not all of it with oatmeal or whole grain bread or something. 3 protein shakes seems like a bit overkill, maybe I can replace one of those with 4 whole eggs.

Post-workout I would maybe subtract one of those pasta portions and replace it with 40g of dextrose and creatine. Or just eat both?

I am a VERY plain eater and don't psychologically need variety in my diet. I can eat chicken and pasta all day :p

I am going to use the old Wannabebig routine. Any suggestions or comments on the diet? Thanks in advance.

Spiderman
10-03-2001, 02:05 PM
That looks pretty damn good. ;) Only thing I'd do is get rid of some of that pasta... I assume its white pasta, which isn't to bad for ya, but not the greatest. If you can get whole what pasta. That would be much better. Or, throw in some brown rice in one of the meals instead of pasta and by all means, get some oatmeal in there at a meal. (meal one would be good. ;))

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-03-2001, 04:31 PM
what's with the winking spidey, you got a nervous twitch or something?

nejar462
10-03-2001, 05:50 PM
I would replace some of those shakes with whole foods. Whole foods have lots of goodies other than protein that shakes just can't get ya.

BTW, this really doesn't affect you or anything physically, but isn't it weird to have chicken and pasta for breakfast??

10-03-2001, 06:53 PM
looks good, but for me it would be a bit too boring and tedious while bulking. I'd use the same macros but use more variety, instead of something like pasta every meal.
Bulking is supposed to be fun. At least for me. lol.

kwx1
10-03-2001, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by nejar462
I would replace some of those shakes with whole foods. Whole foods have lots of goodies other than protein that shakes just can't get ya.

BTW, this really doesn't affect you or anything physically, but isn't it weird to have chicken and pasta for breakfast??

:nod: well, like I said, I'm not one who needs much variety in my meals. Food is food to me as long as it fills my stomach. Actually, it is a lot easier for me to bake up 3 days worth of chicken and eat it whenever than it is to scramble 4 eggs every morning when I am rushing out the door (it is the only way I can eat eggs without gagging).

I figure since I'm bulking, 2 protein shakes a day should be acceptable. I want to get rid of that 3rd one as well.. Maybe I'll scramble up some eggs when I get home instead.

I will replace the pasta in the morning with oatmeal, and replace another serving of pasta later in the day with brown rice. (is instant brown rice ok?) The pasta is made with semolina - not sure how that differs from white flour on the GI scale.

And I don't expect anything about this bulking to be fun for me. I'm a small guy without much of an appetite. I want to eat as cleanly as possible because I have a feeling just based on my figure currently that I might retain a lot of fat. I have some love handles and a little fat around my midsection...enough that you can only slightly see my abs when non-flexed. I am by no means a shredded 145 lbs, but then again, I've never lifted, exercised, or ate a decent diet on a regular basis before. I guess that probably has something to do with it. :angel: Considering how crappy I've eaten over the past few years, it is remarkable that I'm not a pile of flab and bones.

nejar462
10-03-2001, 08:52 PM
LOL, bulking is awesome, lol, I dont' even stop bulking, I just try to get my lifts up nowadays, when I get bored of bulking, who knows?!?!?

Spiderman
10-04-2001, 06:01 AM
Now that you mention it Chigs.... I may have..... :confused:

Yeah, instant brown rice will be fine for ya. Slow cooking would be overall better, but I cant' cook that stuff at all..I suck at it for some reason...burned a whole pot last time I tried....

As for the pasta, semolina is a type of flour...I believe its a type of white flour...not sure though. As I said, if ya can move to whole wheat pasta...its not only better for ya, but tasty too. :)