PDA

View Full Version : How does my Keto diet look?

Bizzak
03-30-2004, 01:57 PM
Caesar dressing 2 tablespoon
Egg, whole, raw 4 jumbo
Chicken breast
Olive oil 1 tablespoon
Tuna, canned, water pack 1 can (6.5 oz), drained
Walnuts 0.25 cup, chopped
Frankfurter, beef 1 frankfurter
Ground beef, regular, cooked 1 large patty
Lettuce, raw 0.33 large head
Mayonnaise, regular 1 tablespoon
natural pb 2 serving
Almonds, NFS 0.33 cup
green beans 1 serving

gm cal %
Total: 2692
Fat: 189 1699 64%
Sat: 35 314 12%
Poly: 44 397 15%
Mono: 64 578 22%
Carbs: 51 158 6%
Protein: 199 797 30%

Ive been lifting 2+ years im 5'11" 248 20% bf, this is my first attempt at using keto to cut, gonna try a TKD lifting twice a week and consuming 50g dextrose and 50g protein post-workout. How does this look? Only thing im thinking is calories might be a little low but so far im into week 2 and doing pretty good.

EdgarMex
03-30-2004, 02:11 PM
I would lower fats a bit and increas protein to 250g. Other than that it looks good to me. Are you counting the shakes as part of your daily calories?

Bizzak
03-30-2004, 02:18 PM
Yup counting shake, just didnt put it in the list since I only have them post-workout.

EdgarMex
03-30-2004, 02:21 PM
cool, with luck with it, it worked well for me last summer

raniali
03-30-2004, 02:24 PM
i don't think it looks too bad actually.
the only thing i suggest is adding an essential fat source (fish oil or flax) and NOT eating your eggs raw.

also - you MUST have a supplemental fiber source added. you will things get rather difficult otherwise. make sure you are drinking a ton of water and supplementing with your water-soluble vitamins as well.

what about your refeed?

Bizzak
03-30-2004, 04:13 PM
i don't think it looks too bad actually.
the only thing i suggest is adding an essential fat source (fish oil or flax) and NOT eating your eggs raw.

Yeah forgot to add I supplement with flax oil caps and I dont eat raw eggs, just copied that from my fitday journal, they are usually hard boiled or fried in olive oil.

also - you MUST have a supplemental fiber source added. you will things get rather difficult otherwise. make sure you are drinking a ton of water and supplementing with your water-soluble vitamins as well.

what about your refeed?

I get fiber from the beans,lettuce,nuts and peanut butter. So far I havent had any problems in that area. Water consumption is about 2 gallons a day and I take a good multivitamin. So far I havent planned any refeeds, do you think ill need them on a TKD?

Shark
03-30-2004, 04:36 PM
You haven't had any problems so far but I would suggest getting a fiber supplement now and using it so that you make sure you don't have any problems in the futue. If you need help visualising what its like imagine not taking a dump for three days... yeah, it can easily get that bad. You'll thank us later.