PDA

View Full Version : Where do I gain weight while bulking?

workingitout
04-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Three months ago I weighed 150, and my goal is to get to a "cut" 170. My plan is to get to about 180 and then lose the extra weight. As of now I am at 165 after three months of doing WBB 1. My concern is that I cannot see any gains in my body except in the stomach and love handles. I have not been doing any measurements or body fat percentages...should I start doing calipers? If I go and get calipers...does anyone know how to figure out body fat % from that?

I also am eating about 3,500 calories. I am taking 3 shakes of Weider's Mega Mass 400 which has 1640 cals, 311 carbs, and 88 grams protein in the three shakes together. I am also eating 2,000 cals in eggs, cott cheese, tuna, chicken, peanut butter and other items. I just want some reassurance that I am doing the "bulking" process correctly...and does anyone have any suggestions to know that I am gaining muscle, and not just fat? My weights are increasing steadily.

Thanks

WillKuenzel
04-07-2004, 05:08 PM
Buy a tape measure. This way you can measure if your legs, arms, etc. are growing. You can get some calipers to see if you are gaining more bodyfat than you would like. If you are gaining weight too quickly then you might be eating more than you need to. Your body will use what it needs to make more muscle but then whatever extra that isn't excreted will be stored as fat.

Veritas
04-08-2004, 12:10 AM
Wow, everything seems to be going right for you... Good foods, steady gains. 15 pounds in 3 months is great! I don't know why you haven't seen any ocular gains... What do your friends say? Just keep it the same... I dont see anthing wrong.

manowar669
04-08-2004, 07:55 AM
I weighed about your weight last year, and I'm about where you want to be (I weigh 170 now at about 11%, cutting down from 179 2.5 weeks ago). I was gaining weight a bit too fast at 2900 cals, so you may wanna cut your cals back a tad. However, I wasn't doing any cardio on my bulk , so if you are doing cardio, your cals may be ok for you.

Reinier
04-08-2004, 08:43 AM
Buy a tape measure and see whats growing- the gut or the muscles. your clothes could give you clues too