PDA

View Full Version : Disqualified, lesson learned

biggimp
04-03-2004, 09:27 PM
i was so excited for this powerlifting meet today, then i went and got disqualified on the first lift. i have done 405-410 before for a 1RM, so i figured i could open at 375 easy. last meet i opened 365. well, first lift i went so low my hams were actually resting on my calves. needless to say i couldnt get it more than 1/2 way up. second time i just went to parallel, but for some reason i again lost concentration half way up. i was so mad, i was ready to flip. 3rd attempt i get up, go parallel, and rather easily get it up. kind of quick too. then after knees locking for about a half second, i step forward. i didnt lose my balance, i just stepped forward. so, i got 3 red lights. DQ'd from the rest of the competition. if i wouldve got 3rd place (on a bad day i could get 2nd) my team wouldve won the team 1st place trophy. but no, we lose by 2 points and 1 point to the 2nd and 1st place teams. i was ready to pull a big 450 deadlift too. damn.

anyways, what are some other stories you guys have, and how common is what i did?

Adam
04-04-2004, 05:35 AM
I've only bombed out once and it was in the bench only part of the competition. First lift I forgot to pause, second lift I was called on pause again, so on the third lift I had a huge pause but at the start of the lift I didn't wait for the press command. They all went up easy but none of them counted.

phreak
04-04-2004, 05:35 AM
It's just you man. We're all perfect. :) j/k

Did the same in my first meet ever. Bombed on bench with a weight I could have tripled. Live and learn.