PDA

View Full Version : Blender Recommendations?

parlayin
04-10-2004, 11:17 AM
Is there a particular blender you use that you would recommend? I'm mainly talking about ease of washing. The last one I used, I couldn't detach the bottom part, so it was impossible to wash the blades, and residue would crust up at the bottom. I don't have a dishwasher, so I'd be washing by hand. Thanks

parlayin
04-10-2004, 11:33 AM
I did some research online and see that some blenders have self-cleaning options. How has that worked for you?

Also, durability of blades would be important.

How many watts should I be looking at? At least 400?

ogarchamplin
04-10-2004, 12:01 PM
this is the one i have and it came with a food processor attachment too

http://www.oster.com/productdetail.asp?id=69&cid=3

JRockTTU
04-10-2004, 12:54 PM
You've gotta step up and get the Oster In2itive blender. The one of got is awesome, the bottom detaches and it's easy as hell to clean. It's programmed already so all I do is put everything in, turn it on, and hit the smoothie button and it makes a perfect shake. They have a few different models on the webpage (I have the 6701):
http://www.oster.com/products.asp?cat=7

PiKappaWRX
04-10-2004, 05:35 PM
what have you guys been blending? i just shake up whey w/ milk and scoop in some other stuff. who needs a blender?

geoffgarcia
04-10-2004, 06:04 PM
stick blender

ogarchamplin
04-10-2004, 09:20 PM
what have you guys been blending? i just shake up whey w/ milk and scoop in some other stuff. who needs a blender?

Sometimes i add ice, or a banana, or rolled oats to my shakes

geoffgarcia
04-10-2004, 11:43 PM
how much whey do you add to your shakes?
I put in 1-1.5 cups of powders (protein+ carbs)
I have a large 30+oz mug and I dip my stick blender in for 2 seconds, pull it out, run it under the sink and toss it on the counter till the next day...
easy

Holto
04-11-2004, 12:49 PM
stick blenders are awesome but I've given mine up for single shaker cups

I figure it takes a few more seconds but if there is a chance of some fractions being damaged by the blade it's worth it

I use a counter top model for blending frozen fruit and beverages based on cottage cheese and jam/juice

after a few years of doing this I can see me investing in a higher HP model

PiKappaWRX
04-11-2004, 07:58 PM
i put 2 scoops of whey (30g scoops), like 5g of creatine, 5g glutamine, not much else to a shake for me. maybe add some dextrose or maltodexin, but shaking it isn't that hard.

Deathwish
04-11-2004, 11:21 PM

Whey and Milk are shakeable. But Crunchy Peanut Butter and Bananas for example are bit harder to shake up in a homogenous solution.

ryuage
04-12-2004, 07:13 AM
eventually they will disolve :)

hemants
04-12-2004, 08:37 AM
I have a cuisinart in stainless steel that I'm very happy with.

If you've got big bux then the kitchenaide is nice too.

geoffgarcia
04-12-2004, 08:49 AM
I have a cuisinart in stainless steel that I'm very happy with.

If you've got big bux then the kitchenaide is nice too.
sounds like a bitch to clean?
same with those shaker cups...thats why I use the stick...its the easiest to clean AND does the best job of mixing

ryuage
04-12-2004, 10:07 AM
i can carry a shaker cup to the gym, of course i can take a blender to the gym as well but who wants to do that :) shaker cup is easy to clean as well, lets just say if washing one dish is a problem you got more to think about then just what to use.

Holto
04-12-2004, 12:24 PM
sounds like a bitch to clean?
same with those shaker cups...

I guess you don't clean the cup you drink out of ?

I do the same thing with my single cups I did with the stick, I rinse it with hot water before and after use...

10 seconds and no damaged fractions

ryuage
04-12-2004, 12:31 PM
or you can drink out of the blender hehe.

geoffgarcia
04-12-2004, 12:34 PM
I guess you don't clean the cup you drink out of ?
I do the same thing with my single cups I did with the stick, I rinse it with hot water before and after use...
10 seconds and no damaged fractions
I have about 5 32oz cups that I circulate.
I use 1 a day and toss it in the dishwasher. between uses I fill it with water and let it soak then empty for each use.

I run the stick under the faucet for .5 seconds to clean it.

damaged fractions....pfft!!!
:alcoholic

Deathwish
04-12-2004, 07:47 PM
What exactly is 'the stick'?

ogarchamplin
04-12-2004, 08:16 PM
http://bamix.125west.com/

geoffgarcia
04-12-2004, 09:36 PM
sorry, I just call it the stick...I don't know what else to call it...there are a ton of companies that make them

GrumpyTX
04-13-2004, 08:16 AM
You've gotta step up and get the Oster In2itive blender. The one of got is awesome, the bottom detaches and it's easy as hell to clean. It's programmed already so all I do is put everything in, turn it on, and hit the smoothie button and it makes a perfect shake. They have a few different models on the webpage (I have the 6701):
http://www.oster.com/products.asp?cat=7

This is the one I have and it works great.

hemants
04-13-2004, 08:31 AM
This is not hard to clearn

http://www.abtecparts.com/images/cuisinartblackjarbase.jpg

geoffgarcia
04-13-2004, 09:10 AM
hermants, a black jar base? is that the link you mean to put up?

Reinier
04-13-2004, 09:21 AM
but washing any blender is easy. put hot water and some soap it and turn it on at the highest power for a while and then do the same again with just water. voila.

geoffgarcia
04-13-2004, 09:39 AM
but washing any blender is easy. put hot water and some soap it and turn it on at the highest power for a while and then do the same again with just water. voila.
my mom would have shot me if I tried to clean a blender that way *LOL*
she always made me take the whole damn thing apart, and clean every piece...blade, jug, gasket...ugh! *LOL*
I guess if you clean it your way then its easy as pie though!

PiKappaWRX
04-13-2004, 09:45 AM
i think this thread has been going on too long. just drink your shake however you would like, shaken or blended. and c'mon its not that hard to wash a couple of things w/ soap and hot water.

Holto
04-13-2004, 12:52 PM
sticks are for chic's

just kidding :)

hemants
04-13-2004, 01:56 PM
"hemants, a black jar base? is that the link you mean to put up?"

yes the blender has that black base, a blade thingy, a rubber gasket and the jug

you can hand wash everything in 1 minute or just throw it in the dishwasher

p.s. i don't use it for post workout shakes (i use a spoon) but I put fruit, natty pb, and oat bran in my morning shake