PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Diet 2.0 - is it worth buying even if you don't plan to do ckd?

hemants
04-07-2004, 07:05 AM
Also, is it worth trying a CKD for 2 weeks or would that be a waste of time?

Jasonl
04-07-2004, 07:33 AM
It really is worth buying even if you don't use it, I lost 3lbs of fat in the first 2 weeks, so it works well.

EdgarMex
04-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Yeah, it's a great read. I got pretty good results with it.

TheGimp
04-07-2004, 11:58 AM
I was in the same position - being a vegetarian I did not think it would be possible for me to get the macros right for a CKD - but I bought the book anyway and in the end I was able to sort a suitable low carb diet out. It is still an informative read about many aspects of nutrition and training, and may give you some ideas even if you don't follow the exact plan as it is lined out.

hemants
04-07-2004, 12:57 PM
"It really is worth buying even if you don't use it, I lost 3lbs of fat in the first 2 weeks, so it works well."

Did you achieve this on a CKD or something else?

Jasonl
04-07-2004, 05:28 PM
"It really is worth buying even if you don't use it, I lost 3lbs of fat in the first 2 weeks, so it works well."

Did you achieve this on a CKD or something else?
That was on UD2, I know I'm not the only one who has had results like that. I guess it was a "shock" to my body. Trust me, those 3lbs of fat were not an easy 3lbs, the workouts are brutal, along with the starvation days. I was drinking so much water(well over 2 gallons, I stopped keep track) on mon-thursdays just to help with the hunger.

fornero
04-07-2004, 06:42 PM
UD2 is a great read even if you end up not using the diet. It explains a number of factors involved in fat loss and muscle gain, and I've applied portions/concepts of it to pretty much every diet/training split I use.

The plan itself is exceedingly effective for body recomposition. At moderate levels of body fat (9-15%), it's not uncommon to gain muscle while losing fat. At low levels, it's quite effective at minimizing muscle loss while continuing to lose fat at an appreciable rate. Variations of it can also be used to add mass without fat gain.

Make no mistake, the training and "diet" days are brutal, though you will get used to them after a couple weeks (they still suck, mind you). The nice thing is that you only have to "diet" for 3.5 days/week, gorging on carbs or eating "normally" for the rest of the time. The diet days, while exceedingly restrictive in calories, do allow for a little more in the way of carbs/protein than a "traditional" CKD, but with far less fat.

All in all, it's well worth the $20. As a "supplement", you'd be hard pressed to get better returns for you money.