PDA

View Full Version : Diet Blow out!

xxr79xx
03-30-2004, 07:07 AM
Well I only lasted a week on the diet I told you all about LOL I last a total of 6lbs of fat no muscle that I can tell, and I even got a little strong in my work outs. I am going to a steady diet now of 50g of Protein 40g of Fat 20g starch 10g fiber. You win some you lose some LOL boy I so enjoy eating!! :burger:

Jasonl
03-30-2004, 07:29 AM
Wait, is that all you eat in an entire day????? IF that is the case, I would waste away to nothing!

geoffgarcia
03-30-2004, 08:16 AM
how does the saying go?
outta the frying pan and into the fire? *LOL*

good luck!
why didn't you last longer on the other diet? feeling sick? or just couldn't stay committed?
and how do you know you only lost fat and not muscle?

xxr79xx
03-30-2004, 08:28 AM
lol yeah I know, I know I only lost fat for a few reason 1 I look better, 2 bf% went down 3 got stronger not weaker! I didn't last because taking all those pills with no food was killing my stomach. Now that I can take the pills with tuna I feel like a Million bucks!!

xxr79xx
03-30-2004, 08:28 AM
Wait, is that all you eat in an entire day????? IF that is the case, I would waste away to nothing!

yeah that was it...

raniali
03-30-2004, 11:07 AM
may i ask -- what in the world are you trying to do to yourself????

xxr79xx
03-30-2004, 01:47 PM
LOL you only live once and I must say I have a whole new respect for health whole food like you wouldn't believe!

CraigVA286
03-30-2004, 02:36 PM
Thats not much man, you should get at least 50g of fat, 100g of carbs and 150g of protein, at least..

Remember, your body NEEDS a good supply of fat carbs and protein, to burn off fat!

Saint Patrick
03-30-2004, 02:43 PM
I am going to a steady diet now of 50g of Protein 40g of Fat 20g starch 10g fiber. You win some you lose some LOL boy I so enjoy eating!! :burger:

That's a great diet plan..............

For a 12 year old girl.

Seriously man you need more cals than that.

geoffgarcia
03-30-2004, 02:46 PM
actually at around 680 calories thats considered a VLCD and has proven to be effective in short term weight loss for people with high body fat.

If xxr79 has a bf>25% the benefits both physical and psychological from losing a chunk of weight might outweigh the short term side effects.
Granted the argument can also be posted that it could be psychologically detrminetal to do such a diet as it could lead the person to believe that the VLCD is actually effective and might lead them to continue it for more than a few weeks, in which time the negative aspects will overcome the positives, and weight loss actually slows to a crawl as the metabolism catches up (or I should say, slows down!)

also when you come off such a diet your metabolism will be slowed significantly, so you'll have to increase your calories very gradually over a couple weeks or you'll just pack on every pound that you just lost.