PDA

View Full Version : What should i eat?

Joaquin14
04-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Hey, im new at the whole diet thing. My diet is pretty much whatever i can find and cook for myself. Since i go to high-school i dont decide my own food. Can anybody help me by telling me any easy foods to cook instead of that cafeteria stuff. Thanks in advance

harryhoudini66
04-05-2004, 10:19 PM
Depends on what your goals are. You want to lose weight or gain lean mass?

Also, try doing a search first. Chances are you are not the first person to have a particular question.

PiKappaWRX
04-06-2004, 11:31 AM
you definately need to be more specific. if you're bulking vs. cutting your diet will change completely. but either way you are going to want plenty of protein, and fat (unsaturated). make sure you get your EFA's in, either supplemented or eaten. and you could've just edited your first thread instead of creating an entire new one, but no worries. just post more specifics and people will share their advice with you.

Joaquin14
04-07-2004, 09:11 PM
sorry i forgot to specify. i just want to reduce my bf, enough so my abs will start to show.

latinomasfino
04-07-2004, 09:18 PM
well ur gonna have to multiply ur bodyweight by 11 thast the amount of calories needed to lose weight then after about 2 weeks if it stops to work take off an additonial 100-200 calories plus u should be doing heavy lifting to prevent muclse lost

PiKappaWRX
04-07-2004, 11:22 PM
exactly what latinomasfino said. the general theory for cals to take in is 15*bw for maintenance, 12*bw for cutting, and 18*bw for bulking. and in terms of cutting, you will notice a platoe, and once you do you will need to slowly reduce caloric intake further, but never go below 10*bw. at that time is when you will need to end your cut and go back to either maintenance or bulking. and just keep in mind that while cutting your obviously cutting carbs, so when increasing cals again, introduce them gradually over time so not to add fat. i.e. don't go from 2200 cals a day w/ 100 carbs to 3000cals w/ about 300g carbs.