PDA

View Full Version : New Thermocin!!!!

chris mason
03-31-2004, 11:13 AM
Dan and I have finalized the new formula and we should have the product to market within a month.

We placed a great deal of thought and research into this new formulation. We wanted to make sure we had a product that is as good or better than the original. Accordingly, we rehashed what made the original so good. When we designed the original, we did so realizing that ephedra might be banned at any time, thus we wanted to make sure the formulation really didn't rely on ephedra or its alkaloids. The original formulation contained less than 2mg of ephedrine per serving. This is obviously not a sufficient dose to have an ergogenic effect. In our research, we found that synephrine was a solid replacement for ephedra in the ECA stack. This resulted in our unique SCA stack (synephrine, caffeine, and aspirin). The SCA stack was the backbone of the original Thermocin's effectiveness. It was also the reason that people received the positive benefits of fat loss and extra energy without the concurrent jitters they would feel when taking ephedra based products. It was a smoother blend. Of course, there were other ingredients like HCA which complemented the stack.

So, as you can see, removing the ephedrine (less than 2mg per serving) really would not reduce the effectiveness of Thermocin, but that wasn't enough for us. We didn't want to just stand pat, we wanted more... So, we replaced the removed ephedrine with synephrine and looked for any other ingredients which might make our product better. After a great deal of research, we decided the only truly solid fat loss ingredient we were missing was EGCG, or green tea extract. Gree tea has been proven in numerous studies to have thermogenic properties, increase fat oxidation, or both (to a degree greater than the caffeine content alone could explain). We decided to include it anD make a great product even better.

If you liked the old Thermocin, then you will LOVE the new Thermocin. If you never tried Thermocin and you want the best fat burner on the market, buy the new product when it becomes available.

Jasonl
03-31-2004, 12:45 PM
Ok Chris, is that a 29, 30, or 31-day month? My Thermocin is getting low and I'm looking forward to trying the new one. I have had very good results without side-effects while on the old formula.

chris mason
03-31-2004, 01:45 PM
Well, we cannot say for sure, it depends on the suppliers. I think a month or less is a reasonable guess.

Jasonl
03-31-2004, 01:59 PM
Well, we cannot say for sure, it depends on the suppliers. I think a month or less is a reasonable guess.
I know, I was just messing around.:D I'm just anxious to try the new stuff out.

AllUp
03-31-2004, 02:23 PM
Rofl. Same here.

DoUgL@S
03-31-2004, 05:42 PM
Very much looking forward to the new formulation. I wish I'd have known you guys were going to have a new thermocin so soon. I bought some vasopro. DOH!

Joe Black
04-20-2004, 01:22 AM
We've released more information on our new formula here (http://www.atlargenutrition.com/newsdesk_info.php/newsdesk_id/19)

vasu
04-20-2004, 02:24 AM
Can I get some more information about the new Thermocin? If I understand what it is, is it synephrine, caffeine, aspirin, and green tea extract?

Can you tell me what quanities of each are in each serving? I wanna start getting myself ready for the new thermocin! :)

-vasu

chris mason
04-20-2004, 05:53 AM
3 capsules= 1 serving

maximum of 6 capsules in 1 day

per serving:

12mg of synephrine
215mg of caffeine
750mg of green tea extract (90mg EGCG)
15mg of salicin

plus HCA and DMAE

DoUgL@S
04-20-2004, 12:29 PM
The old thermocin had a 1 month supply (120 capsules) is it a safe assumption that the new one will also have a 1 month supply (180 capsules)?

vasu
04-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Thanks Chris, i'm excited for this product. Is it still okay to drink caffeine containing drinks and green teawhile on this? I usually drink a couple diet cokes and coffee during the day, so i'll be around 600mg of caffeine in a day with thermocin included. And with green tea, I drink decaf green tea that has a lot of egcg in it as well, so instead of getting 180mg of egcg a day from thermocin, i'll probably get closer to 600mg of egcg (estimated). Do i need to worry about my heart exploding with this? :)

Also, what's salicin, is this a form of aspirin, or is it something else? If not, where'd the aspirin go? Also, I've read that closer to 50mg of synephrine a day is good for weight loss ... is this just overkill, or is less needed when stacked?

Lastly, how much HCA and DMAE are there? I take about 250-450mg of DMAE in bitarate form (from gnc), for helping my mind perk up in the morning and get me through classes. But I've only read of it being a brain stimulant, never for weight loss, that's really interesting.

-vasu

3 capsules= 1 serving

maximum of 6 capsules in 1 day

per serving:

12mg of synephrine
215mg of caffeine
750mg of green tea extract (90mg EGCG)
15mg of salicin

plus HCA and DMAE

chris mason
04-20-2004, 06:08 PM
So many questions...

Ok, the idea behind DMAE is not that it will cause a loss of fat in and of itself, the idea is that it helps to control food cravings.

There are 50mg of HCA per serving.

I think 600mg of caffeine a day is too much. I would not recommend you consume that much.

With regards to the synephrine, our research (and empirical evidence from our users) shows that 12 mg per serving is an ample amount to do the fat loss trick.

Now, as to the EGCG, if I recall correctly, 270 mg per day of EGCG should be fine. I am not aware of increased doses having any greater positive benefit, nor am I aware if higher doses may somehow be detrimental to health. Again, I always like to err on the side of caution. I think if you take our product that you should not take any extra green tea extract.

vasu
04-20-2004, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the info chris, I guess i'll cut back to caffeiene free diet drinks. But what about coffee? An 8 ounce cup of brew has around 130mg of caffeine, and my mug is 14 ounces, that's 227mg! Thermocinx6 will have 415mg right? Will the termocin still be effective if I'm taking less of it? I mean, I wanna burn fat and all, but no coffee and tea is sad :(

That's really interesting about DMAE and cravings, i was wondering where my cravings went. How low should I try to keep my caffeine intake to? I know there's no rda for that... i'm 210 pounds if that makes any difference.

also would there be any benefit to adding aspirin to this?

-vasu

Jasonl
04-20-2004, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the info chris, I guess i'll cut back to caffeiene free diet drinks. But what about coffee? An 8 ounce cup of brew has around 130mg of caffeine, and my mug is 14 ounces, that's 227mg! Thermocinx6 will have 415mg right? Will the termocin still be effective if I'm taking less of it? I mean, I wanna burn fat and all, but no coffee and tea is sad :(

That's really interesting about DMAE and cravings, i was wondering where my cravings went. How low should I try to keep my caffeine intake to? I know there's no rda for that... i'm 210 pounds if that makes any difference.

-vasu
Do you drink coffee and tea just for the caffeine, or for the taste? With the caffeine in Thermocin I wouldn't think you would need anymore to help keep you awake. If its just for taste, why not switch to decaff??

vasu
04-20-2004, 09:21 PM
for taste ... decaf coffee sucks. it is possible to get a top quality decaf (to make decaf you have to use *the* best beans available), but hard to find since post people want decaf to cost the same as normal coffee, so a lot of producers either make crappy decaf made from cheap beans, or retailers don't carry the good stuff since fewer people buy it.

-vasu

chris mason
04-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Excess of anything is bad. I really would recommend you go with caffeine free beverages when using the product.

chris mason
04-21-2004, 05:58 PM

-vasu

No, salicin is a natural form of aspirin.

PiKappaWRX
04-22-2004, 09:07 AM
i just read the article about the new thermocin coming in may, and chris, just thought i'd let u kno i think there is a typo. it was written that there used to be 2g of ephedrine in the old thermocin, i think its supposed to be 2mg. just thought i'd let u kno, and i can't wait to see how that new thermocin works btw.

chris mason
04-25-2004, 11:45 AM
i just read the article about the new thermocin coming in may, and chris, just thought i'd let u kno i think there is a typo. it was written that there used to be 2g of ephedrine in the old thermocin, i think its supposed to be 2mg. just thought i'd let u kno, and i can't wait to see how that new thermocin works btw.

Lol, you are right! Good catch! If we had 2g in the old product I think we would have killed off most of our customers! It should read 2mg. I will have Dan fix that ASAP.

Thanks again!

Joe Black
04-25-2004, 04:07 PM
fixed :)

DavidyourDuke
05-18-2004, 04:54 PM
Anyone have any idea if the stuff is coming out next week or anything? I wanna start a MASSIVE bulk, so I wanna cutt o like approx. 10% bf

chris mason
05-18-2004, 05:46 PM
We are looking at a week or two, tops!

vasu
06-01-2004, 04:01 PM

:hello: :study: :whiner:

sorry, classes are over and i'm bored

Lance
06-05-2004, 01:03 PM

You said 2 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago, lol.

I'm in need of protein and creatine, but i'm waiting for the fat burner to come out so i can buy it all at once. I'm allready cutting right now, but i'm sure the fat burner would help that. What's the word?

chris mason
06-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Good news, it is being shipped to our warehouse as we speak and we should have it in stock on either Monday or Tuesday.

HobbesAB
06-05-2004, 03:54 PM
When will the ALN website be updated?

chris mason
06-05-2004, 07:34 PM
More or less as soon as the stock hits the warehouse. We don't want people ordering prior to use having the stuff ready to go. We like to ship ASAP as you all know!

Lance
06-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Thanks Chris, i'm very excited. As a matter of fact, i'm going to take new pictures of myself in a couple weeks, and since my last pictures, i've only been using Atlarge products. Can't beat the economical cost and great overall quality.

Nice to see a company stick to the basics. Good protein blend, good creatine, and a fat burner. Keep it real!

Now i just have to have someone in my family spot me the money b/c i'm broke right now! Ahh! Lol.

chris mason
06-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the kind words Lance!

Alke
06-08-2004, 06:41 PM
I am almost (about a week+ left) out of my last order of thermican, so I am waiting also :)

chris mason
06-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Wait no longer! We have it in stock! Dan will update the site tomorrow and you can place your orders.

If you can't wait you can call me on my cell phone at (434)882-1291 and place an order over the phone. The price will be $23.95 for 180 capsules (a 30 day supply at the full dose of 6 capsules per day) plus shipping of $5.95 in the U.S.

British Pimp
06-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Wait no longer! We have it in stock! Dan will update the site tomorrow and you can place your orders.

If you can't wait you can call me on my cell phone at (434)882-1291 and place an order over the phone. The price will be $23.95 for 180 capsules (a 30 day supply at the full dose of 6 capsules per day) plus shipping of $5.95 in the U.S.

Yay! Can't wait to order. :smoke:

Alke
06-09-2004, 03:34 PM
:cool:

Harrison486
06-09-2004, 06:22 PM
How does thermocin work? Will it really help lose weight, or is it one of thos "magic-pills"? Also, If I am trying to bulk up and build muscle, will this hinder my results?

JTyrell710
06-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Hello there Mr New Thermocin

nice, jw what does a single pill of thermocin look like?

chris mason
06-09-2004, 07:27 PM
How does thermocin work? Will it really help lose weight, or is it one of thos "magic-pills"? Also, If I am trying to bulk up and build muscle, will this hinder my results?

1) Read the information on the site about Thermocin (www.atlargenutrition.com). It will tell you a bit about the thermogenic and fat oxidation properties of the various ingredients in Thermocin. If you want a simple answer, yes it works.

2) Actually, my experience is that it can help you to have a "lean bulk". In other words, it can help to minimize fat gain while you are adding weight. I think this is an overlooked property of the product.

reaver
06-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Its says you replaced ephedrine with Synephrine. Would I better off just making EC, since you can still buy it seperately, or do the other ingredients make up for it?

chris mason
06-10-2004, 08:13 AM
Lol, what a question!

In my opinion, you are better off with our product which utilizes a proven formula. As you alluded to, our product has more going for it than just a standard EC stack.

DoUgL@S
06-10-2004, 09:27 AM
Unless price is an issue in which case it is cheaper to make your own ECA stack. The price 1 month supply of thermocin is roughly the same as a 3 months supply of E, C and A bought seperately.

But in terms of quality there is no doubt that Atlarge will give you not only the best quality for your buck but attempt to give you the best bang for your buck also.

chris mason
06-10-2004, 09:31 AM
Unless price is an issue in which case it is cheaper to make your own ECA stack. The price 1 month supply of thermocin is roughly the same as a 3 months supply of E, C and A bought seperately.

But in terms of quality there is no doubt that Atlarge will give you not only the best quality for your buck but attempt to give you the best bang for your buck also.

Keep in mind that if you add the cost of a supply of green tea extract they get even closer.

reaver
06-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Lol, what a question!

Only thing wrong with that question is that it was asked to the supps company. But I probaly shouldn't have asked that here.

chris mason
06-11-2004, 05:21 AM
Sorry, but yes, that is why it struck me as amusing. I suppose it really should have made me feel flattered that you would trust us enough to give you our real opinion on the matter.