PDA

View Full Version : Calorie Counting and Loved ones

Franco
01-15-2001, 08:46 AM
Just wanted to see if anyone has this problem. Ever since i have been counting calories, my parents think im mad because i do this (i still live at home) , and being italian my parents moan if only your relatives could see what you were doing they would not be to happy.

If my dad had his way he would bloody make me eat a tonne of pasta and at each of my 7 meals and nothing else.

And trying to explain the reason why i do this is trying to explain colour to a blind person, and i might as well go and hit my head against a brick wall instead arghhhhhhh

Anyone had this problem from parents, girlfirends, boyfriends other relatives

Go Stars
01-15-2001, 09:14 AM
I am right there with you. I am latino and everything my mom cooks is cooked using lard or just plain fattening. When I visit my parents she goes all out and cooks this huge meal with tortillas and what not.....I tell her to cook chicken or something and she denies me.

I gave up trying to explain to her. Instead, I make myself something that doesnt take long and eat it before she is done. By the time she is finished, I am stuffed. I just tell her to put it in some tupperware so I can take it home. I tell you, my roomate encourages me to visit my mom more often. That is the only time he gets home cooked mexican food.

Savannah
01-15-2001, 10:27 AM
I coompletely understand where you are coming from!

I'm still at home too soo my parents really doon't understand anything I doo relating too my diet.
there have been so many mornings when my dad says to me, " Noow is there really any thing wrong with eating just 1 egg???????"

My reply?
"No there is noothing wrong with eating just 1 egg, however I do not want my body to loook as yours dooes!"

Of course this is all said with a smile on my face!! :)

[Edited by Savannah on 01-15-2001 at 12:28 PM]

Wizard
01-15-2001, 10:34 AM
I'm Greek and here we have a lot of traditional italian meals as carbonara,pasta with proschuto etc.People here cook all their meals with lots of oils and butters,eat three big meals per day,small amounts of protein,lots of sugars and high gi carbs and generally it's not easy for me to follow my schedule as I want.Everybody,from familly to friends,think I'm crazy!But I just don't listen to them and keep walking!...

Franco
01-15-2001, 11:37 AM
Good to hear im not the only one this happens to :D

Buff
01-15-2001, 12:35 PM
I'm American and we eat greasy sh!t all day long all day strong. When my mom makes pasta I eat it, of course I throw 4oz. of lean ground beef on it. when my mom makes hash browns in the morning I eat it along with my 8 eggs. If you live in an Italian home that has pasta flowing out the windows you have zero room to complain. Make some chicken cut it up and toss it in the pasta or beef, and BOOM you are a bulker. Take advantage of overload of carbs!!

Anthony
01-15-2001, 12:47 PM
You all need to quit your b!tchin and stop leeching off your parents! :)

Buff
01-15-2001, 01:25 PM
Umm.. hello Anthony, we are not all super brain freaks like yourself!!

Wizard
01-15-2001, 01:29 PM
:cool:
take it easy!..

mds_79
01-17-2001, 07:54 AM
my gf thinks i'm crazy cause i eat so much tuna.
u gotta do what u gotta do!

kat
01-17-2001, 08:31 AM
I am the master of my domain, so no one can say a damn thing to me...excpet my mother thinks I don't feed my BF so she stuffs his face in place of mine when we go over...:D