PDA

View Full Version : Food not so tasty, am I eating right?...I just need help!!!

Bryan Van Pack
04-14-2004, 07:28 PM
:whip:

Hey, everyone! I was once a member of this board about 2 years back, I went under the name Oscar_Lip. I'm sure no-one remembers me because I posted like what? 5 times? lol. Now I'm back and very determine to make a change in my life. Last time I was here I weighted in at 150. Weight I lost with no guidance and just random information and things I thought were "healthy" Only a bananna for breakfast anyone? Anyway, I'm just another sad story, I gained all the weight back :cry: over the span of a year. Now I'm back at 170ish.

Now, I want to loose weight again, keep it off and eventually add muscle to my frame. However, I want to do it right. I want the "right" information and I just want to make sure what I'm doing is healthy and good.

Currently, I'm in what many call the "cutting" faze. I'm currently 5'7', 170 and on a-eating healthy plan-of 1831 calories. 192g of Protein, 154g of Carbs and 49.25g of Fat. Is that any good? In addition, I'm allowing myself 1-2 cheat meals a week, if I'm realy craving the "bad" food. If not, I'll just stay strickly on the diet.

-It would be very helpful to me if anyone can direct me to good sites (besides the great wannabebig.com) or give me some helpful information on how to lose weight the right and healthy way.

One "problem" I'm coming across is def how the food taste. I only really enjoy 3 of my 5 meals. I definitly have a hard time eating carrots, I can't change it cause ironically enough it's the only vegetable (aside from Lettuce) that I can tolerate. I hate brocolli, Tomatoes etc. yuck. I have to keep this untill I come up with something else or someone can recommend how to make vegetables taste good. Does anyone actually enjoy Veggies or come up with a healthy way to make them taste good?
-Oh and Chicken, love Chicken... but when your unable to use sodium products, Chicken isn't so great anymore. lol. What Spices etc. do you use to give your chicken flavor and make it just as good as if you prepared it with some salt? and what spices (combinations of spices... whatever)are good to make "health" food taste good?

Shao-LiN
04-14-2004, 08:10 PM
Unless you're joining some sort of bodybuilding competition, and I doubt you are, there's nothing wrong with a little sodium. I wouldn't go pouring salt on everything you eat, but in moderation, go for it.

As for foods...most foods I eat are pretty bland. Sort of the sacrifice you make. In any event, running a search will give you loads of posts asking the same question.

Focused
04-16-2004, 09:33 AM
eating healthy sucks....but you just have to suck it up...if it were up to me id eat ice cream and brownies all day, but you have to mentally re-condition yourself to take the pleasure out of food...

i now look at food as a source of fuel and thats it..there is no more pleasure attached to it, (because to be honest most of the shit i eat is nasty and bland) changing my mentality is what is getting me through this right now

JeffWillConquer
04-16-2004, 10:25 AM
You have to find ways around the system. Be creative in the kitchen. Things like triscuit pizzas. (triscuits with spaghetti sauce and light cheese, baked) They are tasty and easy to make. Good snack food too, and if you make enough they can be filling for a meal. Most spaghetti sauces are pretty low in fat, and triscuits too. I'm sure you can look around and find other recipes like this.

For veggies there are many alternatives. Low fat ranch for basically any vegetable is good. Just get a little cup and dip the vegetable in. (raw ones) A lot of vegetables are good with peanut butter (bodybuilding food) also.

Strider2
04-16-2004, 11:41 AM
Most of my food tastes bland but I just deal with it.

The only vegetables I like are potatoes. I tried sweet potatoes but I didn't like them at all. So I don't have any vegetables on my diet. I just make sure I have a balanced macronutrient ratio.

Spartacus
04-16-2004, 02:04 PM
there is no reason food has to be bland. you just need to learn how to cook bro. out of the package unhealthy food will taste better. but figure out what foods you like are and how to prepare them out of healthy ingredients. it takes some work but its worth it.

Saint Patrick
04-16-2004, 04:21 PM
Agree w/ Spartacus. You can get pretty damn creative w/ Chicken Breast, for example.

During my contest prep, my food choices were pretty limited. Salsa, Ketchup and Mustard are your friends.

Max-Mex
04-16-2004, 04:30 PM
Who says you can't use spices on your food? As someone mentioned before, learn how to cook. Spices are your friend.

pusher
04-16-2004, 06:28 PM
And now that the summer is coming, bbq'n opens up a whole new world. :nod:

Berserker
04-19-2004, 05:33 PM
My computer says 1 reply for this thread?????

Ğragons
04-19-2004, 05:58 PM
the food i eat, when on a diet or "have done" before. I always enjoy, Lettuce And tomatoes were my pizza when i lost 10kg :D