PDA

View Full Version : quick cals ques.

carlossalsa8
03-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Hi everyone!! I have been so confused about calories for a long time. I have posted many threads about this same ques. but hasn't really gotten an understanding answer. I am 5'9.5'' 158 pounds. I play soccer and train 4 days a week ( run for an hour to two hours a day, combined with sprints and other soccer training) and play 2 days a week. I go to the gym twice a week to do weight lifting. So I don't really have a rest day. I just want to know how many calories should I be eating a day. I have been eating 1500 to 1900 cals a day. ( people say its low) Is it too low? All I want is lose 5 to 6 pounds and I think that by now I would have lost them cuz of all the exercise I do but I haven't. It's like if weight do not want to go down. I eat more cals from carbs, a minimum pro intake and low fat ( 250 to 300 g of carbs, pro like 70 to a 100 g, and 20 to 40g of fat) Besides losing weight I just wanna know an estimate of the cals intake I should be eating a day. Thanks in advance.

DoUgL@S
03-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Truthfully the reason you might not have gotten the number of responses you would like is because you could find all the information you ask for in your post by using the search function. That being said, I hope that I can help a bit. To maintain your current bodyweight you should be eating roughly 2300 calories (15 cals/lb bodyweight) and about 125-160 g of protein a day (0.8-1g/lb bodyweight). The other 2 macronutrients can vary depending on diet of choice (i.e. ketogenic, balanced). This is just a guideline and everybody's numbers vary. You sound like you are very active and may require more than that. Remember that if the amount of calories you are eating are too low that your body goes into starvation mode, your body will adapt to the low cals and will safe guard the fat deposits.

carlossalsa8
03-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Truthfully the reason you might not have gotten the number of responses you would like is because you could find all the information you ask for in your post by using the search function. That being said, I hope that I can help a bit. To maintain your current bodyweight you should be eating roughly 2300 calories (15 cals/lb bodyweight) and about 125-160 g of protein a day (0.8-1g/lb bodyweight). The other 2 macronutrients can vary depending on diet of choice (i.e. ketogenic, balanced). This is just a guideline and everybody's numbers vary. You sound like you are very active and may require more than that. Remember that if the amount of calories you are eating are too low that your body goes into starvation mode, your body will adapt to the low cals and will safe guard the fat deposits.

If this happens, that means that in order to stop being at a starvation mode, I should stop eating low cals and start eating 2000 or more? so would you say I am not eating eanough? thank you.

Shao-LiN
03-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Due to your activity level, I'd say you aren't eating nearly enough if you're looking to gain any LBM or maintain. So yes, you would most likely benefit from adding more calories.

ryuage
03-29-2004, 04:53 PM
:withstupi

carlossalsa8
03-29-2004, 04:58 PM
Due to your activity level, I'd say you aren't eating nearly enough if you're looking to gain any LBM or maintain. So yes, you would most likely benefit from adding more calories.

any number of cals i should eat?

KeMiKaL
03-29-2004, 07:24 PM
i thought he said he wants to lose a few pounds

JTyrell710
03-29-2004, 07:31 PM
i think 2300 with all that exercise could still see him losing weight