PDA

View Full Version : Are cheat days really necessary?

Focused
03-28-2004, 03:33 PM
i was reading a mag the other day, and it mentioned that you have to have a cheat day every so often, i think to speed up the metabolism or something

me myself, i can go forever without a cheat day, its nothing to me....i hate "fat people food" its repulsive. i dont even wanna cheat to be honest

Chad22
03-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Never heard that. I have read that as long as you are getting an appropriate amount of calories and your body tries to maintain its current weight. If you go to low your metabolism slows down and if you eat right and you have the occasional cheat day your body will try to burn that up and maintain what it sees as normal.

Maybe someone else can correct that if it isnt true but I swear I read that somehwere. As for me? Ill take all the cheat days that my body will allow me to. :D

Jasonl
03-28-2004, 04:36 PM
Refeeds are the way to go....
Here is an article
http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/articles/article18.htm

Chad22
03-28-2004, 05:14 PM
Come to think of it I know for sure that cheat days arent needed if you can control yourself. I was watching national geographic the other day and there were these guys in Africa who caught these big ass rats for their meals everyday. They all looked like they worked out and I assume they werent eating junkfood if their eating friggin rats for dinner.

Shao-LiN
03-28-2004, 05:23 PM
Cheat days aren't necessary. Refeeds may be necessary as you approach lower body fat levels, but those are supposed to be controlled overeating sessions.

Budiak
03-28-2004, 05:32 PM
A cheat day is just where you eat what you want, no regard for your current dietary goals. It doesnt have to be pizza, beer, and hot dogs. They're not necessary but refeeds should be done with some frequency while on a strict cutting diet.

ruthlessGravity
03-28-2004, 06:24 PM
like the French, i pick my favorite pastry and have it only on saturdays or sundays (which happens to be a strawberry poptart) :p

unfortunately some people think that a cheat day means they can binge on beer and chips all evening :(

Jasonl
03-28-2004, 06:53 PM
like the French, i pick my favorite pastry and have it only on saturdays or sundays (which happens to be a strawberry poptart) :p

unfortunately some people think that a cheat day means they can binge on beer and chips all evening :(
There is a difference between a cheat day and a cheat meal. Speaking of cheat meal, a Cinnabon sounds pretty good right about now...:drooling:

Shao-LiN
03-28-2004, 10:31 PM
I hate you for mentioning Cinnabon. I really do...

Saint Patrick
03-28-2004, 11:00 PM
A cheat day is just where you eat what you want, no regard for your current dietary goals. It doesnt have to be pizza, beer, and hot dogs. They're not necessary but refeeds should be done with some frequency while on a strict cutting diet.

Agreed.

The main purpose of a CHEAT day is to keep yourself from going crazy from all the clean eating.

Scott S
03-29-2004, 12:23 AM
like the French, i pick my favorite pastry and have it only on saturdays or sundays (which happens to be a strawberry poptart)

Dude, do yourself a favor and pick up some Toaster Streudels. I have no idea how those dry, tasteless Poptarts could be anyone's favorite food. :scratch:

[/rant]

furious
03-29-2004, 10:03 AM
pecan pie + krispy kreme glazed donuts+ briars real vanilla ice cream= cheat heaven