PDA

View Full Version : Eat heavier early in the day for losing weight?

Focused
04-15-2004, 01:24 PM
i remeber reading somewhere that you are supposed to eat your heaviest meals in the afternoon and eat a light dinner

the reason for this is because during the day you burn more calories, and when its time to go to bed, you metabolism slows down

so ive been trying to follow this but its hard to eat a can of tuna for dinner and thats it...i guess that we all have been condition to eat big before we go to bed..i guess ill get used to it after a while

restless
04-15-2004, 01:44 PM
i remeber reading somewhere that you are supposed to eat your heaviest meals in the afternoon and eat a light dinner

the reason for this is because during the day you burn more calories, and when its time to go to bed, you metabolism slows down

so ive been trying to follow this but its hard to eat a can of tuna for dinner and thats it...i guess that we all have been condition to eat big before we go to bed..i guess ill get used to it after a while

It won't make the slightest difference, at the end of the day it's still a case of calories in versus calories out.

Focused
04-15-2004, 01:59 PM
It won't make the slightest difference, at the end of the day it's still a case of calories in versus calories out.

i understand that, however, youre more active during the day than at night i guess is the logic..plus i hear its bad to eat alot right before you go to bed

latinomasfino
04-15-2004, 02:52 PM
i understand that, however, youre more active during the day than at night i guess is the logic..plus i hear its bad to eat alot right before you go to bed

nah man its all aboutur calorie intake shiit i eat a lot a night hehe snack time and as long as i maintian the caloire intake i lose weight its all about the number of callories man

Spartacus
04-15-2004, 05:13 PM
i think the idea is if you're going to be hungry, be hungry when you're asleep so you won't be tempted to cheat

Isaac Wilkins
04-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Actually, you are better off eating more heavily earlier in the day. In the morning your insulin sensitivity is highest and your liver glycogen is the lowest. A fair amount of your calories will go towards replenishing this. A larger meal later in the evening is much more likely to be stored as fat.

Shao-LiN
04-15-2004, 08:41 PM
If you're in a caloric deficit, I don't think it makes all that much of a difference.

latinomasfino
04-15-2004, 08:57 PM
:withstupi
If you're in a caloric deficit, I don't think it makes all that much of a difference.

HemiVision
04-21-2004, 09:57 AM
I once heard someone say "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper." I think that's pretty good advice, save for the fact that that's only 3 meals...

Shark
04-21-2004, 11:45 AM
If you're eating in a caloric deficit it would not make too much of a difference. Borris is still correct though and I think you might be able to see some benefit from a slightly lighter evening meal. I think it also depends on when you lift too.

Holto
04-21-2004, 12:42 PM
borris is not correct

your body cant store what it must burn

if you are in a calorie deficit everything gets burned

and remember your body is depositing fat and mobilizing fat all day

even if a particual meal is almost totally stored as fat that fat will get used hours or even minutes later

Shao-LiN
04-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Just eat equally throughout the day. There's a point where your micromanagement is probably too anal, I'd say this is one. If you do see a difference, it would probably be seen quantitatively in like 3 years, if there is any difference at all. What matters most is your caloric deficit and training regimine(sp?). Concentrate on that.

jimlynch11
04-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Calories are calories, I understand that. Is there any benefit though to the composition of them as the day progresses? I.e. try to get most of the sugars in the AM/early afternoon while focus more on protein and fats towards bed so they are available during muscle regeneration time (aka sleep).