PDA

View Full Version : Weight Gainer

AzBboy
03-30-2004, 08:42 PM
Hi. Can somone plz help me understand weight gainer? im an ecto, 5'9 150. I am about 4 pounds away from being underweight, which is ok cus i started at 130 which was underweight by like 16 lbs for my height. Anyways my question is, i been thinking about weight gainer but i hav stayed away due to skepticism...i have ate high calorie meals and gotten bigger stomach and not bigger muscles. Due to not improving physically for months on end as us ectos seem to always do, i figure i give the stuff a go what the hell. any ectos wanna give some friendly advice that have tried the stuff? share your experiences with weight gainer to a fellow frustrated trainee. help make this ecto put on some weight! thanx alot guys

Shao-LiN
03-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Protein + little fat + lots of carbs...all it is. It's a source of extra calories for people who find it hard to pack in extra food throughout the day.

If you were eating higher calorie meals throughout the day and not making any improvements in terms of muscle, but you were packing on the fat, then I'd say your training methods may need improvement.

HemiVision
03-31-2004, 09:19 AM
If you were eating higher calorie meals throughout the day and not making any improvements in terms of muscle, but you were packing on the fat, then I'd say your training methods may need improvement.

Either that or it was the wrong macronutrient balance (maybe too much fat, not enough protein).