PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh, what now?

Chicker
04-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Well, here are some fairly recent pictures. Legs look much better in real life. All the other pictures are fairly satisfying, except the one entitled "most muscular"...because really, it's the least muscular, and I didn't know how to do that pose at all. In fact, I'm not even flexing there. lol...

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chicker905/album?.dir=/566d&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/chicker905/

Be brutal! I need to know what's lacking.

Veritas
04-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Looks pretty good to me. Nice formation in your back. I don't know if you do SLDL's & Squats but you might want to look into that to tone up your backside and legs. And maybe some high intensity cardio, i.e. sprinting. But really, we don't know your goals.

And anyways a lil thickness is hot too. (I expect a plethora of posts in this thread)

ryuage
04-15-2004, 04:26 PM
what are your goals as far as where you wanna take your physique?

Chicker
04-15-2004, 04:33 PM
I do squats, and I'm starting SLDLs next week.

I'd like to add some muscle mass while gaining as little extra fat as possible, since it is upcoming bikini season. I've spent the last little while cutting down (since those pictures, so I'm a little thinner now than I was then), so I'm now hoping to increase strength/muscle size. I'd like to gain as little fat as possible, although I know a little is inevitable...it's just that it's summer, bikini season, so I'm going to have to have a pretty clean bulk.

Are there any imbalances? Or muscles that should be caught up to the rest? I suspect my shoulders need a little more attention - do you guys agree?

Allenronm
04-15-2004, 04:38 PM
looking good

raniali
04-15-2004, 04:57 PM
i don't think any part is out of balance - but you could easily get bigger and still look great.

just keep training hard and make sure your diet is together.

Veritas
04-15-2004, 05:27 PM
since it is upcoming bikini season. [...] it's just that it's summer, bikini season, so I'm going to have to have a pretty clean bulk.

Bikini season in Canada? Woot? Is that possible :evillaugh

Chicker
04-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Bikini season in Canada? Woot? Is that possible :evillaugh

Bah! It's plenty possible. One day it was so hot that I overheated and passed out. lol...It's not like I live in Iqualit! Yeesh. haha...But seriously, it got up to almost 37 degrees (celcius) last summer on a few days. Way too hot for me. That's the kind of weather where you just want to lay in your bath tub naked. haha

Anthony
04-15-2004, 05:33 PM
What are your current stats? Prior (ie, are you coming off a heavy weight loss or weight gain)? Goals? Give us some numbers. Saying you want to gain some muscle and lose some fat is pretty much what we all want to do, but it's not specific. ;)

Either way, I think you look pretty good. My only suggestions would be to lean up a tad and work on the posing. Oh, and start a journal if you haven't already!

Chicker
04-15-2004, 05:49 PM
What are your current stats? Prior (ie, are you coming off a heavy weight loss or weight gain)? Goals? Give us some numbers. Saying you want to gain some muscle and lose some fat is pretty much what we all want to do, but it's not specific. ;)

Either way, I think you look pretty good. My only suggestions would be to lean up a tad and work on the posing. Oh, and start a journal if you haven't already!

Well, since the pictures, I've thinned out a bit because I started gym this semester and there seems to be a big focus on cardio. Like I mentioned, I want to gain as little fat as possible while bulking...according to that eletronic body fat tester thing, I'm 23%. My ultimate goal is to bring it down to 20%, but that's not what I'm focusing on at the moment...Ah, it's hard to say numbers for my muscle goal, because I don't really know how many pounds of muscle I need to add to get the look I'm going for...I'm really just basing my satisfaction on the mirror. I gave up on just measuring my weight, because whenever I've felt like I'm looking thinner, I've actually gained weight, and times when I've felt chubbier, I've actually lost a lot of weight.

I'll take some measurements though...all of the numbers are flexed and in inches
Biceps: 11
Forearms: 9
chest (I can never figure out where to take this measurement, stupid boobs, so I took both)
Over boobs (closer to arm pit, goes over lats):34
under boobs: 28
calves:13
thighs:21
waist:27

Uhhh...any more that you'd find helpful?

I guess I don't know what to tell you. lol...I never really had a very specific goal... :omg:

Anthony
04-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Are you planning to compete in bodybuilding or fitness comps at all? I had the impression that you did, so I was eluding to forming some SMART goals. Specific Measurable Attainable Realistic and on a Timetable. But ... if you just want to get strong and lean, don't worry about it too much. The mirror is always a good judge! Do you have someone in mind when you think about how you want to look?

Chicker
04-15-2004, 06:07 PM
I'm interested in competing, but I don't know anything about it. I'd have to do some research...plus I guess it's hard for me to imagine ever actually doing it (I'm a slacker)...but yeah, I'm definitely interested, I just need to read up on it a little more.

Here's a picture of the closest thing I have to a goal (I can never find one I'm completely satisfied with, because nobody has my exact body...heh)

http://www.dbirdfitness.com/gallery/fit/fit02.jpg

....and here's another picture of the same person...

http://www.dbirdfitness.com/gallery/fit/fit04.jpg

She's approximately my height, so it's a more realistic goal, I think...?

Anthony
04-15-2004, 06:18 PM
I think that's a good goal, and one you're not far from. Stick around the forums and you'll learn a ton. Good luck. :D

Ebu
04-16-2004, 05:09 PM
Hey chicker, i think its funny in some of the pics you have your face blacked out, but then in that one, its YOUR FACE... haha. But yeah, that goal isnt too far off.

BCC
04-16-2004, 08:31 PM
Some people makes funny faces when they pose, and would rather not show them.

Anyhow, I think all around your physique is quite balanced. The only spot I'd say could use work is your lats.

Keep things up. You're headed in the right direction :thumbup:

Chicker
04-17-2004, 11:21 AM
Thanks guys!

Ebu - I was making funny flex fcaes in the blanked out pictures. It's not taht I'm trying to keep my face a mystery or anything....in fact, I have a close up picture in my profile or whatever. Heh.

BCC
04-17-2004, 11:54 AM
Wow! You're...young. I didn't realize that until looking at your profile.

You could pass for 5 years older than you are.

ryuage
04-17-2004, 12:53 PM
no kidding just saw that..

VasDeferens
04-17-2004, 01:04 PM
looking good.

I am surprised no one used that hump smiley.

BCC
04-17-2004, 01:08 PM
looking good.

I am surprised no one used that hump smiley.

Because then they'd need an 'in jail' smiley.

Chicker
04-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Lol, in jail smiley. Yeah, I'm just a baby.

You think I could pass for 21?! Jeez, some people tell me I look like I'm 8. (Courtesy of the chubby cheeks)

Ebu
04-17-2004, 03:13 PM
HOLY CRAP! Your 16?!?!

KeMiKaL
04-17-2004, 04:05 PM
you in toronto?

BigMatt
04-17-2004, 04:06 PM
:hump: Oh no! That is just wrong ;)
Keep going,your doing great.

Chicker
04-17-2004, 09:30 PM
Yes, I'm 16. No I'm not in Toronto - but I'm only 45 minutes away (Guelph, but I lived in Hamilton most of my life).

Max-Mex
04-18-2004, 03:28 AM
Well, 16 or not, I gotta give ya a thumbs up for pumping iron. Any women/girl lifting weights is cool in my book!

:thumbup:

Reinier
04-18-2004, 04:05 AM
Looking nice, and thumbs up for lifting