PDA

View Full Version : Lbm???

JSully
04-06-2004, 09:24 PM
ok.. i know what LMB is and how to figure it out..

my question is... when you're supposed to multiply ur weight by 14 for matenance.. or 18 for bulk or 11 for cut.. do you multiply ur LBM or ur actualy bodyweight??

same question applies when figuring out grams/protein/carbs per pound of bodyweight.. is that per pound of bodyweight or per pound of lean body mass???

thx

EdgarMex
04-06-2004, 09:26 PM
I use bodyweight

Paladyr
04-07-2004, 07:49 AM
I use bodyweight but that is a good question, since it is really the LBM that is burning calories... hm... something to think about! If I had to guess I would say use your LBM.

JSully
04-24-2004, 10:17 PM
*bump*

I'm still curious as to the answer. When figuring my total calories for the UD2 I have to be almost exact. If I multiply my bodyweight: 215x14 = 3010 calories but if i multiply my approx LMB: 180x14 = 2520, then you're supposed to cut that in half..

So if I used half of my bodyweight that would be 1555 calories, but if I used my LBM that would be 1260calories. I'm seeing results at my bodyweigt times 14 divided by 2 calories but I was wondering if I would see better results using my LBM. I know that he says use my LMB for the carb load, so I'm confused as to use it for everything or JUST the carb load. If I used it for everything I could cut out about 30grams of protein that I'm having and cut down the carbs another 15 or 20grams.

Help me out here, thanks

-confused jake :)

Shao-LiN
04-25-2004, 12:47 AM
Your maintenance is what your body needs to maintain. Calculations are just estimations. Most estimates use your body weight. But, it will ultimately be up to how your body responds. During your 2 week maintenance period prior to starting the UD2, if you're still gaining, then you're over maintenance. If you're losing, you're under...adjust as necessary.