PDA

View Full Version : Collar bone pain when doing bench?

rerard
04-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Lately I have been getting pain, well more like soreness, in my chest, it feels like something is pulling on my left collar bone. It serously feels like if I do too much weight my collar bone might pop out, its not that painful but it just feels real awkward. Should I lower the weight for a while? Its the worsed with decline.

rerard
04-11-2004, 03:03 PM
anyone?

KeMiKaL
04-11-2004, 04:21 PM
did you break your collarbone ever?

i broke mine, and it hurts once in while when doing pullups, and sometimes bench..but not that much and it goes away after a minute or two...

Ironman15
04-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Lately I have been getting pain, well more like soreness, in my chest, it feels like something is pulling on my left collar bone. It serously feels like if I do too much weight my collar bone might pop out, its not that painful but it just feels real awkward. Should I lower the weight for a while? Its the worsed with decline.

Thats odd, I've been feeling the same thing here in the past couple of weeks.

rerard
04-12-2004, 02:46 AM
no previous collar bone injuries to speak of

SW
05-16-2004, 06:35 AM
this is just a guess, but it sounds to me like you have a tendon on or around your collar bone that's been hyperextended or something, and when you use your rotator cuffs for bench it's pulling on it.

hope u get over it

rerard
05-16-2004, 01:40 PM
I took it easy for a few weeks while increasing my shoulder workouts and doing more rotator cuff, just went back to doing heavy bench and there is no more pain.