PDA

View Full Version : Pre workout shakes ..what to drink

J_C
03-28-2004, 12:46 PM
I been taking 50/50 grams shakes (carbs/prot) (whey/dextrose) before working out.

the other day I was reading an article in the flex magazine, in which Dorian Yates,the writer, was advocating a low carb, high proteins,amino acids, minerals meal replacement drink 90 minutes before starting to workout.

he made the point that by taking sugars before the WO fatigue will come sooner in middle of the workout.

I am not sure how long are his workout, mine last 1 hour, and I take my shake 30 min before so i am not sure if this applys to me and if I am doing ok loading up with dextrose before WO.

What you all do/think ?

ryuage
03-28-2004, 01:29 PM
what you are doing is fine... you just dont wanna be working so long you get into a sugar crash in the middle of your workout... I usually do about 50/50 or 75/25

such as 25 grams protein/25 grams carb or 15 grams protein/30 grams carbs 30 minutes prior usually malto for the carbs and nitrean for protein or ground up oats even.

TBone4Eva
03-29-2004, 01:36 PM
... you just dont wanna be working so long you get into a sugar crash in the middle of your workout...

Yeah, I made the mistake of taking one of those recovery drinks before a workout, cause I thought it would give my body more energy and thus I would have a better workout. Dumbest idea I've had working out. About 45 minutes into my workout I just crashed. I seem to do much better with just plain protein preworkout.