PDA

View Full Version : bulk timing

furious
03-28-2004, 12:09 PM
Hey,

Alright here is my situation. I bulked and cut down to bout 5-7% bodyfat, which I have been maintaining for about 3 1/2 months for modeling puroses here in NYC. I finally get to go home to Florida for the summer, and I plan to bulk and gain back some quality mass which I have lost during maintainence. I want to bulk and gain the least amount of fat possible, and I am back in Florida from mid April until roughly early August. I wish to bulk/cut during this time, and I was wondering how long I should be able to allow myself for each? I am also open to suggestions on my current maintainence diet which I have used to maintain my mass during this period. I am posting my stats as well as my diet below. Keep in mind, my wish is to gain a minimal amount of fat, therefore I plan to keep my diet fairly clean. I plan to reintroduce carbs to my diet, yet keep them restricted somewhat, due to my bodies reaction to them. Any suggestions/opinions/advice would be greatly appreciated. I await you're feedback.

Stats currently:

5'8
135lbs
5-7% body fat

Diet:

6 am: 2 cans albacore tuna (350 cals, 80 g protein, 4 g fat)

10-12 am (slow meal): 2 cans albacore tuna (350 cals, 80 g protein, 4 g fat), 22 oz romaine lettuce ( 86 cals, 13 carbs, 1.2 far)

3 pm (pre workout): 2 cans albacore tuna (350 cals, 80 g protein, 4 g fat)

5:30 pm (post workout): 1 can white crb meat (80 cals, 16g protein)

6:30: 2lbs thinly cut chicken breasts (100 cals 178g protein)

Training:

1 day per week of following bodyparts:
chest
back
shoulders
biceps
triceps
traps/abs

cardio: 4 miles running (500 cals) daily

furious
03-30-2004, 12:55 PM
bump

TheGimp
03-30-2004, 01:31 PM
As far as timing, aim to gain or lose 1 lb per week. Less, such as 0.5 lb a week may be helpful in minimising the amount of fat you gain or muscle you lose.

Looks like very little fat in your diet, especially considering the lack of carbs that means you're consuming almost entirely protein. Fat is necessary for proper hormone production (think testosterone) and essential fatty acids (fish or flax oil) are, guess what, essential for a multitude of processes involved in a healthy existence.

Stray
03-30-2004, 01:38 PM
Thats your Maint diet? I counted only about 1300 cals there..

raniali
03-30-2004, 01:39 PM
that's a horrible diet
besides the obvious lack of fats and carbs is the lack of vitamins and minerals that come from a balanced diet. i would also have to guess that your total cals are too low as well.
post wo meal should be an easily digestible protein AND carb source - which is why protein drinks are recommended for their solubility.