PDA

View Full Version : Before bed meals

Genacide
04-08-2004, 06:02 PM
My girlfriend hates to eat before bed and sometimes goes to bed pretty hungry. After reading a few posts I get the feeling that eating before bed is a good thing for weight loss, is that correct?

Max-Mex
04-08-2004, 06:26 PM
I dont think it's right or wrong. As long as you hit your caloric goals, why should it make a difference.

Maxgain
04-09-2004, 02:32 AM
I dont think it's right or wrong. As long as you hit your caloric goals, why should it make a difference. :thumbup:

TheGimp
04-09-2004, 04:29 AM
Agreed.

When I was young and naive and thought that eating before bed made you fat I found that not eating an hour or so before bed was a good way to regulate calories.

xxr79xx
04-09-2004, 06:52 AM
My girlfriend hates to eat before bed and sometimes goes to bed pretty hungry. After reading a few posts I get the feeling that eating before bed is a good thing for weight loss, is that correct?

you most do want to eat before bed because your next meal isn't going to be for another 8 hours. This isn't what your body needs to lose fat, I would recommend eating something about 30min before bed and something that digest pretty slowly as well. Maybe a milk blended protein shake. Something of that nature that will create a nice gel in the stomach and digest slowly... when ever losing fat is your goal you main objective is to eat micro meals about every 3 hours, Eating this often levels out a lot of things that tells your body its ok to metabolize the fat. If you go long period of time (8 hours) with out eating you Insulin levels will spike and what you eat will most like be stored as fat.

Budiak
04-10-2004, 02:52 AM
Yeah. If she's not into protien shakes, a glass of milk (16oz) before bed should be enough to quell a hunger pang as well as provide for a some good casein and whey proteins as well as some fat that will digest over the course of the night.

ryuage
04-10-2004, 06:21 AM
cottage cheese, yummmmmmm