PDA

View Full Version : BIG CAL'S everything journal.

big calvin
10-03-2001, 09:03 PM
ok im back to the journal, i have been getting back to eating right and training (light). i have a couple health problems but im doing better . im diabetic type 2, my liver enzymes are way high, my testosterone is low,i have hypothyroidism. wanted a place where i could share my results with other people and maybe get some motivation from my results. ok here we go:

goals:
lose fat
gain strength
get my liver enzymes lower(mines naturally high)
get my testosterone higher(mines naturally low)
get my blood sugar in line

wt: 425(down from 470!) lbs
bf: 51.5%
ffm: 206.13 lbs
fm: 218.87
my lifts are i would say "around"(im getting started again so muscle memory has to kick in before i can hit those numbers)
max bench: 300+
max squat: 300+
max deadlift: 250+

diet:
around 2500 calories
40% protein
30% carbs
30% fat

meal 1
myoplex
1 tbsp flax or hemp oil

meal 2
8oz. chicken breast
2 natural apple sauces

meal 3
myoplex
1 tbsp flax oil or hemp oil

meal 4
8oz. turkey
2 natural apple sauce

meal 5
myoplex
1 tbsp fla or hemp oil

meal 6
6oz. top sirloin steak
2 natural apple sauces

supplements:
dieters multi
milk thristle extract

meds:
glugavance 500mg twice a day
synthroid .1mcg (or mg i forget) a day

adding more later

training:
well im gonna start westside in about 2-4 weeks but now im gonna do a starting routine just to get back into things.

monday,wednesday,friday
3-5x5 squats or good mornings
4-5x5 db rows or pulldowns
5x5 bb bench or db press

done at home 3 times per week:
3x10 crunches
3x10 weighted side bends
3x20 roator cuff work
3x20 light seated good mornings(only done twice a week)

first couple workouts light add add on every workout till i hit my 1rm. once it gets hard ill do light/med./heavy days then do westide.

cardio:
30 min. 3 times a week to start.

well thats about it for now. im gonna write ever workout day so see u friday.

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-04-2001, 03:03 AM
how do you bench the same as you squat and both of these are higher than your deadlift?!

big calvin
10-04-2001, 06:40 AM
cause im over 400lbs. if i lost say 150 pounds and maintained my strength my lifts would be like B: 300 S:450 D:400....see my point? and my deadlift is my weakest lift....my core is'nt strong anuff and my grip is not the best.

syntekz
10-04-2001, 07:49 AM
Makes sense to me. Sounds like with weighing that much, working out, and sticking to that diet; you should drop pounds like it's your job. Good luck!

Tryska
10-04-2001, 07:55 AM
hey calvin?

I would suggest taking Maca alongside your meds....it regulates your entire endocrine system, i've heard some people were able to reduce their thyroid meds, or go off them completely, using it, as well as it will help increase test levels, and get your pancreas working right too. Might help with the liver enzymes, but that might be caused by the hypo. oh it also supports the adrenals.

cool thing about it is it just supports those organs..it doesn't actually stimulate them.

big calvin
10-04-2001, 03:25 PM
MA: yets hope so :) im not sure if this is gonna work or i should stick to low carbs...today wasnt easy(alot harder then low carbs). but i was doing ok. im starving all the time :cry: lol

tryska: are u talking about Maca Pure (Lepidium meyenii)? isnt that like a "supplement" in place of ghb? i have takin ghb to go to sleep and it worked well but used to much one night and it back fired and i was up all night. i use to melatonin(3-6mg) but i stoped last week cause i have been taking it for a long long time.

syntekz
10-04-2001, 03:55 PM
I've got friends who within the past year have lost around 100 lbs from doing no carb diets. They have completely changed their appearance, but not only did they lose fat; they also lost a LOT of muscle.

I think that this diet you're on might take longer to shred the fat, but it will keep you healthier and with you lifting it will help as well.

Tryska
10-04-2001, 05:17 PM
calvin...no...not GHB....more like DHEA, except, it doesn't add "extra" hormones to your body, and it doesn't stimulate your endocrine glands in any kinda way. it basically just brings your glands into balance....not quite sure on the mechanism, but it's quite safe. It's actually a beetroot looking vegetable that south americans eat, so it's like a foodstuff, but it has alkaloids in it that act on the endocrine system, and phytosterols (plant testosterones (for lack of a better word). The phytosterols aren't that active, but the alkaloids are great. like i said, I've hear of people being able to cut down their meds, or go off them totally using this stuff.

other key thing to remember is when you are hypothyroid, it's possible you are hypoadrenal too. You ever had to take Cortef? Maca is kinda like adrenal therapy as well. and yes..I mean like Maca Pure. 1 500mg cap, three times daily.

big calvin
10-04-2001, 05:20 PM
i just wanted to say that dont back off from writing on my journal to any one. i like when people write me back. just to let others know. :)

ok MA, well im always doing some type of low carbs thing. just now i wanted to test out higher carbs and im not sure. my glucose is below 100 when im low carbs but today after much of feeling starved :( my glucose was 180. so its higher and thats what has me thinking it wasnt such a good idea....now im at a point that i dont really mind if some muscle is lost. ill try my best through supplements and strength training to keep most but i know after i have lost alot of weight and increase my carbs to say 100-150g ill make good gains...im a classic endomorph . never can get cut but can gain strength pretty easy. the thing is im always trying to lose weight and my strength doesnt have a real chance to gain full speed. im about 80% sure im gonna swicth to low carbs again. it was fun while it lasted but im gonna have to be a low carber for life.

Tryska
10-04-2001, 05:47 PM
hey calvin...one other thing.....on the insulin spike...how about keeping the cabr ratio, but choosing different sources for your carbs? like cut out some of the apple sauce and add in veggies instead?

you ever read the Protein Power Life Plan by Eades and Eades? that syle of diet might suit you better...They are Endos i think, and run a Bariatrics practice, and used that way of eating for their diabetic patients. It's less stringent then a keto-type plan, but not quite the same as this zone thing you got going on......

big calvin
10-04-2001, 06:10 PM
well i know its bad and stuff but i just dont eat veggies. i was gonna try to eat mushrooms with steak in soy sauce but then thats when im doing low carbs. i have the protien power book and it looks like a great plan but i mean thats very little differnce with that and atkins other then a bit more carbs and less overall food .so if do eat low carbs then its more or less like those 2 diets. i think im just gonna go back to low carbs.

big calvin
10-05-2001, 03:20 PM
-diet is good. but im changing it to ketogenic diet. i just dont know if i should go SKD or TKD. 2500 calories 71% fat,3% carbs,26% protein.

-training was pretty good. went very light but its really my first real first day back.

weightxrepsxsets

squat 135x5x3
pulldowns 140x5x5
bench press 135x5x5
crunches 3x10xbodyweight
side bends 3x10x20 db's
cuff rotations 3x20x10 db's

big calvin
10-06-2001, 07:28 PM
today was pretty good keto day. my % isnt want i wanted but i think it'll work the same

meal 1
6 bacon & 3 eggs

meal 2
2 atkin pre made shakes

meal 3
15 chicken wings

meal 4
2 atkin pre made shakes

meal 5
12oz. cubed steak

i was thinking maybe some of that dhea would help with my test levels and make me feel a little less depressed. i think im gonna try it. and im gonna add a fat burner, i just dont know which yet.

big calvin
10-07-2001, 05:11 PM
well today was another perfect day! HELL YEAH!!! im taking tryska's advice and doing protein power, i know in the long run ill be better and it looks a little healthier then atkins(more controled, and better fats).

i think my waters over a gallon but im gonna start measuring to make sure.

ohh and i think im adding these supplements:
DIM(estrogen controller)
im not sure which mica product to use yet im still looking
fuzu
adipokinetix
gluggobolic

here is how today went:

9:00am
6oz. sirloin steak cooked in 1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 an apple

12:00pm
1 scoop protein powder
1 serving peanuts

3:00pm
8oz. chicken breast cooked in 1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 an apple

6:00pm
same as meal 2

and at 9:00pm ill have a 6oz. steak with 1 serving peanuts.

total carbs where about 30-35g. but substacting the fiber it drops to like 20-25.

tomorrows training day. cant wait :D

Tryska
10-08-2001, 06:36 AM
hey calvin! right on...glad i could help out....one thing - That DIM may not be necesary if you decide to take Maca....I've never heard of it before...does it prevent test - estrogen conversion?

big calvin
10-08-2001, 07:28 PM
tryska:
yeah its for a better estrogen to testosterone %.

well i had to switch back, to little food for me :( my food isnt really bad just basic.

here is how today went:

the first 2 meals where protien power and the rest where atkins:

meal 1
1 low carb pre-made protein shake

meal 2
6oz. flank steak
2 slices cantaloupe

meal 3
12oz. steak

meal 4
10-14 chicken wings

meal 5
atkins shake

trained today and it went pretty good,but i lifted of the squat rack when unracking it wrong and my leg felt weird so i stoped after 3 sets :(. went a little heavier and still could handle more! i love muscle memory!

squats
bar 5
135 1...stoped

pulldowns
100 5
140 5
180 5

bench press(felt very tight and pretty easy, thought it was gonna be harder)
135 5
185 5
205 5

i just wanted to tell u guys my rep speed is fast. not super fast but no neg. but uber control. so its like...bing,bing,bing,bing,bing and im done.

syntekz
10-08-2001, 07:36 PM
How many cals is that? How much you weigh?

big calvin
10-08-2001, 08:15 PM
im 420-425

im tring to keep my calories at around 2800 but some days it drops to like 2000.

big calvin
10-09-2001, 08:24 PM
todays diet was great! felt pretty good. training tomorrow...the funny thing is i did 3 sets of bench and pulldowns on monday and only 1-2 sets for squats and my legs are soar and not my chest or back! lol ohh well i just hope i can hit squats tomorrow.

meal 1
12oz. steak

meal 2
1 atkin shake

meal 3
12 chicken wings

meal 4
1 atkin shake

meal 5
12oz. steak

water was a bit low today. so im gonna try and up it.

no supplements yet, gotta go out and buy it :D

big calvin
10-10-2001, 07:37 PM
another great day! didnt train :( i was still to sore, tomorrow i think ill do it...

meal 1-6 bacons and 3 eggs
meal 2-1 atkin shake
meal 3-12oz. pork chops
meal 4-1 atkin shake
meal 5-12oz. flank steak

i didnt like the eggs(never really have) but it was ok.

i made my long term goal weight. 250lbs at 20% body fat. lets see how long it take me :)

big calvin
10-11-2001, 06:19 PM
F'n A man! i cheated today :mad: :help:

i dont know what happend i just really woke up on the wrong side of the bed today...started off at BK and ended at pizza hut! man and i was so F'n proud of my self for not cheating for so long! well im gonna try and sleep it off and wake up tomorrow to a dose of morning cardio! talk to u tomorrow...wish me luck :)

Alex.V
10-11-2001, 06:23 PM
Hey man, just lift extra heavy next time, put those extra cals to work. :)

Insignificant setback in the scheme of things.

big calvin
10-11-2001, 08:12 PM
thanks. yeah man i cant wait to start going heavy! im having a powerlifting contest in 3 months with my cousin and brother. we're not gonna go by weight cause my cousin is 180lbs and my brother is 275lbs so its a little differnt so we are gonna go by LBM and see if like how more we can bench then LBM...i know its not perfect but it keeps me motivated. my cousins LBM is like 160 and so is my brothers but mines around 200. so im gonna shoot for 350-400 max. i think my cousin can hit 315 for a max and my brother well i think he'll get like 285 or so. lets hope i win! :D

big calvin
10-12-2001, 08:38 PM
today was great! changed it to more carbs and less fat and i did pretty good today.

meal 1
myoplex

meal 2
8oz. chicken breast
1.5 cups corn

meal 3
myoplex

meal 4
8oz. turkey
4 slices wheat bread

meal 5
myoplex

meal 6
6oz. sirloin steak
2 natural apple sauces

im not sure if im gonna add flax or hemp oil to the shakes...

Mystic Eric
10-12-2001, 09:12 PM
good job man. keep up the good work

heathj
10-13-2001, 12:39 AM
Do you get cheap meat? You seem to eat a lot of it.

big calvin
10-13-2001, 08:20 AM
no :( cause i dont feel comfortable in places like supermarkets(cause im overweight) i shop at a local omaha steak store. its like $5 for 4oz. sirloin steak,$2.5 for 4oz. chicken breast. so it does get expensive.

thanks terminator! :)

MWB
10-13-2001, 09:32 AM
Cal, send someone to the market for you or just suck it up and go. $5 for 4 oz of sirloin is outrageous! I just picked up some sirloin steaks today on sale for $1.99 a pound.

big calvin
10-13-2001, 06:21 PM
yeah i know its hard. if i do go to the market i get up early(6:30am) cause it opens at 7:00am. ill see if thats ok.

anyways today went great again but i changed back to my low carbs. i missed my steak :( lol..and i know its what i have to do no matter what.

breakfast
cooked up hams and bacon

lunch
chicken wings

dinner
steak

snacks(2)
1 atkin shake

im have some stuff in my head that im not sure what im gonna do. like if i should have pre and post workout carbs. or if i should just add some fruits(small amounts). not sure yet

big calvin
10-14-2001, 06:52 PM
another good day! lets hope tomorrow i train!

breakfast
cooked ham and bacon

snack
1 atkin shake

lunch
chicken wings

snack
1 atkin shake

dinner
steak

big calvin
10-15-2001, 06:41 PM
great day again! i dont know if i should worry about the high protein ratio to fat in my diet cause of the ketosis thing. but sence i dont carb up i dont think its to much of a problem.

meal 1
3 scoops whey protein
4 tbsp heavy cream

meal 2
12 chicken wings

meal 3
bacon and cooked ham

meal 4
about 12oz. steak

meal 5
3 scoops whey protein
4 tbsp heavy cream

big calvin
10-16-2001, 05:54 PM
dame good today! :nod: i have to start training and some cardio though.

meal 1
2 scoops whey protein(im switching it to a slower protien)
2oz. heavy cream

meal 2
12 chicken wings

meal 3
bacon and cooked ham

meal 4
2 scoops whey protein
2oz. heavy cream

meal 5
12oz. steak

ok i get paid on friday so thats when im getting all my new sup's.
dieters multi
potassium
zma
adipo or PPA

now as for the test stuff and hormones...i heard 1-ad is getting really good respounces and im thinking it could help my low testosterone levels.....i have to do more research and ask some more....

big calvin
10-17-2001, 06:38 PM
switched diet again. im gonna try lean proteins, maybe some EFA's and carbs only where i need them(breakfast and workout).

meal 1
1 cup oats
1 scoop protein

meal 2
protein shake

meal 3
8oz. chicken breast

meal 4
protein shake

meal 5
6oz. flank steak

meal 6
protein shake

man i have to start training again :( tomorrow for sure!

big calvin
10-18-2001, 07:32 PM
cheated today again. ****!!!!! man i thought it was gonna go down good. had my first meal and after that binge. i have no idea whats gonna work for me. my doctor says atkins but is that healthy? all these things are going in my head and i feel like i have all the info all in my head but i cant organize it all so that i see what i have to do. MAN!!! THIS SUCKS!!!

big calvin
10-19-2001, 06:50 PM
GREAT F'N DAY!!!! back to atkins and lovin it!
got all new supplements ill list them.

meal 1
protein shake

meal 2
1/2 chicken

meal 3
protien shake

meal 4
steak

meal 5
some more steak

my new supplements are:
biotest's advanced protein 2 scoops a day
easy swallow multiple 6 caps
vitamin C 6g a day
zinc 100mg a day
potassium citrate almost 600mg
dopabean(mucuna puriens) 666mg
glucossamine 1000mg /chondroitin 800mg
udo's perfected oil blend 2 tbsp a day or more..

big calvin
10-20-2001, 06:13 PM
HELL YEAH!!! today was great!!! lean meats, healthy fats,low carbs!!! HELL MUTHA****** YEAH!!!

meal 1
advanced protein
1 tbsp EFA oil
1 serv. peanuts

meal 2
12oz. chicken breast cooked in 1.5 tbsp olive oil

meal 3
8oz. sirloin steak cooked in 1 tbsp olive oil

meal 4
advanced protein
1 tbsp EFA oil
1 serv. peanuts

meal 5
8oz. sirloin steak cooked in 1 tbsp olive oil

:spam: :) :nod: :)HELL YEAH!!!!:) :nod: :) :spam:

can u tell im happy!?! :D

MWB
10-21-2001, 04:55 AM
Hey Cal, how do you like that Biotest Advanced Protein? I hear it's supposed to taste pretty good.

I noticed that once in a while you have sort of a cheat meal which then turns the whole day into a binge. Looking at your last few posts you have been sticking to your diet plan and feeling great about yourself. Think about how great you feel when you stick to your diet next time you feel like cheating. This might help you from falling off your plan.

You can do it man! Keep up the good work.

xraygirl
10-21-2001, 05:00 AM
Another idea would be to plan one cheat meal at a designated time later in the week. That way you have something to look forward to and knowing that you are going to get that particular meal will help you stay on track till that time.

big calvin
10-21-2001, 08:28 AM
mwb: yeah it doesn happen like that but most of the time i dont plan the cheat meal and it turns into the day :(

also the protien, well i use water and with water by itself(no EFA oil) it tastes ok. the thing is that because it says to use 1 cup water with 1 scoop protein but to get 40g u need 2 scoops so then its 2 cups water but when blended it increases to like 4-5 cups! so for a protein powder i think its a bit large volume. it taste at first sip ok, like i say ahh well i can down this. but after the first cup its already like dame this am i ever gonna finish!!

but its ok really, as long as u dont mind it the size of like a myoplex.

xraygirl:
yeah i normally try that but i can never get to that point. like if i want to cheat on sunday but i end up cheating on thursday, then my plain is messed up cause im not gonna cheat again. but i know what u mean, i havent said "ok im gonna have 6 clean days and on day 7 i get 1 meal i want" so it may work again...

big calvin
10-21-2001, 08:51 PM
today was good, not as good as yestarday but still no binge so im ok.

meal 1
steak

meal 2
protein shake

meal 3
chicken wings

meal 4
protein shake

meal 5
pork chops

big calvin
10-22-2001, 04:10 PM
HELL YEAH!!! today was the best day ever!!! clean and a crap load of healthy fats!! way better then yestarday!!! today is a new beginning, no more binges,no more second guessing myself,no more afraid im gonna have a heart attck!! today i had one of the best days and i plan on keeping doing it till i reach my goal!!! (of course i will continue on my "life plan") i even did cardio today!!! here is what i did:

breakfast
6oz. sirloin steak

snack
4 serv. peanuts

lunch
8oz. chicken breast

snack
4 serv. peanuts

and for dinner im gonna have 6oz. steak.

the total are:
protein:206g
carbs:40g(16g are fiber so its 24 active carbs)
fat:158g

for cardio i walked for 15 min. i know its not alot but hey its something for me. man it felt like an hour!! but it will get better. i know it will!

big calvin
10-23-2001, 07:49 PM
did it again! 15 min. walking and diet was on!

meal 1
6oz. steak

meal 2
4 serv. peanuts

meal 3
8oz. chicken breast

meal 4
4 serv. peanuts

meal 5
6oz. steak

15 min. walk

big calvin
10-24-2001, 09:03 PM
:( cheated today. i messed up, was on the road all day working and wasnt prepared for it. cheated on fast food crap. didnt even taste good :cry: ohh well gonna try for better tomorrow

big calvin
10-25-2001, 09:10 PM
dame good day!! had 6 meals today!!

meal 1
8oz. flank steak p:60g c:0g f:26g

meal 2
atkins shake & 1 serv. peanuts p:26g c:10g f:23g

meal 3
9 chicken wings oven baked p:48g c:3g f:33g

meal 4
atkins shake & 1 serv. peanuts p:26g c:10g f:23g

meal 5
8oz. flank steak p:60g c:0g f:26g

meal 6
atkin shake & 1 serv. peanuts p:26g c:10g f:23g

total p:246g c:33g f:154g 2502
49% 5% 56%

dame good today and my caloires i think are right where i want it....the only thing is i normally take 300-400mg 5-htp at night but im gonna only take 200mg at night or maybe 100mg but add 100mg in the morning and mid day 100mg. trying to see if it really cuts the carb cravings.

big calvin
10-26-2001, 07:33 PM
great day again! did 15 min a indoor bike today!

meal 1
flank steak

meal 2
atkins shake

meal 3
chicken wings baked

meal 4
atkins shake

meal 5
flank steak

meal 6
atkins shake

big calvin
10-27-2001, 07:56 PM
cheated again today. i dont know if the reason that i cheat is cause i eat to little carbs, i dont know if i should add carbs and less fat but not high carbs. just more. any feed back?

Tryska
10-28-2001, 08:03 AM
i think you cheat because you feel like you are depriving yourself some sort of way and you are trying too hard to be "good".....how about trying a cyclical keto, or like the anabolic diet type of schedule?

keto during the week, carbup on the weekend, and then back to keto?

Alex.V
10-28-2001, 09:08 AM
Well.... Right now, at this exact moment, do you have any sort of cravings?

big calvin
10-28-2001, 02:31 PM
yes im alsways craving carbs. i dont know why.

big calvin
10-28-2001, 06:10 PM
tryska:
i have tried it before but now that im diabetic i think it would be nasty! u know sugar high sugar low thing..tkd would be o thorugh.

see the thing is i read alot and know alot! but i havent experimented alot. cause im always cheating! like today i did body for life eating...half the day was great, i just cheated big time. see i dont know what i can or cant do. its driving me crazy!!! i know that im gonna have to be a low carber for life but how low is to low? is 20g ok? 50g? 100g? what!!! dame!!! sorry i just feel like my head is gonna explode!!! ill write again tonight when i feel better.....

MWB
10-28-2001, 06:47 PM
Cal, I don't mean to sound harsh but you need to control yourself. You and only you decide what to put in your mouth. Decide to put in healthy things! Don't let foods that aren't on your plan in! Are you eating because you are hungry, or because you have the munchies? There is a BIG difference here. If you are eating junk because of cravings, you have to learn to control yourself. If you are eating because your stomach is growling, maybe you aren't getting enough calories during the day. Maybe not enough water.
I know what you are going through with cravings, I just went through it 3 weeks ago. At night I would feel like eating and would go for the peanut butter jar. You say to yourself, just one taste. It never works that way. I ended up eating over half the jar! So now what do I do? I don't even keep peanut butter in the house anymore. Out of site, out of mind. I ask my self, "am I really hungry, or do I just feel like eating?" Usually it is the latter and if I drink a glass of water I'm fine. If I am hungry, I'll eat some turkey or something.
Think of it this way, it takes effort to cheat. It takes no effort to not do something, you just don't do it.
Pick a diet and stick to it. If you want to through in carbs, keep them low GI and don't eat them along with fat. Get some FIBER in your diet man! Looking at what you eat you must be backed up big time. Remember, fiber doesn't act like a carb, it just passes through you.
Keep positive, you can get through this.

big calvin
10-28-2001, 07:56 PM
thanks bro....

i know what diet is gonna cut it for me i just make excused to hold it off till later and i have been doing this for years! if u ask anyone in my family they'll tell you im a big meat eater...but i also love carbs! no sweets but rice & pasta!! ohh my god how i love it!!! see this is how i know i like steak more so then rice...if u asked me to eat only rice i wouldnt like it. taste to bad. if u say eat only steak ill be like HELL YEAH!! steak is like a cheat for me in a sence!! cause i like it so much its like im not on a diet...now the reason i cheat on steak is cause in my head i say " well i should get more of a balance of foods, ok tomorrow ill start my balance diet thing for now ill cheat cause i know tomorrow i know i have to diet" DIET!!! it should be a diet in my head!! i should say " ok what do u want? some steak would hit the spot...ok ill have a steak" but i F up by eating it with rice and coke. i drink coke like a mad man!! i use to get up to 2 6 packs a day!!! thats like over 400g sugar a day!!! so i know i have a big problem in the "sugar department" . i also mess up in the morning, im on the run and i just stop at BK, if i eat the first meal bad the rest of the day is F'ED. i just cant go throughout the day eating clean knowing that that first meal was bad. everything has to be perfect! if im on a diet i have to be on the best diet! i cant eat even a little white rice and say well its all i had cause i know better!! so getting to my point im fine if i could eat steak all day with roasted chicken and some shakes. but like i guess cause i read and see most people eating "healthy carbs" that i want to be like that but it doesnt work with me. if i do stick to it my sugar is super high. so its a no win situation. i know my body cause of all the tortue i have put it through must be on very very little carbs atleast for now. now i have SIMPLE plan i came up with that say a big F YOU to keto diets % . its just eat no carbs and limit my caloires to around 3000 caloires.. if my protein is higher then it should be to be in perfect ketosis % ohh well. if my fat isnt 60-70% ohh well atleast im not cheating right? and as for the fiber part, im supressed that i move my bowles fine if not better when im on low carbs. i dont have any idea why but its just like that. i got o the bathroom like atleast 1-3 times a day. sometimes more(i may have IBS but im not sure) anyways i thank all of you for your help and motivation, and i hope to show u guys i can do and i am gonna do it.

thanks, ohh and im feeling much better more then when i wrote that last post....

big calvin
10-28-2001, 07:59 PM
when i say eat no carbs i dont mean zero i mean like less then 30g or so.

MWB
10-29-2001, 04:17 AM
It seems like you just keep second guessing yourself on the proper diet, and then you make a small change to compensate and everything gets out of wack. If you want to do 30 carbs a day, great! Stick to it. Don't second guess it. If you mess up one meal the WHOLE DAY IS NOT RUINED! JUST THAT ONE MEAL IS. If you mess up say to yourself,"My next meal will be perfect".

Be prepaired. One of the simplelest things you can do is get your self a shaker bottle like the AST one, throw in a few scoops of your favorite protein and take that with you wherever you go. If you get caught some where all you need to do is throw in some water, shake and drink. Simple.

Today is Monday. Fresh start to a new week. Do your best to be as perfect as you can untill Sunday. See how you feel. It takes time to adjust to a diet and to get in the habit of eating certain things. It can be tough, but once you break out of your old habits it gets much easier. Keep trying!

Tryska
10-29-2001, 06:52 AM
cal...your thinking of yourself as being on a "diet". That means food is either "good" or "bad" and if you "screw up" then f*ck it...the whole thing is shot. And you blow the whole day, and then spend time feeling guilty.

check it though.....you yourself said you are gonna be low-carbing for life, right? so it's not a "diet" - it's a lifestyle. There are foods that work with your body, and food s that don't agree with you. It's all good. You need to understand your not screwing up when you eat something that doesn't agree with you. You just have to face consequences, let it go, and mitigate the damage, by getting back on your wagon. think you're giving food to much control over you personally. I also think you're screwing yourself over by not planning. Plan your weeks meals in advance. prepare it sunday night. That way there's no need to go to BK for breakfast, because you alreayd know what it is you have to eat. Go back and read your books again. Food is a drug, and you have to administer it. In your case, you know carbs don't do your body good. Neither does heroin. do you use heroin? NO. (well i don't think you do). Anyways....stop giving food so much power. it's just fuel for your body, and i think you are overthinking it bro, and that's leading you to tie up way too much emotion in it.

big calvin
10-30-2001, 04:29 PM
ok i didnt write yestarday cause my comp. didnt let me go on WBB forums for some reason...

thank u guys for writing it means alot to me.

anyways ok today and yestarday where great!!! i upped the carbs some what but i for the most part its still low carbs,lean protein. im also trying to keep everything "low fat" not no fat or not high fat. here is what i did today:

meal 1
myoplex in water

meal 2
3 chicken breast with some BBQ sauce(not to much) and like 1/2- 1 cup corn

meal 3
4 scoops whey protein in water(in a shaker bottle! thanks mwb :) )

meal 4
2 steaks(8oz.) grilled with very little mushrooms just to see how they tasted...there ok. not to bad and not to good. but i think i can cut it.

im about to decide on what to eat for my last 2 meals. i know 1 is gonna be protien shake again and the other....maybe 1/2 roasted chicken? yeah ill have that now and the shake later.

thanks guys. till tomorrow! :)

big calvin
10-31-2001, 06:38 PM
good day again!!

meal 1
2 atkins shakes

meal 2
4 roasted chicken drums

meal 3
8oz. flank steak

meal 4
2 atkin shakes

meal 5
8oz. flank steak

meal 6
4 roasted chicken drums
--------------------------

i still got alot in my head. u guys know how it is, is this good anuff, should i do this or do that...im always like that. i hope im doing right. cause if im not and i stick with it...man that would just mess me up big time!

Bam Bam
10-31-2001, 08:41 PM
if your going keto use less prtoein and more fat but i suggest you keep some carbs involved because of your tnedency for cravings

big calvin
10-31-2001, 09:07 PM
i am...just trying to keep it low carbs till i get everything i need and map out everything..stay toned cause i think your really gonna like my new meal plan.....just taking a while to make sure everythings ok with it...

thanks bammer

big calvin
11-01-2001, 07:45 PM
alls went well today! i had a problem with my "plan" i was working on. i forgot that i repsound differntlly to carbs, i havent been testing my sugar to offten(only if i cheat) and i remember that before when i would eat carbs(to much glucose) or even to much protein(to many calories) my blood glucose would stay high. so atleast for now i HAVE to stick to this. and i think i can, today i ate everything i liked! STEAK!!! hehehe

meal 1
12oz. sirloin steak

meal 2
2 atkins shakes

meal 3
1/2 roasted chicken

meal 4
2 atkin shakes

meal 5
12oz. sirloin steak

now i know it doesnt have veggies but i can add mushrooms and maybe broccoli to the steak and maybe like a stir fry.

i hope tomorrow to train! lets hope i do!!

big calvin
11-02-2001, 07:03 PM
no training :cry: but i still stuck to my diet :)

got my synthroid and glucovance today from walgreens. gonna make an apointment to see my doc for this week or next(which ever time they give me)

ohh i went to college today! yeah i was a little scared cause well there so many "lean" people and stuff. but it wasnt so bad went to see the consouler and all went well. i start in janurary(better start losing some weight :D )

meal 1
2 atkins shakes

meal 2
1/2 chicken

meal 3
12oz. steak

meal 4
12oz. steak

meal 5
2 atkin shakes

im feeling ok. not the best but ok.

big calvin
11-03-2001, 05:26 PM
great day again! going good today my sugar was low today but its better then having it high right? :)

meal 1
12oz. flank steak

meal 2
2 atkin shakes

meal 3
1/2 roasted chicken

meal 4
2 atkin shakes

meal 5
12oz. cubed steak

today i felt better then yestarday, must have been all the presure of going to school. but today was really much better. i dont know if the training plan i made up is hindering my going to the gym. well cause its something i have never done before and it looks like its alot but i know my strnegth would really go up. guess i just have to tough it out or something....

big calvin
11-04-2001, 08:02 PM
great day!! meals same as yestarday. every thing went perfect!

heathj
11-04-2001, 11:38 PM
Good job, you're doing better then me sticking to your diet recently. Keep up the good work. How many pounds have you lost so far?

big calvin
11-05-2001, 06:17 PM
thanks health, i cant really tell (try finding a scale that goes over 400lbs!:D ) but i think im doing good. today i added in some supplements and i have NO CRAVINGS!! most likly due to the 5htp i took in the morning(100mg) what else did i take? a multi,ala 300mg,50mg zinc,potassium 99mg,maca 1 pill, 5htp 100mg my glucovance and my synthroid. everything was dame good today! i dont know if its cause of all the supplements or the diet is starting to turn for the good cause i didnt have any craving and i wasnt hungry!!! i almost missed my 2nd meal cause i was hungry! ME , NOT HUNGRY!! go fig! i think i want to add a fat burner but dont know which one. it cant be to many pills or to big. hydroxycut is out, xeda is also out(to big) adipo i always use and it gives me headachs and all it really does is cut my hunger but i dont have any so....im not sure...any ideas on a really good fat burner thats small pills? maybe i should just go with the ECA stack and add some stuff. not sure.....

meals same as normal.

im feeling so good i think tomorrow morning im gonna go and do some deadlifts !!! HELL YEAH!!!

Tryska
11-06-2001, 07:38 AM
metaburn by MRM. it's a good formula.

big calvin
11-06-2001, 02:58 PM
cheated today. man this sucks so much, and i didnt really even want to cheat it was cause i was with my brother and he went to BK and i couldnt take it...it didnt even taste good and i ran to somewhere else to get something better...man i feel bad about that...the only good news is my blood sugar is still normal i guess its from the gluovance i started to take and i canceled the anvandia.

big calvin
11-07-2001, 06:54 PM
not good again. cheated from meal 1, im not sure why i just didnt "feel" like dieting . sick of all this crap........

i was feeling really crappy this morning.....untill just now, i went to compUSA and there was a little kid who didnt say anything(thank god) but just looked at me. like if i was some fook'n freak or something!!! man i hate when people do that!!!! but as i was walking away i started to think "man this is BS!!! i dont have to be like this!!! i cant lose weight so fook'n fast and so easy if i just tried more!!! i know what to do!!!! i know more then most people give me credit to!!! now all the reading and researching is over and i have to ACT!!!

sorry, just blowing some steam off. ill write tomorrow in a calmer manner.

Chris Rodgers
11-07-2001, 08:33 PM
You know all of us here are going to support you anyway we can Big C. Like you said, you have the knowledge, now apply it.

Applied knowledge is power.

C'mon big man. Make little steps with the diet. Have planned cheats so that you don't have to just suddenly drop everything. Good luck man.

big calvin
11-08-2001, 05:52 PM
thanks lats, u know i like that phrase "applied knowledge is power" . that got me thinking alot.....

i changed my diet a littel just to see if it would help me stick to it longer-hey it couldnt hurt right?- so here is what i did today , and i have to say it went off very very well!!

meal 1
1 cup oats
2 scoops advanced protein

meal 2
2 chicken breast(8oz.) with some BBQ sauce(like 2 tbsp)

meal 3
6oz. cubed steak

meal 4

meal 5
6oz. cubed steak

and my last meal is gonna be 2 scoops advanced protein again...its not so bad(i said it was a large shake) but as long as i sip and not golp its pretty good! :)

tomorrow im gonna see if i go to the gym and hit a bench day and maybe even some pre-1st meal cardio :)

by the way tryska, i think im gonna go with eca stack from drugs and not herbs. maybe add some other stuff in the mix but i think its more cost effective and ill get better results. thanks T.

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-08-2001, 06:03 PM
Actually, applied knowledge is wisdom, but either way you're set man.

big calvin
11-09-2001, 05:37 PM
went back to atkins, i got to use to it.

meal 1
cooked ham and sausage

meal 2
2 atkins shakes

meal 3
chicken wings

meal 4
2 atkin shakes

and im about to eat ribs. :D

felt pretty good today, although im almost sure tonight my blood sugar is gonna be low so have to watch for it...i just used my multivitamin today and tomorrow im gonna add in potassium for the craps..and eca stack in a week or so.

big calvin
11-10-2001, 04:56 PM
man today i did my diet but i feel like crap!!! man all day i felt bad!!! i dont know if i should stop this atkins or not...i have been talking to some people and they all pretty much say that i dont need this type of diet. that i should start off eating healthy foods and balanced . then when i can stick to eating normal healthy foods work with my % of carbs and fats and protien so i always see results and it would be easier for me. but would that work? like he says that right now im use to eating like over 400g carbs and for me to cut it down to almost none is crazy!! most people
couldnt even comprehend that...but what do u guys think? i know i switch alot from diet to diet day to day but i just dont want to mess up this time. im trying but i seem to not be able to stick to much of anything.

MWB
11-10-2001, 06:36 PM
This is tough because you are diabetic and I don't know what throws your blood glucose out of wack. How many carbs can you eat and keep it under control? If you want to start eating carbs again just start slow with complex low glycemic carbs, oats,sweet potatoes, brown rice.

Personally, I think some people have a hard time getting their bodies to burn fat for fuel. Calorie for calorie, I do better on a lower fat diet than a higher one. I'm talking 15-20% fat, 50-55% protein and around 30% carbs. This is roughly what I'm doing now and I've leaned out a bit in just the past 3 weeks.

big calvin
11-10-2001, 07:55 PM
well because im on glucovance it lowers my sugar alot! even if i cheat the whole day if i go with more then 3 hours of not eating i start to get a headach or my fingers start to shake so i know NOW i can eat some carbs because i have help from the pills. everything for me increases my sugar. to much carbs, to much protein, or just to much caloires jumps it. but these are all in large amounts. if i keep it to good portions like 6-8oz of meat and 1-1.5 cups of a carb ill stay ok. but would i be able to do that? i have lost weight in the past on this type of eating(and a good amount) but im diabetic now so i dont know if its differnt even if that pill helps me.

big calvin
11-10-2001, 09:26 PM
ok i was thinking why i felt so bad today and i think it was cause i normally take 1 glucovance in the morning and i forget to take the last one(night) but last night i took it and this morning i took it so it could have cause me to go hypo and feel bad. so what im gonna do is take 1 or maybe i wount have to take any pills(that would be great!) so im gonna stick to the low carbs but cut out or lower my glucovance dosage.

(bammer i know i was gonna switch but i dont think i can stick to eating all those "health foods" u know and have to worry about having them ready or with me..etc.)

big calvin
11-11-2001, 06:00 PM
AWESOME DAY!!!!!! felt pretty good to.

didnt do atkins. some little carbs in the morning and the rest of the day pretty lean meats and some good fats....

meal 1
1 cup oats
1 serv. peanuts

meal 2
2 chicken breast with bbq

meal 3
1 serv. peanuts

meal 4
6oz. steak

meal 5
6oz. steak

later ill drink another advanced protein shake with peanuts.

tomorrow i really hope i go train(i miss benching and doing arms:cry: )

big calvin
11-12-2001, 07:57 PM
today was great!!! although i didnt workout i did eat very clean and all from real food!!!

meal 1,3,5
6oz. steak
1 natural apple sauce

meal 2,4,6
8oz. chicken breast
1 natural apple sauce

totals around p:320g c:75g f:80g

big calvin
11-13-2001, 05:04 PM
THE BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
today was great!!! i mean it was like i wasnt even dieting!!!
i swicthed it to body for life type eating and man what a difference!! i felt so much better!!! my sugar was perfect, right where i wanted it. everything went great!

9:00am
1 myoplex in water

11:30am
wheat bread double roasted chicken breast from SUBWAY.

2:00pm
4-6oz. chicken breast(i wanted more but didnt order more)
1-1.5 cups corn

4:30pm
1 myoplex in water

7:00pm
steak

and later on ill have a protein shake(no-low carbs)

perfect day!!!!:) :) :)

MissAbs
11-13-2001, 07:54 PM
Keep at it... Big Sister is watching you....

I am proud of YOU! Make it a Hell Yeah Day....

big calvin
11-14-2001, 04:19 PM
thanks ABS. :)

well another great day!! im only gonna get in 5 meals today cause i woke up late(i really got to start up with melatonin again, im going to sleep way to late :( ) .

10:30am
myoplex in water

12:30pm
1 chicken breast(dame ladie gave me one only again!!! :mad: )
1.5 cups corn

3:00pm
2 slices multi grain bread
ham and 1 slice swiss cheese

6:00pm
6" double turkey wheat bread sub.

and later ill have a 6oz. steak.

HELL YEAH!!!

big calvin
11-15-2001, 04:13 PM
ok today was good again but i dont know if its a cheat or not...youll see....and im about 70% away from switching to low carbs again...i dont know im feeling like i should have just stayed with it.....

meal 1
wheat crakers and ham

meal 2
6" wheat double turkey sub

meal 3
6" wheat double turkey sub

meal 4
ribs and wings(hint hint...is this a cheat?...)

and ill drink a shake tonight...

i dont know what im doing tomorrow. i mean as long as im not cheating right? :)

reso
11-15-2001, 05:00 PM
CALVIN i can out eat u anytime !!!!!!!!!
BATTLE ME FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

good luck on the diet, once u feel good let me know when u wanna cheat so I CAN BATTLE U!!!!!!!!!

MissAbs
11-15-2001, 06:15 PM
Reso, bet my a** that when Hulk gets home from holiday you are outta here..

You can mess with me, BUT DO NOT mess with people I care about...

Move on... NOW

big calvin
11-15-2001, 07:02 PM
sorry miss abs, he was joking with me. on chat we were takin about he can out eat me in a buffet and stuff. sorry he didnt explain.

but still thank u for that miss abs i truly apreciate you for all you do for me, im truly touched what you have done. thanks you.

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-16-2001, 04:49 AM
Calvin, always look at the 'finish line', and think of my signature everytime you think of straying from your diet.

reso
11-16-2001, 06:51 AM
Once more, and you won't post here any more.

We got that you are joking with Big Cal. That's fine.

The rest was uncalled for.

have a very nice day.

Franco
11-16-2001, 07:10 AM
Calvin, the whole of Wbb are supporting you 100%. Have faith in yourself

big calvin
11-16-2001, 10:48 AM
thank you guys.

reso hey i wont put up with the your last post.

EDIT IT!

sorry for this miss abs.

big calvin
11-16-2001, 03:53 PM
great day again! i again didnt make 6 meals so far only 2. and about to eat now though.... maybe im getting a cold?

woke up late again(because i went to sleep late again)
11:30am
6" wheat double roasted chicken sub(subway)
2 cups water

2:00pm(boston market)
1 chicken breast with terriaki sauce
1.5 cups corn
2 cups water

im about to eat a steak now and later ill have a protein shake...

the odd thing is i was really hungry all day! now im hungry and waiting for my steak to be delevered. but i know my day was like less then 1000 caloires and for some reason im not hungry as much as i thought.....ohh and i stoped my diabetic meds. i dont think i need them...i havent takin one in about 2 days and my sugar is fine :)

MWB
11-17-2001, 04:29 AM
Cal do you think it's wise to stop your diabetic meds? Your doc perscribes them for a reason. I know you say you've been off for two days and feel fine but maybe they take two or more days to get out of your system. You've been doing so well latley, I think by stopping your meds is like throwing a monkey wrench into the works. If things have been going well, don't change, or talk to your doc before and see if he feels you still need the meds.

big calvin
11-17-2001, 11:53 AM
well the reason was cause when i do take my blood sugar goes way to low and i feel like faighting. its from the low calories so if i dont take it i feel better...my doctor wouldnt say anything in fact he would see it is a better thing.

but im writing early cause i have bad news. big time binge. it all started last night...i was looking for something to eat and found a cake.....well after eating the whole cake i was still hungry and eat ravioli....this morning was no better.... im gonna keep the carbs low for the rest of the day (Cause i have had my carbs for the day) and see how it goes.....

MWB
11-17-2001, 03:07 PM
Control man control. Just because a cake is there does not mean that it has to be eaten. Eating carbs can make you hungry. I know when I used to eat pasta I would eat a big bowl and 90 min later I would be hungry again. If you feel like you need food, have some meat or a protein shake or something.

big calvin
11-17-2001, 03:23 PM
yeah i know and i do have some control(or i would say F it and cheat all fay) but its just u know i tend to want to eat less and less and less now just so i can lose weight...i know its dumb but what can i say u know sh*t happens like that. i havent cheated since and all day has been steak so far :) thanks mwb.

reso
11-18-2001, 06:12 AM
Dont foget what you Promised Big C, you said by the time i am back in florida for summer,you gonna be lean and we gonna chill and look for girls and BATTLE

!!!!!!!!!!! U CAN DO IT SWOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH

big calvin
11-18-2001, 03:10 PM
well today was dame good!! almost perfect day if only i would have done some cardio. but still a dame good day!

meal 1
myoplex

meal 2
8oz. turkey
1.5 cups corn

meal 3
myoplex

meal 4
6oz. real turkey(not deli)
4 slices wheat bread.
2 slices cheese

in a little while im gonna have a steak and later on tonight ill have a protein shake.

do any of u think my cals are to low?(miss abs....) i think its around 2000 caloires. im not really hungry really but i still think i can be setting myself up for a binge.....

MissAbs
11-18-2001, 04:06 PM
Yes, I do think they are to low and you need to increase the clean proteins, and complex carbs.. More rice, and chicken please.

DO YOUR CARDIO...

big calvin
11-18-2001, 05:10 PM
lol. i knew u would tell me to do cardio.....:D

ok ill add some clean carbs and protien....

thanks.

big calvin
11-19-2001, 02:43 PM
HELL YEAH!!!!! I TRAINED!!!!!!!!

i woke up at 7am in the morning( with only 5 hours of sleep) and hit the gym! theres nothin like hitting squats on early on an empty stomach ;) no caffeine, no eca stacks, nothin! just me, my water bottle and the iron! it was great!!! somethings was in my blood! i just felt like rage! i had to squat today! man and after the workout i was just feeling so like....in power and not a bad rage but like enery type rage that i didnt want some stupid powder to drink , i wanted RED MEAT!! i had a dame good flank steak!

GREAT F****** DAY!!!!!!
:) :nod: :) :nod: :) :nod: :) :nod: :) :nod: :) :nod:

meal 1(post workout)
6-8 oz. flank steak(i hope thats ok deb.....)

meal 2
6oz. chicken
1.5 cups corn

meal 3
6" doubel roasted chicken wheat bread sub

meal 4
6" turkey wheat bread sub

later ill have a steak and at night a protein shake.

and this is what happened in the gym:

squats bar x 10, 95x5 , 135x3, 185x3, 185x3
standing leg curls 30x8, 40x6(its a crappy machine and has like rust)
db shrugs 65x10,70x8

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-19-2001, 05:09 PM
I fuckin love it when that happens man.

Good work.

big calvin
11-20-2001, 02:07 PM
GREAT DAY AGAIN!! miss abs is gonna love this.....15 min. cardio!!! i know its not alot but hey im lucky if i could do 5 ....my legs are so dame sore its unbeleavable! i didnt do the bike i walked because it was easier on my legs when there sore.....one thing is today was a low carb day. i dont know why i did it like this today just first 2 meals where low carbs so thought id go with it....went well and still is. i have about 2 more meals for the day and i think its going good....tomorrow is bench day so stay toned :)

meal 1
8-12oz. steak

meal 2
protein shake with peanuts

meal 3
1/2 roasted chicken

i have to go back to work so im gonna take a protein shake and peanuts again....later on at night ill have a steak.....

big calvin
11-21-2001, 05:47 PM
good day again. i again stuck to the lower carbs and did good, im doing good....

i went to sleep again late(4am) and work up late(10am). man i got to find something that works to get me sleeping...my legs are still very sore and i think my sleep isnt recovering them quicklly anuff....like ok i only got 6 hours of sleep last night and none was quailty sleep, i wake up every hour to toss & turn ot go to the bathroom.... mean while im starving cause i dont want to eat anything...if i do eat it would be deli turkey....

i didnt train today. felt weak and my day was messed up cause of the sleep thing....

meal 1
8-10oz. cooked ham

meal 2

meal 3
12-16oz. turkey

meal 4

and im gonna start cooking a steak.

MissAbs
11-21-2001, 08:39 PM
Real food, please... more carbs.. more veggies..ok just some veggies..

Shakin my head- you know I hate this!

big calvin
11-21-2001, 11:09 PM
i know but i must do it. i switched because i must view this as a addiction, i know im addicated to carbohydrates. theres no getting around it, im a carboholic. i have to take this day but day, no more planning diets and trying to stick to it. i must do this with ease. if i only have to watch my carbs and ill be ok. half the time i was doing low carbs in the begining i didnt WANT to. when i cheated it was more from the fact that i didnt know whats best then anything else.....u know me better then anyone else(including myself). i overanalyze everything! i second guess constanlly. the one thing i can get around is IF the diet works. and i know that no matter what atkins works. i just cant do something that i dont know if it works or not. its drives me crazy thinking if it wont work. and i know the only way to find out is to do it but right now as u know u need to go with what works for sure. i cant waste anymore time. i know u dont like me eating these foods(sasuages,bacon,wings,etc.) but wouldnt it be better to eat wings then to eat rice and chicken? for my condition. if even my doctor says to do. i may get my bad days but u know what im starting to find out i AM losing weight!!! even with the cheats, some sertain people are asking if im doing a diet or if i have gotten taller ....and u know even I am starting to feel better about myself. the way i look at myself in the mirror...im putting on colone to smell good, im getting my hair cut(and not just shaving it, im starting to want to dress better, even go out...i almost went to the movies yestarday at 8pm!!! thats rush hour in my book! im just gonna ask u to work with me and yet me prove to you that i CAN do this this way. if i cant then anything u say.

i hope u understand what im trying to do by doing this. its more then proving it to u and the rest of the people hear at WBB. its more of a like i want to do it for myself....so that i know if i can stick to this little carbs then i can stick to anything...

i know all u want for me to be successfull and i well.

i think this was a trick u taught me im not sure but what i did tonight was make 2 lists. on my first paper i wrote all the things i dont like about myself in physical and personaillty. and on the second list i wrote down things i like about myself(which i will include) . after i did this i burned the paper with the things i hate and i have the paper that things i like about myself. ...here it is:

1. i have a a large muscle struture.
2. i have a handsome face
3. im strong
4. i can gain muscle and strength witout to much hassle
5. i would do anything for my family
6. im trustworthy
7. im organized
8. im kind
9. im smart
10. i love giving gifts for no reason.
11. i can cook very well
12. im very realistic
13. im mature for my age.
14. i like to care for people and animals.

i know its sounds dumb or what not but its me.

PS.
i will try to add vegetables. mushrooms maybe, broccoli maybe. i was gonna add some apples but not sure if its ok.(to much carbs)

thanks you miss abs, i know your heart is with me.

big calvin
11-22-2001, 05:48 PM
cheated this morning. after that i contacted miss abs and we talked about what im gonna do. we have come up with something we both liked. i feel bad because after writing that long post i go and cheat. i told miss abs i wasnt gonna write on my journal anymore for a while , so i can lose some weight and come back...i just felt like everyone must think i have no control and im weak or something....she said to continue to write and explain in my journal what is happening...so im telling u the flat out truth. i cheated and hated myself for it. i didnt even last 1 meal. i also havent sleep sence tuesday night. i didnt even get in bed last night just up all night thinking about what i said and why i cheated gettinstressed out...spent most of the night online alot or playing video games or watching tv. i just couldnt go to sleep....im not sure what to do about that also. well thats the truth and i hope u guys understand what im going through. its not easy. and im trying my best. i know i cheat alot and i try not to but it just happens. i dont know why. it could have alot to do with my hormones and stuff but i think i can still do good....i just have to get my blood work done.

reso
11-22-2001, 05:56 PM
big calvin what is dieting? i fogot ? dam thanksgiving,get your ass on the chat :/ u got gamecube let me over and play it y0,u wanna buy RIMS white rims 17's racing rims or acura Seats y0 its gonna look like and pimped for racing man

big calvin
11-24-2001, 07:04 AM
well half the day was great and the other half was not. i even exercised in the morning but after like the 2nd meal a little tiny cheat, it wasnt even a cheat it was more like just it had more fat. that made the rest of the day worst....here is what happened...

woke up went to the gym(7:30am)

meal 1
myoplex lite
2 cups skim milk

meal 2
2 chicken sandhwiches

meal 3
tacos...then coke...

after a while coco puffs....then at night chicken wings....that before bed bologa sandwhiches with some milk.....

this is what i did in the gym...

i didnt do deadlifts cause my legs are still sore form squats so i just skipped it till next week.

front med. grip pulldowns 80x10,120x10,160x8,160x6
db curls 45x5,60x3

big calvin
11-24-2001, 04:22 PM
good day today. did my 15 min. of cardio on the bike.

bought some new proteins and MRP'S samples to try out..ill let u guys know how there are....

meal 1
myoplex lite
2 cups skim milk

meal 2
8oz. turkey
1 cup baked beans

meal 3
myoplex lite
2 cups skim milk

meal 4
8oz. chicken breast
1.5 cups corn

i just blended:
myoplex lite
2 cups skim milk

and later ill have a steak.

pretty good day today :)

big calvin
11-25-2001, 06:19 PM
good day again! i havent used any of the new MRP's or protien powder but im gonna use some tomorrow... also tomorrows squat day and im hoping to hit 2 plates a side for some reps....

meal 1
myoplex lite
2 cups skim milk

meal 2
8oz. chicken breast
1.5 cups corn

meal 3
myoplex lite
2 cups skim milk

meal 4
6oz. turkey
4 slices wheat bread

meal 5
myoplex lite
2 cups skim milk

later ill have a 6oz. steak....

Joe Black
11-25-2001, 06:21 PM
keep it up calvin!!!!!!!

big calvin
11-26-2001, 05:00 PM
thanks hulk.

good day again. trained this morning, i didnt feel very good(low energy) but i stock with it. and im glad , hit 225!! but i think my neck got F'ed up cause on 185 i put the bar to high then on 225 i put the bar really low...i dont know my neck feels weird when i move it down...i guess i walk it off :)

tried lean body low carb shake. it was mango flavor. it was good as first but at the end again it was a bit much(maybe its just me???)

meal 1
lean body low carb MRP
2 cups skim milk

meal 2
8oz. chicken breast
1.5 cups corn

meal 3
myoplex in water

meal 4
6oz. turkey
4 slices wheat bread

meal 5
im cooking a steak right now.

and later ill have a protein drink.

training:

squats
bar x 10
75 x 5
105 x 3
135 x 3
185 x 3
225 x 3

db shrugs(no straps)
60 x 10
80 x 10

Reinier
11-27-2001, 09:23 AM
you really should try hard and find a way to know your weight.
if you cant why dont you measure your waist now and then to see how thats changed.

Reinier
11-27-2001, 09:24 AM
btw how did you know you weighed 420 when you started this journal?

big calvin
11-27-2001, 10:44 AM
my doctor has a scale that goes up to 500lbs.

big calvin
11-27-2001, 05:35 PM
great day! low carb day. pretty good. no craving yet, no hunger.

meal 1
8oz. steak cooked in olive oil

meal 2
3 scoops whey protein(3 was to much)
2 serv. peanuts

meal 3
12 chicken wings

meal 4
2 scoops whey protein
2 serv. peanuts

and at about 9:00 ill have a steak.

no supplements yet.

i may add some berries somewhere.

Celestial
11-27-2001, 05:40 PM
Hey Cal, What are your current stats now? GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!;)

big calvin
11-27-2001, 05:45 PM
i have no idea. i have to go see the doc , so when i go i can weigh myself. but my goal jan. is to weigh 400. i think if i do my cardio and train and stick to no cheating then i can do it.

Celestial
11-27-2001, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by big calvin
i have no idea. i have to go see the doc , so when i go i can weigh myself. but my goal jan. is to weigh 400. i think if i do my cardio and train and stick to no cheating then i can do it. Your damn straight you can!!!! If I can you can:D Good job!!! Keep up all the good work!!!!!:)

big calvin
11-27-2001, 06:48 PM
:nod:

big calvin
11-28-2001, 04:06 PM
great day! everything went great! BENCH dau today :) did pretty good for my first day back on chest.

----
i know my days look one day low carb , one high mod. eating, one day low...etc. but the truth is each day i change my mind and switch. im not cheating so thats good. but i really got to stick to ONE and see what works. i just dont know which. and u guys know from my journal i think about it alot.
---

meal 1
myoplex in water

meal 2
6oz. turkey
4 slices wheat bread

meal 3
myoplex in water

meal 4
8oz. chicken
1.5 cups corn

ill have a steak in about 1.5 hours. and then at night ill have a protein shake.

training:
bench press
bar x 10
75 x 10
105 x 5
135 x 3
165 x 3
195 x 3

machine close bench press
180 x 10
220 x 10
280 x 10

front & side laterals supersetted.
15 x 10
15 x 8

-------------------------
i started to think about diets again and which i can lose weight(the most)?. which is easiest for me right now? which can control my blood sugar? well im comparing atkins to like body for life moderate eating type. so i remember when i first started with miss abs i did a diet like moderation. and the first month i lost 20 pounds with no training and no cardio and no eca stacks. and it taught me alot....now before that when i did atkins(before i met miss abs) i lost again around 20lbs the first month. with training(5 days per week) and no cardio(can u tell i dont like cardio?:D)....ok so if both diets produce about the same about of results then on to the next question....which is easiet? well atkins is easy cause all i have to worry about is carbs. and i can eat alot of food and still lose weight...on the other hand moderation is also very easy cause i can eat things like sandwhiches and MRP with ease(easy to make and carry). i get more carb cravings with atkins but would that end after a couple weeks? im not craving anything right now in moderation. hmmm....ill give a point to moderation....next question.well it control my blood sugar? well i know when im on atkins my sugar is fine. now when im on moderation i thought my sugar would be high and i would HAVE to take my diabetic pills. but sence my meals are so small i dont even take my pills anymore. and my sugar stays the same. so they are = in that question to. so moderation still has 1 point above atkins. now what i think is sence im training now(regularlly) and some cardio every now and then. i should lose a little more weight then atkins with alot of training. correct? so i think ill try moderation for while(i hope i dont change my mind on this). ohh and when i say moderation(ie today) my totals are still low carbs just not zero.) today was ....300g carbs.160g carbs.50g fat. my caloires are still a little low and i dont know where to add some carbs and protein...but ill find somewhere to put some.
-----------------

ericg
11-29-2001, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by big calvin
....300g carbs.160g carbs.50g fat. my caloires are still a little low and i dont know where to add some carbs and protein...but ill find somewhere to put some.
-----------------

I think u got a typo. I think you meant to type 300g protein (instead of carbs).

On another note. Miss Abs is great. She helped me out a while back and the results (when I stuck to the plan) were great. Just remember, if ya stick with it the fat will fly off!! Just gotta have some determination and patience. Good luck

big calvin
11-29-2001, 10:59 AM
yeah sorry about that i meant protein.....yeah miss abs has put up with alot from me. ;) but i just have to learn to listen to her more :D

MWB
11-29-2001, 03:24 PM
Listen to MissAbs. Sometimes she will tell you to make changes in your diet that you don't agree with but she always ends up being right.

big calvin
11-29-2001, 09:08 PM
sorry so late.(went to a strip club!!!!:D:D :D ...first time really.)

ok great day again. tomorrows deadlifts :angel:

mwb: yeah see is always right, and im gonna listen to her from now on....by the way abs, tomorrow im shipping the money order :) sorry for being late.

anways....here is how today went:

meal 1
myoplex in water

meal 2
2 wheat bread low fat ham sandwhiches

meal 3
6oz. chicken
1.5 cup corn

meal 4
myoplex in water

meal 5
8oz. steak. yum yum :)

and im about to have a protein shake with some meletonin.

night night :p

big calvin
11-30-2001, 03:18 PM
great day again! did deadlifts! OMG! i have never gone this heavy. im about = with all 3 lifts right now but we'll see which lift grows the most and which is my problem area....

pre-workout meal:
2 cups skim milk

post workout:
myoplex in water
1 banana

meal 1
2 chicken sandwhiches
diet coke

meal 2
2 low fat ham sandwhiches on wheat

in a while ill have my steak and at night ill drink my protein shake.

training:

sumo deadlifts
bar x 10
75 x 10
105 x 5
135 x 5
165 x 3
195 x 3(man this was hard!!!!)

med. grip pulldowns
120 x 10
150 x 8
180 x 6

db curls
45 x 6
65 x 3(2.5 on my left)

Reinier
11-30-2001, 03:52 PM
your doing great.
just what is myoplex?

big calvin
11-30-2001, 05:11 PM
its a meal replacement podwer....here is a link. myoplex (http://www.eas.com/products/productDesc.asp?productLineID=17)

Reinier
12-01-2001, 02:47 AM
thx.

big calvin
12-01-2001, 06:38 PM
well i was counting how many days i have been good and its my 7th day so i had a little treat day :angel: you'll see....

no cardio today, legs to sore from deadlifts. but i promise ABS, tomorrow morning cardio!

woke up late....

meal 1
fried chicken(can u tell i wanted it???:D )

back to business!

meal 2
2 scoops whey protein banana flavor
1 banana

meal 3
8oz. chicken breast
1.5 cup corn

meal 4
2 scoops whey protein
1/2 cup oats

and im about to have a steak now. i think that'll be it for today.

the banana with protien tasted way better then with oats but i think ill try both...like banana during the mornings and oats during mid day. thanks for the advice doc, tryska and beefy boy.

MissAbs
12-01-2001, 06:46 PM
Ohhh great, and I have been holding my breath for 7 days...

Thank Goodness, you are good... HELL YEAH my friend..

big calvin
12-01-2001, 09:02 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :)

thank you.

big calvin
12-02-2001, 07:28 PM
good day again. did my 15 min. of cardio! ;)

im on my way baby!!!:D

i guess today i got a little carried away with the bananas :p

meal 1
2 scoops protein
2 bananas

meal 2
2 chicken breast,1.5 cups corn

meal 3
2 scoops protein
2 bananas

meal 4
6oz turkey
4 slices wheat bread

meal 5
2 scoops protein
2 bananas

meal 6(just finished)
8oz. steak.

tomorrows squat day!! im a little sore but i should be good tomorrow.

Reinier
12-03-2001, 06:03 AM
once again, your doing great?
but why all the bananas?
I dont know too much about nutrition but they arent that usefull 4 a day are they?

big calvin
12-03-2001, 08:32 AM
yeah i know, i got carried a way :angel: but today im only gonna have 1 ....and maybe an apple in my other shake....

Reinier
12-03-2001, 09:53 AM
kool. I use bananas to make my soy shakes taste more erhm, edible.
I got about 750 grams of that **** to finish.
Ill spread that over some time though im **** scared of soy after all those soy gyno-horror threads on here.

big calvin
12-03-2001, 09:54 PM
great day. the only thing is i didnt train, it was a really busy day and to top it off i woke up late.... im thinking about doing it tomorrow and then wed. do bench day...not sure..but i might....

today im including the caloires,proteins,carbs,fats to show u where today and i guess my days are gonna look like.

meal 1
3 scoops protien
1 bananas
p:66g c:28g f:5g

meal 2
12oz. chicken breasts
2 apples
p:75g c:44g f:11g

meal 3
3 scoops protien
1 bananas
p:66g c:28g f:5g

meal 4
10oz turkey
4 slices wheat bread
p:70g c:40g f:12g

meal 5
8oz. steak
p:72g c:0g f:27g

meal 6
2 scoops pro complex
2 tbsp peanut butter
p:60g c:11g f:19g

total p:409g c:151g f:79g 2951

man that natty peanut butter was soooooo gooooooood!!!!!! almost felt like a cheat!:D

big calvin
12-04-2001, 07:51 PM
not good today, cheated bad. all day was a big binge. im not sure how it started....from just meal 1 it was all over.

ericg
12-05-2001, 08:40 AM
Its over with now man.....just get back on track and make up for it in the weight room!! You must focus (sounds like that karate kid movie)

big calvin
12-05-2001, 04:42 PM
great day! i didnt do my normal diet...a little more meat and less carbs. i think ill keep it like this for a little while....tomorrow i want to try some vegetables(peas,broccoli,mushrooms).

meal 1
12oz. steak
1/2 apple

meal 2
4 scoops protein powder

meal 3
16oz. turkey
1/2 apple

meal 4
4 scoops protein powder

and at 9:00pm ill have a steak with 1/2 an apple.

big calvin
12-06-2001, 05:24 PM
great day today. tomorrows deadlifts. gonna take meletonin at 10pm tonight to see if it helpd me go to sleep earlier.any one know anything better for sleeping? for the past couple days i have only slept about 4hours on average.

meal 1
3 scoops protein
1 banana

meal 2
2 chicken breast
1.5 cups corn

meal 3
3 scoops protein
1 banana

meal 4
6oz. turkey
4 slices wheat bread

meal 5
8oz. steak

later on ill have a protein shake with peanuts.

i have to up my cals. to low.

big calvin
12-07-2001, 05:34 PM
good day again...no training :( but i did sleep 10 hours!!! :eek: thats the most ive slept in i dont know how long! felt good. im gonna try and do it again tonight..the reason i think is i noramlly take 6mg o melatonin like at...11pm or 1am but im still online...so i feel like i have to stay on or i get to into what im reading or writing...anyways what i did last night was take melatonin 3mg at 9:30pm and turn off my comp at 10pm and get ready to sleep...watch tv untill i go to sleep and make sure its something funny and not thrilling!....

anyways here is what happend today.

meal 1
pro MR (the dorian yates brand...tasted pretty good)
1 banana

meal 2
8oz. chicken breast
1.5 cup corn

meal 3
pro MR
1 banana

meal 4
6oz. turkey
4 slices wheat bread

meal 5
8oz. steak

and later on ill drink a protein shake.

big calvin
12-08-2001, 06:41 PM
very bad day. i didnt really cheat, i just didnt eat. all day i felt like depressed or something :( . i dont know i woke up in a down mood, did eat till like 1pm(i woke up at 9am) and even when i did eat it was only some crakers and some ham....nothing really much the rest of the day...some skim milk...im still not hungry. i dont know maybe i should sleep it off or something. i hope i feel better tomorrow.

big calvin
12-08-2001, 09:30 PM
OMG!!! im feeling much better!!!! i found this site with a guy who is doing body for life , we weighed 425lbs(just like me!!!) and is now i think 190lbs!!!!!! OMG!!!!! i cant tell you guys how much hope i have!!! i never really had hope..i know its sad to say that but its the truth. but for the first time i think this is gonna work. i can do this. its a fact that i can lose weight! hes proof! please check this site out! it would mean alot to me!

site (http://www.angelfire.com/nh/nh3y/)

Scooby-Doo
12-08-2001, 09:51 PM
You could do it all along Big Cal! But now that your motivated again get to it! If you start to feel down just think to yourself "I can do it, I can make my goals!" That guy is proof that it can be done. If he can so can you!! :)

Reinier
12-09-2001, 03:06 AM
of course you can do it. youve proven in all along by going on a diet and working out well.

your gonna be just as slim as you want to be, maybe after youll even find yourself trying to gain mass.

big calvin
12-09-2001, 06:41 PM
thanks scoopy,reinier.

good day today! all was good. tomorrow is squat day and i cant miss it, i had like 3 weeks of squating and 1 week missed. i cant miss this next one.....

meal 1-pro-MR shake in water
meal 2-chicken with corn
meal 3-pro-MR shake in water
meal 4-turkey wheat bread sandwhich
meal 5-8oz. steak
later on ill have another shake.

Franco
12-10-2001, 06:39 AM
Checked the site:)

Continue with a positive mental attitude and the rest will fall into place.

Are you still training Westside, C?

Tryska
12-10-2001, 06:43 AM
hey...i know neville...vaguely, from another site....haven't seen him in a good while though. he is truly an inspirational guy.

big calvin
12-10-2001, 06:21 PM
thanks fangel,tryska. yeah well i gonna add in the DE days but now im just doing ME days.

yeah tryska he is. im talk to him a couple times. hes a good guy.

today was good again but no training...busy today with work and getting ready for school...

meal 1
myoplex

meal 2
2 chicken breast
1.5 cups corn

meal 3
myoplex

meal 4
6oz. turkey
4 slices wheat bread

meal 5
myoplex

later ill have a steak.

big calvin
12-12-2001, 04:26 PM
bad day yestarday...good day today! i did low carbs today. very. i know i cheat alot with it but im cheating also with moderation so i figured id try it again...

meal 1
cooked ham slices

meal 2
3 chicken drums

meal 3
chicken wings

meal 4
3 chicken drums

and later ill have a steak.

big calvin
12-18-2001, 06:06 PM
back again....had some bad days but im back on.

today was great. very lean day.

meal 1
1 cup oats
2 scoops protien powder

meal 2
3 chicken breast with some bbq

meal 3
3 scoops protein powder
2 tbsp flax oil( yuk!)

meal 4
8oz. steak with soy sauce

and in about 1 hour ill drink another protein shake....3 scoops proein with 2 tbsp flax...i dont mix the flax in cause it would make the shake bad. so i just drink it and follow it with the shake...it seems to work well...