PDA

View Full Version : Are milk that bad for you?????

snanthavong
02-13-2001, 09:51 PM
I'm trying to cut-up and am drinking milk with my protein shakes 4x a day. The nutritional profile on my milk is 12 grams of carbs, 8 grams of protein, 6 grams of fat( I think)and 8 grams of sugar. This isn't too bad for cutting is it? Thanks again!!!

kiwimade
02-13-2001, 11:28 PM
Milk is great for bulking but if you want to get cut don't touch the stuff........
Have your shake with water....

Budiak
02-14-2001, 02:05 AM
Its not the macros of the milk, its the sugars and such in it that makes it bad for cutting. Besides, adults are normally lacking the lactaise enzyme which is necessary to digest it, so it kind of just turns to fat and chills in your ass for a while. That or it turns you into a small symphony during work...quite annoying.

body
02-14-2001, 01:47 PM
non-caucasians are normally lacking lactose, if your white i would not worry about that. if you are lacking lactose the symptoms are acute and noticable so its not hard to find out if you are short of lactose.

snanthavong
02-14-2001, 09:50 PM
Body...good geuss, I am Asian. My name gave it away huh? hahahahah. So your saying it's ok for me to drink milk because of my racial background? If so, cool for me!! If not, please explain. Thanks in advance...

body
02-15-2001, 03:13 PM
Lots of people are lactose intolerant thats why they are allergic to milk, milk contians lactose which your body breaks down with lactase(enzyme) if your body is lacking lactase it can not break the sugar down and cause side effects such as blotting, vommiting etc these are usually short term side effects so if you want to find out if your intolerant drink eg 1 pint of milk no other foods and if you feel ill then you are probably intolerant to the milk if you are fine then there should be no problem. do not gulp it down to quick as this will bloat you regardless of intolerance. I do not know how intolerant asains are to milk, I know most balck people have intolerance to certain degree.
There are other reasons why people can not drink milk but this is the main one. eg casein problems.
I think asain may also be intolerant to milk, all the chinese people i have met were to more than a couple of mouth fulls. but most of my friends have been white so i never really met any one how is intolerant to milk, but the ones who were did not drink it so i have never seen the symptoms.

gary
02-15-2001, 05:36 PM
Drink 16oz or more milk first thing in the morning. Nothing else. If you get severely bloated or have diarrhea, you are lactose intolerant.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-18-2001, 10:49 AM
is there anything in milk that can contribute to increasing acne?

Wizard
02-18-2001, 10:59 AM
As i know.. nothing.It also has some vitamins that can aid in acne reduction.

Big Worm
02-18-2001, 11:15 AM
Body is right on about lactose intolerance. The amount of lactase(enzyme that breaks down lactose) a person has declines with age. It is the highest in infancy which makes sense since an infact will be living almost exclusively on breast milk or infant formula. Only about 30% of the people in the world retain enough lactose to digest and absorb lactose efficiently throughout the course of their adult life. If you consume more lactose than the available lactase can digest it will remain in the intestine and attract water which causes bloating. intestinal bacteria also feed on the undigested lactose producing acid and gas as a byproduct(which adds to adominal discomfort and can cause diarrhea) Here are some estimates as too the percentage of people who are lactose intolerant among different ethnicities.
>80% Asian Americans, 80% Native Americans, 75% African Americans, 70% Mediterranean peoples, 60% Inuits, 50% Hispanics, 20% Caucasians, <10% Northern Europeans.(Source: Understanding Nutrition, Whitney and Rolfes)

A final note: many lactose intolerant people are able to digest fermented milk products such as yogurt. Similarly, they often can digest hard cheese and cottage cheese because most of the lactose is removed with the whey during manufacturing.