PDA

View Full Version : Cutting on south beach diet

Bigtank
03-29-2004, 04:16 PM
I heard about the south beach diet and though I should use it for cutting. I am adding more protein that I should and I lost about 7 1/2 pounds. I am also keeping all my gains. I weighted 182lb and a week later I weight 174.5lb. Just wanted to announce because I actually found a diet that actually works with my body.

fishbrains
03-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Can you share with us what your daily diet was?

Shao-LiN
03-29-2004, 04:40 PM
I'd say a lot of that was water weight.

Allie
03-29-2004, 04:40 PM
Two of my roomies are doing South Beach, they both have lost a lot of weight and look really good, I think it's worth a shot, in fact they convinced me to start it, I'm still reading the book, then I plan on making my meal chart.

Bigtank
03-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Well here is one meal out of the book. You basicly go through three phases and this is the first one with no carbs. In phase 2 you start adding fruits as the carbs. And in phase 3 you are suppose to be taught how to eat healthy for the rest of your life according to the book. Basicly low carb high protein but there are very good recipes that taste good.

Breakfast:
6oz vegtable juice
2 Vegetable quiche with egg substitue and spinach
Decaffeinated coffee or tea with nonfat milk

Midmorning snack: 1 part-skim mozzerallea cheese stick

Lunch: sliced grilled chicken breast on romaine
low sugar prepared dressing

Midafternoon Snack: celery stuffed with 1 wedge laughing Cow light cheese

Dinner:
Grilled fish(any kind) with Rosemary
Steamed asparagus
Tossed Salad
Olive oil and vinegar for dressing

Dessert
Ricotta cheese with vanila flavor to make it taste good

I would also add some protein shakes

Shao-LiN
03-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Phase 1 lasts how long?

Stray
03-30-2004, 12:45 PM
2 weeks...

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art9526.asp

Without having read the book yet...I hear the information is good but the suggested meals/foods are a bit costly.

biggerthanu
03-30-2004, 01:08 PM
i have a hard believing FAD dietsl.............but you cant argue with success

fishbrains
03-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Not really into the no carb diets either...

JustinASU
03-30-2004, 05:27 PM
It's not a "fad diet" ...some asshole doctor created a healthy diet and called it "south beach diet" in an effort to cash in.

Bigtank
03-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Well this diet seems like it is a good diet for cutting, at least for me. It gives good recipes instead of gagging canned tuna everyday. Dr. Agatston may be in it just for just the cash but I read alot of success storys on other forums and it seems as if it is a legit diet. If I get cut enough, I will post some pics.

Shao-LiN
03-31-2004, 12:46 AM
Caloric deficit = lose weight...pretty simple.

bigkevin20
03-31-2004, 10:47 AM
Hey man Im glad you kept your gains. I gues we need to talk hit me up again.

DoUgL@S
03-31-2004, 11:13 AM
South beach/Atkins/Ketogenic Diet are all variations on the same theme. Start with very low carb and work your way up the carb ladder until you find the amount of carbs that allow you to keep loosing. Keep in mind that all that means is that you find an amount of carbohydrate intake that keeps you full and is below you calorie expenditure for the day. The atkins people have admitted the fact that eating low/lower carb diet allow you to feel full on less calories than a balanced diet. Just another way to eat less than you expend. Whatever floats your boat. I am glad its working for you.