PDA

View Full Version : Atkins diet.

SpeedMetal
04-05-2004, 08:12 PM
I'm thinking of taking it.

I am 16 240 pounds 5,11FT I'm not really that fat....it's just my build i dunno why i weigh so much though....I have a giant upper body and a giant lower....it's just very strange in my book why i weigh so much.

But anyway...I'm considering the Atkin's diet to drop some weight(get down to 200 even)and i think this diet could work for me. I also weight lift 3 to 4 times a week.

So any oppinions?

Shao-LiN
04-05-2004, 09:22 PM
If you're weight lifting, I would steer you more towards a CKD/TKD/UD2 if you want to go the low carb route. Atkins is geared more towards people who don't want to get off their butts.

harryhoudini66
04-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Okay, I hate to break it to you, but if you are 240 @ 5'11 you are fat. I was 250@ 5'7 and also though I was not too fat. Now that I am 170 and look at my before pictures, I cannot see how I had an unrealistic body image.

I could be wrong but I doubt it.

What worked for me was a CKD. If you do not know what it is, please do a search on it. It helped me drop alot of weight.

SpeedMetal
04-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Yeah I didn't say i was skinny buddy.....lol

But anyway I'm not this like massive fat dude.....I just have a gut.....everything else is just well...chubby like.

Yeah I'm overweight but i'm getting it off....

Spartacus
04-05-2004, 11:03 PM
low carb diets can work, but other macronutrient ratios can work just as effectivly. some people prefer one and some prefer the other. it all depends on which keeps you from getting hungry and has foods you'd prefer to eat and how you feel.