PDA

View Full Version : Dieting/Post-workout nutrition

CW330
04-04-2004, 12:34 PM
I've begun dieting to cut down bodyfat recently, after a 4 month bulk. Bodyfat is currently 15.7%, looking to get to 10% or lower. I usually opt for the protein and fat based diets while cutting, though this time around I'm going for a moderate to low carb diet using oats, brown rice, yams, and veggies as carb sources.

Since I am eliminating sugar, what would be my best choice of carbs post workout? I'm thinking 1-2 packets of regular unflavored instant oats blended in with 2 scoops of whey? If not, what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Khar
04-04-2004, 12:36 PM
I would still use dextrose/maltodextrin post workout...I eat no sugar otherwise except what naturally occurs in pb, oats, rice, etc...

CW330
04-04-2004, 06:13 PM
Thanks for responding.

I guess I'll keep the malto around for post workout, just mess around with the quantity to see what/how much works best.

Khar
04-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Why exactly are you trying to just cut out sugar? I can understand not going overboard on it, but as long as you arn't on a carb restricted diet or dieting for a competition I don't see why sugar is so bad in moderation.