PDA

View Full Version : how is my diet

kr632
03-30-2004, 02:48 PM
my diet

breakfast: bowl of total or cinnamon toast crunch(best cereal ever)
snack: carrots or tuna
lunch: turkey sandwich,tuna, grapes, juice
snack: tuna
dinner: (one of these)pasta/chicken/pork/beef and a protien shake(2 or more on work out days.

i am 6 foot, weigh 195-200 at about 13-15% bf(guess) i want to drop my BF to below 10 but not lose much muscle.
is this a good diet, if not what should i do

Jonno
03-30-2004, 02:56 PM
cinnamon toast crunch has alot of sugar.. not really what you want if your cutting..
try to get the sandwich on 100%wheat bread if your not already doing so
and try to replace the juice with water

kr632
03-30-2004, 03:07 PM
i got the wheat bread already and i drink alot of water but some juice and milk

Saint Patrick
03-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Get some protein w/ your first meal.

WaterWalker
03-31-2004, 06:07 AM
Totally lacking in EFA's. Snack is tuna or carrots? Carrots don't have any protien. How about both?

PiKappaWRX
03-31-2004, 11:00 AM
where's the fat? throw in a some almonds or walnuts as a snack, or even sunflower seeds. maybe fish that are high in omega 3's and 6's for dinner like salmon, mackerel, herring or tuna. flaxseed oil pills, cla, or ala might help you out also. flaxseed would be the best, as you need a lot of cla (upwards of 10g) a day to see anything happen, and i haven't heard a whole lot on positive results from taking ala. but you gotta get the EFA's in somehow. and when i mean fat, keep it clean! but you already knew that...

raniali
03-31-2004, 11:48 AM
flaxseed oil pills, cla, or ala might help you out also. flaxseed would be the best, as you need a lot of cla (upwards of 10g) a day to see anything happen, and i haven't heard a whole lot on positive results from taking ala. but you gotta get the EFA's in somehow.

ala is NOT a fat source. cla should not be used as a fat source.
fish oil is a better source for essential fats than flaxseed but either one is necessary in your diet.

Ebu
03-31-2004, 12:21 PM
And with the carrots OR tuna thing. The nutritional content of those two foods is really different. Just have some of both. Cinnamon toast crunch is LOADED with sugar too, but if you have to have it, your eating it at the best time, in the morning.

kr632
03-31-2004, 02:09 PM
the cinnamon toast crunch is gone.and now i will eat a turkey sandwich and carrots(i love carrots) and either a turkey sandwich ot a grilled chicken salad for lunch

what is ala and cla?

PiKappaWRX
03-31-2004, 02:44 PM
Alpha Lipoic Acid and Conjugated Linoleic Acid. CLA is said to help decrease body fat and increase lean muslce mass. ALA is said to aid vitamins in their anti-oxidant activities, so it serves as a metabolic anti-oxidant. Don't really worry about 'em. raniali is right, i just didn't specify, u gotta get ur EFA's mainly from food.