PDA

View Full Version : Another Journal Attempt

JD77
04-13-2004, 11:43 AM
I haven't proved very responsible with these things, but I'll give it another shot.

After I moved last fall, I ended up taking 3 months off from lifting. That was partially induced by a lack of motivation after I plateaued for a while. I wasn't seeing any gains and kind of lost interest. The last month or so I've been using creatine and am lifting more than ever before.

Here's what my routine looks like:

DAY 1 CHEST
DAY 2 BACK
DAY 3 ARMS
DAY 4 LEGS
DAY 5 SHOULDERS

I need to implement some cardio but I haven't gained the motivation yet.

Right now I'm ~5' 10" or 5' 11", 190-195 lbs @ 11 or 12%bf. I've been training for most of the last 3 years, beginning at around 150 lbs @ 8 to 10%bf.
Measurements are (cold):
Arms: 16"
Chest: 45"
Shoulders: 51.5"
Quads: 23.5" :rolleyes:
Calves: 16" :rolleyes:
Neck 16.25"
Waist 34" :rolleyes:

Here's how yesterday's workout went.
BB Bench - 165X10, 200X8, 200X5, 165X8, 165X8 (200X8 is a new PR. I think I could go heavier but I workout at home and have no spotter)
DB Flies - 45 lbers X 10 X 10 X 8

I would like to incorporate DB BP, but I don't have enough weight yet, so I'm stuck with this for now.

All the spam I can get will probably help me keep this journal going, so feel free to stop by and make fun of my lifts or tell me how boring I am.

Saint Patrick
04-13-2004, 01:44 PM
Good luck w/ the journal, Officer.

You may want to switch days 3 & 4, give your arms a little extra time to recover from Day 1 & 2.

ReturnedFire
04-13-2004, 02:56 PM
:spam:

good luck dude :thumbup:

JD77
04-13-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the spam fellas. :smoke:

Canadian Crippler
04-13-2004, 03:45 PM
...............:spam:...............
:spam: Good luck bro! :spam:
...............:spam:...............

JD77
04-13-2004, 05:21 PM
Here's today's workout:

WORKOUT
Wide Grip Pulldowns: 80X10, 90X14, 110X8, 100X10, 100X10
Bent BB Rows: 90X10, 110X10, 130X8, 130X8

That's it for back day.

DIET
My diet was okay today except I had some sausage with breakfast and a can of Mountain Dew this afternoon. I need to order some more whey. I ran out a couple weeks ago and have been using my supply of Nlarge2 instead. I don't know why.

LAME JOKE OF THE DAY
Two guys are standing around watching a dog licking himself. One guy grins, nudges the other with his elbow and says, "Damn, I wish I could do that." The other guy looks at him and replies, "Go ahead. I'm sure he's not going to mind." tuttut

:lurk:

JD77
04-14-2004, 05:51 PM
You may want to switch days 3 & 4, give your arms a little extra time to recover from Day 1 & 2.

I thought about doing this a while ago, but so far I haven't had any problems the way things are. I may look to switching those days after a while though.

JD77
04-14-2004, 07:58 PM
My lower back's been killing me the past couple days, so I'll probably skip squats tomorrow.

WORKOUT
Standing Alternating DB Curls: 45X12, 45X12, 45X10(really slow)
Concentration Curls: 45X10, 45X10, 45X10
One Arm Overhead Presses: 40X10, 40X10, 40X10
Cable Pressdowns: 45X10, 55X12, 75X8

DIET
Pretty much crap today. I didn't eat much and most of it wasn't good. :burger:

LAME JOKE OF THE DAY
A guy and his girlfriend are planning to be married soon. The girlfriend has a younger sister who always flirts with the boyfriend. She wears short skirts and bends over in front of him, rubs his inner leg, and teases him, all when no one else is around or looking.

One day the guy is at his girls house and the girlfriend leaves to go see about things for the wedding. The boyfriend and the younger sister are left alone-

The younger sister comes down stairs in tiny shorts and a tight cutoff t-shirt. She comes up to the boyfriend and tells him that she has always wanted him, and if he felt the same way they should do it one time before he marries her sister. She tells him if he wants to she will be upstairs in her room, naked waiting for him--She goes up the stairs, leaving the guy alone. He contemplates the decision for a few seconds and then dashs out the front door, to find his girlfriend and her parents waiting for him.

The dad says "Congradulations, you have passed the final test, and we welcome you too our family, we love you, and are very proud of you" The girlfriend embraces the boyfriend.

Moral of the story----Always leave the condoms in the car. :eek:

Yikes.....that's bad. tuttut

JD77
04-15-2004, 05:50 PM
:whazzup:

WORKOUT
Leg Extensions: 90X12, 160X10, 160X12, 175X10
Leg Curls: 45X10, 45X10, 45X10

DIET
What diet? I was too busy at work to eat lunch and got home too late to make up for it. Yay.

LAME JOKE OF THE DAY
Borrowed from FG

A bodybuilder picks up a woman at a bar and takes her home with him. He takes off his shirt and the woman says, "What a great chest you have."
The bodybuilder tells her, "That's 100 lbs. of dynamite."

He takes off his pants and the woman says, "What massive calves you have."

The bodybuilder tells her, "That's 100 lbs. of dynamite."

He then takes off his underwear and the woman goes running and screaming out of the apartment. The bodybuilder puts his clothes back on and chases after her. He finally catches up to her and asks why she ran out of the apartment.

The woman replies, "I was afraid to be around all that dynamite after I saw how short your fuse was.

:zipit:

JD77
04-16-2004, 06:06 PM
:windup:

85 Degrees here today. Woohoo!

WORKOUT
Standing Military Press: 95X10, 135X8, 135X8, 115X8
Lateral Raises: 35X10, 35X10, 35X10
Arnold Press: 45X8, 45X10, 45X10

DIET
Once again I was too busy to eat much today. Nothing I can do about it right now though.

LAME JOKE OF THE DAY

One hungry Bush...

One day George W. Bush and Dick Cheney walk into a diner. A waitress walks up to them and asks if she can take their order. Bush leans close to her and says, "Honey, can I have a quickie?"
The waitress is appalled and yells at the President about women's rights and storms away.

Cheney then says to Bush, "George, its pronounced 'quiche'."

MEMORIAL
http://www.officer.com/article/article.jsp?id=11828&siteSection=2

JD77
04-17-2004, 05:07 PM
DIET
Crap again. Too busy to eat, but I plan on getting some cals in tonight.

LAME JOKE OF THE DAY
Improvements in Hell
From Jokes.com

An engineer died and ended up in Hell. He was not pleased with the level of comfort in Hell, and began to redesign and build improvements. After a while, they had toilets that flush, air conditioning, and escalators. Everyone grew very fond of him.
One day God called to Satan to mock him, "So, how's it going down there in Hell?"
Satan replied, "Hey, things are great. We've got air conditioning and flush toilets and escalators, and there's no telling what this engineer is going to come up with next."

God was surprised, "What? You've got an engineer? That's a mistake. He should never have gotten down there in the first place. Send him back up here."

"No way," replied Satan. "I like having an engineer, and I'm keeping him."

God threatened, "Send him back up here now or I'll sue!"

Satan laughed and answered, "Yeah, right. And just where are YOU going to get a lawyer?"
:whip:

JD77
04-20-2004, 05:49 PM
My back is finally feeling better. Still a little bit sore, but I can workout at full weight again.

WORKOUT
Barbell BP: 125X12, 205X8, 205X8, 165X10, 165X8
DB Flys: 45X8, 45X8, 45X8

DIET
Looking forward to a nice chicken ceasar salad for dinner. Light dressing of course.

Lame Joke of the Day
From Jokes.com

The pope and a lawyer are on the elevator...

The pope and a lawyer are on the elevator to heaven. When they arrive at the gates, there's a mad rush of angels, saints, and other holy people on their way to greet them.
When they arrive, they pick the lawyer up on their shoulders and carry him off cheering hysterically. The pope is deeply saddened.

St. Peter sees this and goes over to him and says, "Don't feel bad. We get popes in here all the time, it's not every day we get a lawyer." :nod: