PDA

View Full Version : Time to go for the cut, any ideas, links?

drunkenjames
04-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums and I'm sorry if this has been asked too many times, which I'm sure it probably has.

I started out lean about 2 yrs back. i was 5'8, and weighed 132 lbs. i was way too skinny i guess. so i decided to bulk up. Did protein shakes, tuna, and went on. i gained muscle, which is good, but i also 'earned' some token fat at the same time.

skip 2 yrs ahead, im 191 lbs now. I'm sorry, i couldnt tell you the bodyfat, I dunno how. I have muscle but also have fat. I've gained a small belly and lil lovehandles are startin to form. Is there a link or some advice on how to start cutting? or if cutting is a good idea at this stage?

I'm 5'8", 20 yrs old, 191 pounds. Thanks for your help ppl . Sorry if I was vague.

the rev
04-06-2004, 03:45 PM
I've just started cutting myself for the first time. I decreased my calorie intake by 1000 and so far so good. I lost 3 pounds the first week. I also do cardio 1 day a week for 20-30 minutes.. I cut out sugars and drink lots of water all day. Eat healthy small portions 5-6 times a day. You also want to continue working out as usual, but you will notice a slight lack of energy when working out due to the cut in calories.

drunkenjames
04-08-2004, 01:55 PM
You're right about the less energy. Maybe it's in the mind, who knows.

I've cut out the Junk food i used to eat all the time. How many calories would you suggest a day?

latinomasfino
04-08-2004, 09:42 PM
I've just started cutting myself for the first time. I decreased my calorie intake by 1000 and so far so good. I lost 3 pounds the first week. I also do cardio 1 day a week for 20-30 minutes.. I cut out sugars and drink lots of water all day. Eat healthy small portions 5-6 times a day. You also want to continue working out as usual, but you will notice a slight lack of energy when working out due to the cut in calories.

1000!!! man tahst too much i just starting cutting also its been 3 weeks i went from 173 to 167 and bf from 18 to 16 dude jsut cut down like 300,, teh loss in energy its cause u are cuttin down on calories too much... me i gained strenth i know thats weird while cutitng but hey workin for me jsut maintain a 40-50% protein 30-40 carbs and 20-30 fat and ull be fine

EdgarMex
04-09-2004, 11:29 AM
When I cut I drop cals by 500 below maintenance and adjust afeter a couple of weeks if necessary. Cutting 1000 cals might be a bit excessive and lead to too much muscle loss.

TheGimp
04-09-2004, 12:05 PM
Yes, 1000 calories seems quite excessive, however maintainence is often a range rather than a number. Simply aim to lose no more than 1 lb per week to minimise muscle loss.

the rev
04-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Im shooting for 1000 calories less then my normal intake of 2600 per day. This is a lot but it gives me a cusion on those days that i cant help but eat a little more. If I do eat a little more im still ok and im not set back too far. So far I haven't noticed much muscle loss if any at all. I started out with 500 calories less, but worked down to 1000 calories less, becuase I saw better results. Best advice is what latinmasfino said cut down 300 calories at a time to see what works best for you.