PDA

View Full Version : do shakes count as meals

J_C
03-30-2004, 12:49 AM
I am trying to eat 6 meals per day.... do the pre and post shakes count as meals .. for purpose of reaching the 6 ? .. or should I be eating 6 meals without counting shakes

WaterWalker
03-30-2004, 12:57 AM
I usually divide my total daily caloric intake by six so that I evenly disperse my calories over six meals throughout the day. A shake would be part of a meal. Usually a shake with a couple WW tortillas with some Natty Pb is my 3rd and 5th meal. If you are using a weight gainer with lots of cals, I would consider it a meal. The point is to get all of the cals that you need. You may be able to do this with a couple of meals as shakes.

HighExpectation
03-30-2004, 02:02 AM
i usually dont count pre/post shakes as meals. MRPs i count as meals. I make sure i get 3 good meals and 2-3 shakes/protein bars in as my other "meals" As WW said, I just make sure i get my cal intake.

PiKappaWRX
03-30-2004, 12:41 PM
Are shakes calories??? then they should count....

TrevorN
03-30-2004, 12:46 PM
of course there are calories in shakes, but i would never consider them a meal.

if you feel full from a shake, just have something small with your shake or eat just shortly before or after your shake

Shao-LiN
03-30-2004, 03:11 PM
Calories are calories. Are they a meal? Maybe not, but they still count towards your caloric intake for the day.

body
03-30-2004, 03:22 PM
as above include in your total kcal intake.

as for it technically being a meal. well that how big the shake is.

I think for a product to me a meal it has to ahve over 200kcals in it.

PiKappaWRX
03-30-2004, 07:36 PM
sorry that I didn't specify. But i usually think of a shake as at least 50g protein, so there's 200 cals w/ out whatever else you might throw in there. i.e. fruits, low-fat ice cream, or whatever anyone uses for taste or to increase their caloric intake.