PDA

View Full Version : Counting calories

bigzbling
04-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Hey sup,

you guyz always say the consumption of a sufficient amount of calories will get you bulked up but how do you count the calories? How do you know the total amount of calories you eat per day? Is there a scale or something? Its really intriguing me. I dont know how many calories i eat per day so i never know if its enough. Please help. Thanks!

ianack4life
04-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Found out the amount of calories that are in the food that you're eating via either the numbers given about the ingredient list on the back label of food or if its something like fruits or veggies you can look up the amount of calories of a food online. It gets more complicate when you're eating real unprocessed food and making things from scratch, but just keep track of everything that goes into whatever you're making and add up the calories.

I don't know what other more simplex way there is to answer the question though.

Use the internet, text book, or the label on any given food and just keep a journal or whatever of how many calories you ate during a given day

ryuage
04-11-2004, 09:36 PM
:withstupi

bigzbling
04-11-2004, 09:40 PM
thanks for the tip ! By the way, i just found a great calorie counting website, its sweet!! www.calorie-count.com

Have fun! Thanks!

Hockey66
04-11-2004, 09:45 PM
What is a site that tell you the calories in certain foods?

ogarchamplin
04-11-2004, 09:52 PM
http://nutritiondata.com/

www.fitday.com

Deathwish
04-11-2004, 10:54 PM
I bought the fitday software. It's really useful. It's basically the online version plus more. It's worth a lot more than the $20 they charge. But if you don't wanna drop any cash on it, just use the online version. www.fitday.com

btw this is more of a diet/nutrition topic...imo :p

PiKappaWRX
04-12-2004, 11:04 AM
i also bought the $20 fitday program and it's awesome.