PDA

View Full Version : Time to get ripped.

Andy P
04-04-2004, 08:19 AM
Ok i am by no means fat. but im not ripped yet. im guessing my bodyfat is around %10 i can vaguely see all my abs (top ones clear). i am guessing i have only a few lbs to loose now.

FYI (height:5'6, age:16, weight:140, chest:41, waist:29)

What i need is a clear eating plan so far i have been playing it by ear and going with my body. I tried a keto diet but that didnt work to well as i was getting to fatigued and fell ill very easily.

So what i have been doing is taking most of my carbs in morning (low gi, wheat etc) and only eating protein foods throughout the day. im guessing im taking and should be taking sub 2000 calories. Im working out 3x a week. with cardio 2x a week.

can anyone help me design a diet for my weight. or give me an outline of the carb/protein/fat ammount i should have. should i do more cardio to make sure i am a big enough calorie difference ? could this make me loose muscle.

As you can see im not big (yet) but i have put big gains in strngh and mass since i started so i dont want to loose any muscle.

any input appreciated. :help: :help: :help:

pruneman
04-04-2004, 08:39 AM
it sounds to me like you are pretty lean. I think that, at your weight and age, you should continue bulking.

Andy P
04-04-2004, 09:47 AM
i wanna be ripped/ shreaded for beach. then i will slow bulk so i dont put on much fat for summer. im thinking of only a 4 week diet. More responses would be great :-)

Dedicated
04-04-2004, 11:57 AM
I'm with pruneman, you are 16, 140lbs, you should be eating and lifting to increase your muscle mass, not dieting and trying to lose weight.

Andy P
04-04-2004, 12:05 PM
Here are pictures about 1month ago i think. Judge for yourself.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?threadid=238140

Id say ive lost 3/4 lbs since then. not much.

pruneman
04-04-2004, 12:44 PM
I just checked out teh pics. I still think that you should be bulking because of your age and size...proper training and lots of food at your age will help you build a very strong base that you will be thankful for later. I really wish that i had started eating big and training hard at your age. As for trying to reduce bodyfat, i think you would be good just doing some HIIT a few times a week, but i think you should keep the cals high. Just my $.02...hope it helped.

-prune

Dedicated
04-04-2004, 01:57 PM
If you are worried about keeping your abs and leanness, you could go on a slow bulk, which means you would need to count your calories carefully and eat plenty of protein and EFA's. I use www.fitday.com to keep track of calories. I think this would let you put on lean body mass without adding any fat, you could possibly even lose some fat and gain muscle mass. Just guessing how many calories isn't good enough, I've tried this and it doesn't work unfortunately. Goodluck.