PDA

View Full Version : Using Whey Protein to Replace Breakfast?

smallasianguy
04-08-2004, 12:24 PM
I'm a pretty small guy in general at a little bit under 5'6" and I'm a college student. I just decided to start working out this semester and I've gone from 120lb. last semester, to 123lb. at the beginning of this semester, to most currently 129lb.

I'm definitely seeing more definition in myself, but I definitely want to get bigger in appearance, not just on the scale. My goal is probably to hit 135lb., maybe in one month (don't even know if that's possible).

But the biggest stumbling block is that I'm a college student and I don't eat very well or often. I skip breakfast everyday, and I know I shouldn't, but I don't really have the time to eat it, and seeing as how I want to gain weight, I was thinking about buying some whey protein.

My question, though, is whey protein filling? Like could I drink it for breakfast and satisfy my appetite for at least a little bit?

BigMatt
04-08-2004, 12:29 PM
You need Carbs first thing when you wake up with good protein. So i would get a weight gainer.But better,if you really want to get big you will get up early and take the time to Eat.

Khar
04-08-2004, 12:34 PM
If you are going to drinking a shake on an empty stomach either go with a blended protien or at least mix some stuff with it...If you already have whey, mix it with milk, either skim or at most 1% milk. I would mix in some dry oats too and maybe some peanut butter. Mix it all in the blender and suck it down. Try adding ice and fruits to your taste also.

TheGimp
04-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Some whey mixed with milk would be good for slower digestion and carbs. For even more calories make it whole milk.

Darcy Tucker
04-08-2004, 12:52 PM
You want to pack on the pounds fast? Have this three times a day.

2 cups whole milk
scoop of whey protein
2 scoops of oats
1 scoop of cereal
2 tbsp of natural peanut butter

Maxgain
04-09-2004, 03:43 AM
After fasting for approx 8 hours the first thing you want to do is stop any catabolism and with the research coming out distinguishing between slow and fast proteins whey would be a pure choice unless consumed in plenty of milk to get the caesin in. I would never use whey either side of a fast, imho

Budiak
04-10-2004, 03:54 AM
2 cups whole milk
scoop of whey protein
2 scoops of oats
1 scoop of cereal
2 tbsp of natural peanut butter

You should include a disclaimer with that shake recipe.

I actually used to drink the Protein Factory's anabolic MRP twice a day when I was bulking...it was my first real bulk, and I gained a ****load of weight. It probably had about the same macro breakdown as the recipe you posted. Got pretty fat too. But it was worth it.

I think.