PDA

View Full Version : 20 EGGS? :swear:

StarLeague
04-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Im a student and my expenses are super high at the moment, Im real short on cash right now so I just finished my protein powder/mass gainer.

I can eat a can of Tuna everyday (20g of protein), but I read about 20 egg whites a day? How much protein would that give me? Im approx 75kg, so that would be approx 200g of protein per day?

How Im gonna find that type of protein w/o protein powder? Protein powder is freaking expensive here, like $150 for a small tin which would last 2 1/2 weeks MAX. :swear:

I can eat more, but nothing beats protein powder I know
HELP !

StarLeague
04-04-2004, 11:29 PM
Oh yeah, how would I make 20 eggs whites in 1 shot w/o egg yolks ?

bentkarnes
04-05-2004, 12:42 AM
150$ for a tin that lasts 2.5 weeks? ouch. I got a kilo of this stuff thats lasting me 2 monthes for 50$ CDN. It has about 47g of protien and 300 cal per drink. Not a great brand, its called NHF Ultra Myogen XP. Does me fine. and 200g of protien is pretty easy to hit, just include it in every meal. I belive egg whites will have about half less protien compared to eggs eaten with yolk, so 20 egg whites might be around 100g of priotien ( 1 egg white = 5g protien.. i think) I prefer boiling eggs tho, u can eat 5 at least at a sitting for a snack, good source of protien, plus if u dont want the yolk its really easy to seperate. Bottom line is just eat lots, if u eat clean and healthy youll reach the protien levels u want no problem

StarLeague
04-05-2004, 12:48 AM
Thanks so much, any other techniques how to cook around 10 in one shot?

Ideally, I would love them, (a)Tasteless (b)Liquid form?

I don't know how to cook at all, Im completely hopeless at cooking, any suggestions?

I tried frying and eating 5 eggs in one shot, nearly passed out at the 3rd egg.

bentkarnes
04-05-2004, 12:54 AM
nothing beats scrambled eggs for breakfast. If your just eating the whites eating 5 chould be no problem. As far as tasteless and simple, just boil them. Use a big pot and cook 20 of them and they store well in your fridge, up to a week, but you could eat 20 in a few days im sure. Dap a boiled egg is salt and pepper, adds a little kick. If you make a protien shake u can poor a few egg white into that, you shouldnt taste them, but i would cook them personally for health reasons.

StarLeague
04-05-2004, 01:07 AM
Boil them ?

Open the egg, and then remove the yolk frmo the white, and then throw them into a boiling water and then? Is that how it works?

StarLeague
04-05-2004, 01:10 AM
:confused: Im a complete n00b at cooking...

what would you suggest the best way to cook 10 eggs in one go and get them into stomach within a minute? quick and tasteless, i hate the taste of the eggs!

bentkarnes
04-05-2004, 01:12 AM
lol

you really meant it when u said u cant cook.

boil water, take the whole egg, still in its shell, put the egg in teh water GENTLY because it can break pretty easy and **** up your egg up. Then boil it for about 10 minute, depending on how soft/hard you like them. Then after 10 minutes take the eggs out and put them in cold water for a few minutes then peel off the shell and eat the white ( if your going for no yolk) and the yolk will be a little hard yellow ball. no mess no worries, so good luck and if you screw this up im going to have to call you a retard :D

StarLeague
04-05-2004, 01:23 AM
Assuming I boil it for 3 minutes,

the egg would be very soft, something like a half boiled egg?

After which I can open up the egg and it would be super soft and then I seperate the yolk? Does this technique work for like 6 eggs at one go?

JSully
04-05-2004, 01:38 AM
it works for 50 eggs in one go... but if you only boil it for 3 minutes its hardly gonna separate correctly... i boil mine for 12 minutes and add a teeny bit of vinegar so the shells are really easy to peel....

StarLeague
04-05-2004, 01:51 AM
Just made my first egg, I know it soudns lame lol

it was approx 6 min in hot water, one question

do you guys eat 15 eggs at one shot right after your work-out? isnt that when your body requires the most protein for your muscle growth? Or you guys eat 5 in the morning/5 in the afternoon/5 in the dinner ?

Any of your parents/wives complaining about this? Cant persuade to buy 80 eggs a week lol

JSully
04-05-2004, 03:16 AM
...have a carb drink after ur workout.. then wait an hour and eat the eggs...

Budiak
04-05-2004, 05:03 AM
I think you'll be the first one here to eat 15 eggs as a post-workout meal. Not the first in history, I'd bet (ask Mason about that one).

For post workout, if you have to eat eggs, drink a high GI carb drink post workout and eat ten of the eggs immediately, ideally ingesting about 40 grams of protein and 60 grams of carbs. Eat the other ten eggs an hour later, and some whole wheat bread or oats or something.

20 egg whites will get you around 80 grams of protein.

I dont see what the problem is with pursuading someone to buy 80 eggs a week. You have goals, let them know that. If that doesnt work, think up an elaborate yet fragile series of lies to get your way. Thats how it works in America.

StarLeague
04-05-2004, 07:36 AM
Whats a good post workout energy drink?

Soft drinks? hehe

Jasonl
04-05-2004, 07:55 AM
Whats a good post workout energy drink?

Soft drinks? hehe
Dextrose+whey.

Allie
04-05-2004, 11:08 AM
OK this made me think gouys, how in the world do you all have the patience to peel the eggs?

Jasonl
04-05-2004, 01:40 PM
OK this made me think gouys, how in the world do you all have the patience to peel the eggs?
I've got it down to a science now, since I have 7 white and 1 whole each night before bed, take me about 2 mins to seperate all the whites.

AzBboy
04-05-2004, 02:44 PM
holy crap dude all those eggs? eggs are not the only source of protein u know. hey man that sucks about the high cost of protein where are you from? hit up e-bay dude or like GNC"s webpage order some online, try their pro performance protein youll get it for 1/5 of what u r paying now and it comes with 29 servings of 30g a pop.

Budiak
04-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Starleague, is milk expensive where you live as well?

smalls
04-05-2004, 05:32 PM
If your really that hard up for cash I say eat the whole damn egg. Eggs are cheap and cheap calories are good. Hell, I am currently out of money and have been getting by on carmel fookin popcorn (plus tuna of coarse) In fact I think I'm going to start a new thread about the important of caramel popcorn in ones diet.

raniali
04-05-2004, 06:19 PM
If your really that hard up for cash I say eat the whole damn egg. Eggs are cheap and cheap calories are good.
:withstupi