PDA

View Full Version : Is butter (margarine?) a bad thing to eat when you are trying to get tone?

Chad22
03-29-2004, 07:40 PM
I eat a lot of chicken breasts and my favorite thing to eat with them is a baked potato. I have to add 2 tbsp of country crock or I just cant eat it. Is there a better alternative or is that it?

btw I dont know if it is butter or margarine or what. It is country crock spreadable goodness. :D

Genacide
03-29-2004, 08:02 PM
I've heard that margarine left outside won't be touched by ants, but they will et butter right up... Mother nature and animals have a way of telling us something. tuttut

Chad22
03-29-2004, 08:06 PM
man I hate to hear that because I love potatoes and cant stand the though of eating them with just salt. :cry:

Is there any down side to butter / maragarine besides the added calories and fat in a diet? I have been eating it but I have also been able to maintain a healthy balance of fats, proteins, etc and keep my calories where I want them.

Scott S
03-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Stay away from margarine; it's just bad news.

On the plus side, butter will help lower the (high) GI of a baked potato, if you care about such things.

Shao-LiN
03-29-2004, 10:42 PM
In any event, it will come down to overall calorie consumption.

Allyrulez
03-30-2004, 04:16 AM
Maybe use olive-margarine spread and use that to fill your quota of EFAs and monounsaturated fats etc?? I dont know.. Olivio spread is really nice thou

ogarchamplin
03-30-2004, 05:47 AM
You can use light butter or i beleive there is abutter than is blended with yogurt. I cant recall the name of it right know for the life of me

TheGimp
03-30-2004, 05:59 AM
Maybe use olive-margarine spread and use that to fill your quota of EFAs and monounsaturated fats etc??

Olive oil is a very poor source of EFAs.

Having said that I would choose olive oil over either butter or margarine because of its great monounsaturated fat content. Drizzle that over your potatoes.

xxr79xx
03-30-2004, 08:48 AM
man I hate to hear that because I love potatoes and cant stand the though of eating them with just salt. :cry:

Is there any down side to butter / maragarine besides the added calories and fat in a diet? I have been eating it but I have also been able to maintain a healthy balance of fats, proteins, etc and keep my calories where I want them.
maybe you should start knitting? lol sorry j/k bite the bullet and just give it your best shot.

ogarchamplin
03-30-2004, 09:15 AM
You can use light butter or i beleive there is abutter than is blended with yogurt. I cant recall the name of it right know for the life of me

http://www.brummelandbrown.com/