PDA

View Full Version : no ab training needed??

latinomasfino
04-02-2004, 10:18 AM
i have heard a lot of things about gettin your abs to show and what i heard is that there is no such thiing as spot reduction. that being said can u get a 6 pac if u increase ur cardio and lower calories without ever doing a simple crunch??

galileo
04-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Yeah, crunches will not help you lose fat specifically from your abdomen. However, the stronger your abs are, the better they'll look at a higher bodyfat.

latinomasfino
04-02-2004, 01:44 PM
ohh ok so its basically to buuld strength in ur abs but its not necessary right especially if im doing squats and deadlifts which i heard buts stress on ur abs. what about people who have thick abs is that by doing abs using weight? so basically doing ab work outs its just for extra calories that are being burnned

the rev
04-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Everyone has defined muscle under the skin. If it doesn't show defined it's because there is bodyfat covering the muscle. If you are blessed and have a very low percentage of bodyfat then your abs will show without doing ab exercises. The more ab excersies you do however, will make your abs look thicker and stronger. IMO i would recomend doing ab work at least 1 day out of your week to help you stay well balanced with the rest of your growth.

LuvDaPump
04-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Do some ab work so that when you get rid of the flab you'll already have a beefier more defined 6 pack. Plus you'll be helping your other exercises by building up your core a bit. Depending on genetics a bit and your body type you might get down to 10% bf and have no 6 pack to speak of. It might just be pretty much flat. If the muscle isn't there to protrude out from the cross running ligaments you'll just be skinny looking. It all depends on what you want.

harryhoudini66
04-02-2004, 09:28 PM
keep you tummy tight during compound excercises and it will get you a good amount of abs. for some ripped ones though I would say crunches help.

latinomasfino
04-02-2004, 10:01 PM
are rope crunches the most effective?

phatmonky
04-03-2004, 07:51 AM
are rope crunches the most effective?

I find weighted inclines and leg lifts to work great for me. Rope crunches didn't do anything more - IMO

latinomasfino
04-03-2004, 11:50 AM
how much weight should i use for incline cruches?

Shao-LiN
04-03-2004, 12:20 PM
You tell us. Everyone lifts different weights.