PDA

View Full Version : Progain/Nutrition

smoove.
04-03-2004, 10:02 AM
7.15Am: - 2x Scammbled/Boiled eggs

10Am: - 2x chicken Rolls/Flapjack

12PM: - Pasta/Lasange

4.30PM: - Anything Ranging From - Jacket Potatoe/Chicken/Lasange/Spagheti Bolognaze/Fish & Pees

6PM: (Pre-workout shake) - 1 Banana, 2spoons of olive oil, with one scoop of PROGAIN (Not sure if i should, since it says its ment to be with water) 2 spoons of porridge oats with a pint of milk.

6.30Pm: - (Workout here)

8PM: - Vegtable Soup/Jacket Potatoe/Chicken/Lasange/Spagheti Bolognaze/Fish & pees/RICE/PastaBuild up (Meal replacment drink).

10PM+: - Progain (1scoop) with milk/Boiled Eggs/nutrigrain bars,toast.

I've been working about for around 2months now, without no real noticeble gain in size, but definate improvment in muscle definition. I'm 5ft 7", age 18 and around 133lbs.
I've been hitting the gym randomly and not eating enough, or eatin the right foods. I'm trying to increae in muscle-mass, and with my current weight and height, i Need to eat around 2200 calories a day in order to increase in size, rather than improve my muscle defintion.

I've made my own shake of good nutrients (as u can see), just wondering if its ok?
i've just got some prograin and its "ok", but Im looking for something to mix it with. It says it should be drunk with water, but what else could I drink it with?

It says I should take half a scoop before workout and a full one afterwork out, or is it ok to have a full one before workout and a nice meal after words?

chris mason
04-03-2004, 10:07 AM
You are grossly underestimating the number of calories you need to consume in order to gain size.

Read this article:

http://www.atlargenutrition.com/gainingmass.php

smoove.
04-03-2004, 10:31 AM
hmm good point, i am. I'll try up it to around 3000 calories a day. I dont think its possible for me to consume much more..

chris mason
04-03-2004, 10:48 AM
Well, actually, caloric consumption can be trained for. The more you eat, the more you will expand your stomach. It is not comfortable, but you can expand it over time. You will most likely need to in order to reach your goals.