PDA

View Full Version : Get the Ball Rolling!

muscle_bound
04-12-2004, 02:45 PM
Okay I have been lurking around here for a few weeks now and have decided to start my online journal to keep me honest about my work outs and eating routines...Very open to suggestions and any help is much welcomed.

I just started back into working out about 6 months ago. I am 6'2" and just weighed in at 255lbs

I went through about 8 weeks with a PT at my local gym and had great results... I lost about 8-10% BF and gained about 5lbs... Then I took a unneeded brake since I couldn't find a work out partner and I HATE working out alone. But in the past few weeks I have located a motivated partner and we have been getting things in order.

Supplements I have decided on for now is Whey, Glut, and Creatine.

After some research I have decided to take about 30grams of Whey and 5grams of glut mixed with juice or milk in the mornings for breakfast... Stomach doesn't work well enough in the morning to eat anything more than this.

For lunch it is either a couple sandwiches and single serving bag of chips with lots of water... or I try and go out and have soup and salad for lunch.

Before work outs I am taking only about 5grams of glut in water and a small dinner (workout around 8pm) Post work out 5grams glut, 30-40 grams creatine, 25-30grams of whey in mixed in OJ. and if my stomach if okay after that possible some tuna or a chicken breast. 30 min or so before bed I like to take another 5grams of glut in water....

During the day I try and intake at least a gallon of water if not more.

We are just starting WWB1 routine today and last Friday we decided to see about where we max on each basic lift to see where we would be in out prime on this work out.
My work out weight on the basics if I remember correctly will be the following.
Bench: 135
Squat: 225
I will post up the rest of the work out weights as we continue.

My goals:
See my abs one day ( they are hiding behind the freezer right now)
See my work out weight increase each week (no matter how much)

My trouble areas as of now.
Supplements... Still not completely sure I am taking the correct route on this right now... and when to bulk or when to cut.

I am thinking that right now would be good for me to build more muscle to help the cutting process a little down the road so I can burn more fat.... but I could be completely off in left field right now....

I also plan on purchasing some calipers to keep and eye on my body fat. What would be a good goal to see the fat burn off... 2 or 3% month... I don't think that would be too far off.

oh and I will try and get some pics of my fat white self soon.... not dissing myself just stating the fact that I am fat and white... but hey that is why I am here to take care of that right :D

So I guess I have bored everyone enough with this and it is back to :whip: for me....

thanks for taking the time to read this if you do... I plan on making many updates to keep track of my progress with this new routine.... any suggestions are welcome and thanks again.

muscle_bound
04-12-2004, 05:12 PM
well I got bored and decided to take some mesurements today to give me a good starting point.

Biceps: 17"
Chest: 43"
Thigh: 26"
calfs: 18.5"
Neck: 17.5"
Forarm:13.5"
Waist: 42"

Got to get that waist down.... But here goes the battle...

wibble
04-12-2004, 08:27 PM
:spam:

Good luck with the journal and your goals! :thumbup:

muscle_bound
04-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Thank you wibble

Okay now for the good stuff. I just finished Day 1 week 1 of wwb1:

Bench: 155lbs 2 x 8
Assisted Dips: 2 x 8
DB Incline 40lb DB's 1 x 8, 1 x 7 (complete failure)
Assisted Chin ups (76lbs): 2 x 8
Bar Rows: 1 x 8 55lbs, 1 x 8 75lbs (this will rise quickly)
Dead Lift: 225lbs 2 x 8 OUCH!!!!!!!
Shrugs 1 x 11 100lbs

This is what I want to see increase the most... I want my working wieght to jump 10-20lbs a session... 2 sessions max... But we will see....

Thanks again for the support.

rookiebldr
04-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Hey, welcome to journal land. Getting someone to keep you consistent will definitely help you progress to your goals.

Personally, I found losing some of my bodyfat and seeing that physical progress a real motivator when I first started working out. It's still a battle for me, since I've still not got it very low, but I got comfortable enough that I've been able to add some bulks in without getting back to my old bodyfat levels. Just something to consider as your making up your own mind as to cutting or bulking. :)

Again, good luck dude.

muscle_bound
04-12-2004, 10:06 PM
thanks man... yeah my partner and I are almost on identical levels... I am about 50lbs heaver than him... but I have a large build. We have pretty much decieded to do a "bulk" stage for now for about 2 months... or until we don't see any more gains with with wwb1.... Then I/we plan to do a cut to bring the body fat down... proabably about 2 months of that unless it goes pretty quick... I mean I know I will probably never have a washboard stomache... just not in my genitics... but I want to be able to see something there :D

Can anyone tell me if I may be completly off on my supps... or should I be good to go... and I am still a little confused about creatine if I should load up for a week and then just maintain at like 5 grams a day.... or just take the 30-40grams post work out as recomended... Either way I will try it out and see... I have noticed since I added the glut to my supps... my recovery has really helped.... Now if I could only sleep at night :D

rookiebldr
04-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Oh, I missed the 30-40 grams of creatine post workout. :eek:

Unless there is something else in that creatine mixture the regular 10g post workout should do fine and usually that is only on a loading program for the first week. After that, 5g is usually recommended.

muscle_bound
04-13-2004, 09:25 AM
I will check this stuff I got.. and see I didn't even think about added crap...

oh and well I think I might have over done it on deadlift... I guess we will see if it is just sore muscles or if I strained something again... ohhhhhhhhh muh back..

:-(

Padawan
04-13-2004, 10:45 AM
Wuss. :rolleyes:

Abs straight and oblique tomorrow. Be ready for it because I'm not letting you slide.

muscle_bound
04-13-2004, 10:53 AM
oh don't worry I am not one to be scared you puss.... :whip:

but if I did to my back what I have done many times before... this is not going to be pretty.... :disagree:

muscle_bound
04-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Day 2 week 1
Off day... VERY SORE in my lower back afraid it might be an injury..
Staying flat on my back as much as possible and rest rest rest

Day 3 week 1

Squat 2 x 8 @ 225 (had more in me but was scared of the lower back issue)
Hack (machine) 2 x 8 @ 315 (again next week will be closer to 405)
Seated Leg Curl 1x8 @ 115 1x8 @ 125
Calf Raises 4x10 @ 90lbs (cramp in my right calf almost every press)
Straight leg Dead Lift 2x8 @ 115 (mainly working on form on this)
Incline Crunch: 3x10
Back Hyperextensions 2x10 no weight

My diet for today included well it was pretty bad...

Glass of water with 5 grams of Glut
Ham & Cheese /w mayo and greens

Lunch Ham & Cheese /w mayo and greens and one single serving back of chips... about 4 glasses of water with this meal.

Dinner was very lacking... Sonic Double cheese plain. and a BetaStastin wp12 shake with 5 grams of glut.

After work out about 30grams of whey, 10grams of creatine, and 5 grams of Glut in OJ....

MY diet needs some work... but hey one thing at a time right :D

Padawan
04-14-2004, 09:29 PM
You got 33 crunches in before you nearly coughed up that Sonic burger.

Don't forget the Back Hyperextensions we did (2x10 no weight) for your lower back.

Just keepin ya honest :)

ReturnedFire
04-14-2004, 09:34 PM

muscle, make sure you take it easy on the deads starting out after a long hiatus. injuries are teh sux0rz :(

muscle_bound
04-15-2004, 10:15 AM
thanks padawan I forgot about those....

Yeah I think I am good to go now... it was more the fact that I don't think I have ever worked every muscle in my back at one session... and it kinda scared me with the problems I have had before...

muscle_bound
04-19-2004, 08:51 PM
okay had a long weekend but here is friday's report...
Day 4 week 1 (off day)

Day 4 week 1:

Shoulder Press 2x8 @ 95lbs
Db Shoulder Press 2x8 @ 40lbs /each
DB Lat raises 2x8 @ 25lbs (wow I suck at these)
Narrow Grip Flat bar press 2x8 @ 115
French Press 2x8 @ 55lbs
Bar Curl 1x8 @ 60 and 1x8 @ 70
Hammer 1x8 @ 35 OUCH

i will post todays as soon as my partner sends my numbers to me...

my weight last week got up to about 259lbs and today I am back around 257lbs

I weight after my workout fully dressed to get a some what accurate measurement of gain/loss through the weeks...

I have laid off of the protien just a little... cause I was gaining a little to much to fast... I have cut it back in half to one serving for breakfast and one post workout with glut and creatine...

muscle_bound
04-20-2004, 08:27 AM
Day 1 week 2

bench 2x8 at 165lbs
incline db 1x8 @ 40lbs 1x8 @ 50lbs
Assist Dips 2x8 155lbs
Assist Pull ups 2x8 155lbs
DeadLift 2x8 @ 225
Upright rows 2x8 @80lbs
Shrugs 1x10 @ 110

muscle_bound
04-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Day 2 week 2

Well my partner and I decided to take the cert glass to rock climb at our local gym... Wow is this a full body work out.... we climbed with out the instructor for about 1.5 hours... and I think that was the best full body work out I have EVER had... we are going to start subbing some of out pull ups and cardio with rock climbing....

muscle_bound
04-22-2004, 12:10 AM
Day 3 Week 2

Squat 2x8 @ 275
HackSquat(machine) 2x8 @ 405
Leg Curl 2x8 @ 160
Straight leg Deads 2X8 @ 155
calf raises 4x10 @ 125
Medicine ball crunches 1x30

and about an hour or so rock climbing!

making some great progress in strength in just one weeks time... I hope to see this continue.... I weighed in at 257 post rock climbing....

my diet again wasn't the greatest...
Breakfast (didn't have time for anything)
Lunch (big salad with grilled chicken)
Dinner (2 slices of pizza) protien shake with OJ
post work out Protien shake with creatine and OJ

I will be getting my body fat done at the end of next week.... then plan on doing a cut for about 3-4 weeks and see where I can get my body fat down to....

muscle_bound
07-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Okay well it has been some time since I have been on here... but I have finally got some things in order and starting back on a work out routine. I am working out with a buddy of mine in the garage with just about everything we need dumbbells, straight bars and lots of hot air...

have cut out about half the carbs I usually take in and don't eat anything after like 7pm no matter what.

I am taking pure creatine 5grams a day and a thermogenic that I am just loving....

so far in the one week we started back I have lost from 257 to 245 mostly probably water weight... but my face is sliming up a little and I feel a lot better.

We are mainly working on cardio and fat burning... on weights we are doing basic lifts with enough reps to get the heart rate up and but also get to failure by the 3 set. And we are running... this we are building up but we are working on a 1.5 mile path that we have been shaving 1minute off our time about every two days... and we are building up to run this twice in less than 30 minutes... but this will take some time, running out side is much more difficult than running on a treadmill.

But I am showing gains feel great and haveing a blast. it has really helped in riding motox recovering between sessions has increased dramaticly and arm pump just doesn't happen anymore.

have a great day I will check back in as I have a chance.

Focused70
07-27-2004, 10:09 AM

might help if you break down your meals throughout the day. I usually go for five or six meals a day. Shakes count.

Stash

muscle_bound
07-27-2004, 10:34 AM
yeah I have been doing something along this line...

1st: protien shake and one serving of Thermocin
2nd: Cereal bar
3rd: Sandwich (lettuce, mayo, cheese, tomato, pickle wrapped in a weat tortilla don't eat normal bread anymore)
4rth same as above and one serving of thermocin
5th half of dinner (normally something that is high in protien and veggies) and 5-10grams of creatine
workout
6th second half of dinner