PDA

View Full Version : Chicker's Journal

Chicker
04-15-2004, 06:01 PM
I'm notorious for getting lazy and forgetting that I even ever made a journal...so if I stop posting, yell at me. Part of the reason I never keep up my journals is because my routines are pretty apalling, and the fact that I make any gains at all is shocking/irritating to many. I'll be honest - I don't have a diet, and I wing all my work outs...My idea of a split is "uhh...I don't think I've done legs within the last few days"... :eek:

I'm going to start recording my work out tomorrow, because today's was a disaster and if you knew how horrible it was, you'd never take me seriously ever again. lol...

JD77
04-15-2004, 06:06 PM
:spam: Good luck with the journal. I'm lazy with mine too. Just keep after it.

wibble
04-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Alright! Another Canadian! :) Good luck with your training and the journal man.

Saint Patrick
04-15-2004, 09:27 PM
Well lookee here, she started a journal.

Stop being lazy :p

Anthony
04-16-2004, 05:30 AM
Glad to see you started a journal! Don't worry about poor workouts, we all have them. Luckily, the crowd in here will encourage you when you aren't performing well and congratulate when you are. No one really judges. :)

Chicker
04-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Well, Day 1 of the journal.

I did an arms/shoulders day - but didn't do biceps because I thought I'd done them yesterday but realized just now, I didn't. Today was a little sloppy...but here goes.

I did military press on the machine first - started with 50 lbs for the first set of 10, 40 for 8 reps, 30 for 6 reps. The handles you hold slip off sometimes, and it makes the work out sort of nerve-wracking, so I left the machine I did it with dumbbells, but after having done those three sets I only used 10 pound dumbbells and did a set of 10.

Lateral raises using 10 lb dumb bells - a set of 10, then 8, then 6...moved down to 5 pounders - set of 10, then 8, then 6. My shoulders have long been ignored, so they aren't the strongest body part of mine. Lateral raises is the one exercise that I can't stop myself from making a funny face, I call it the Elvis face (my lip twitches)...it's sort of embarassing.

Tricep extensions
Palms facing in - using 10 lbs, one set of 10, then 8, then 6
Palms facing up - using 5 lbs, one set of 10, then 9, then another 8 (the original plan was three sets of 10, because 5 lbs is less than I usually use but the only one higher available was 10 and I can't quite do that much for more than a few times with the palms facing up)
Tricep Pulldowns - 30 lbs - one set of 8, then 6...moved down to 20 lbs, did a set of 10 then 8 then 6
Tricep dips - 3 sets of 15 reps

Didn't do the biceps as mentioned earlier...

I don't know what this is called, but those forearm things that you do...you just sort of curl up your wrist? I did a couple sets of those, 10 reps each.

I was working out at school so our dumb bells supply includes a set of 5 pounders, 2 sets of 10 pounders, and it jumps to 30...so it's probably for the better I didn't do biceps, because I usually use 15 at home, 17.5 at the gym, and 20 on a good day...plus, I have a bar at home.

My diet today was horrible...I fell victim to the smell of gravy fries in the cafeteria...and my mom had a terrible day so she ordered in dinner. Heh..But it's back to business tomorrow! I promise... :angel:

Tommorrow is going to be a cardio day, if all goes as planned.

Anyone have anything to say about my work out today? I could always use some hints or suggested exercises to add in for shoulders.

wibble
04-16-2004, 04:22 PM
Good job Chicker, sounds like a good workout. :) As for shoulder exercises I think you've pretty much got it covered. You might want to add something like DB Rows with your elbows out, palms facing backward to hit your posterior delts though as a friend advised me once. :) By the way, the forearm things where you sort of curl up your wrist are called forearm curls. LOL. You knew it but you didn't. ;) Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Chicker
04-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Hey Wibble -

Do you have a link to a site that shows/explains that extra exercise your mentioned? I didn't totally understand how to do that. Heh.

JD77
04-16-2004, 06:10 PM
http://www.exrx.net ;) <---Good explanations here.

Chicker
04-16-2004, 06:13 PM
http://www.exrx.net ;) <---Good explanations here.

I checked the site - I couldn't find anything...what section is the exercise in? :scratch:

JD77
04-16-2004, 06:14 PM
Try this: http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

wibble
04-16-2004, 07:01 PM
Hey Chicker, check this out: http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidPosterior/DBRowElbowOut.html Thats the exercise I was talking about. :)

Chicker
04-17-2004, 11:20 AM
Well DAY 2!

Today was a cardio day so I did some HIIT cardio on a path along lake ontario. Did about 20 minutes of it with my dad. I was jogging, he was on roller blades. It was a pretty nice day, and we got out just before the rain came. Yay!

My shoulders and triceps are VERY sore today...Whew. So I think I'm going to go lay down for a bit.

:)

Anthony
04-17-2004, 01:37 PM
I think the shoulder/tricep workout looks good, although I would personally drop the funky hand placement stuff. I'd also consider doing a little less tricep work, since they are worked indirectly on most chest/shoulder movements.

Chicker
04-17-2004, 01:39 PM
I think the shoulder/tricep workout looks good, although I would personally drop the funky hand placement stuff. I'd also consider doing a little less tricep work, since they are worked indirectly on most chest/shoulder movements.

I had a free personal trainer briefly, and she started me on the palms up and palms in...what's wrong with it? Other than being really awkward and me not really feeling it....lol...guess that should answer the question.

Anthony
04-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Nothing wrong with it, just not necessary to work your triceps. I like to keep things as simple as possible - we already have enough to worry about. :)

Max-Mex
04-18-2004, 03:32 AM
Good luck with the lifting. Welcome aboard!

:spam:

ryuage
04-18-2004, 05:55 AM
funny how a girl comes to the forums and everyone posts in her journal the first day :) start a journal and cant get any love around here. haha.

TheGimp
04-18-2004, 02:47 PM
funny how a girl comes to the forums and everyone posts in her journal the first day :)

Too true.

That's why I'm here :D

Good luck Chicker. Seen your pics and it looks like you're off to a great start :thumbup:

Chicker
04-19-2004, 06:04 PM
Couldn't get a workout in today. I was playing soccer at school, and I was about to stop a ball but I guess it was coming a little faster/harder than I thought, and it knocked my feet out from under me. I landed on my head, bounced, and fell flat on my back. When I got up, I felt a surge of pain go down my spine, and I realized I couldn't turn my head left. My neck is VERY sore...

So, I thought I should take it easy for today, and tomorrow I'll do a leg day - but I can't do squats or SLDLs...I'll just have to stick to those legmachines you can sit in - I don't want any weight on my neck/shoulders/back. :(

TheGimp
04-20-2004, 05:15 AM
Sorry to hear about your injury. I sprained my ankle recently when playing soccer (or football as I prefer to call it :D) and it is taking its sweet time to heal. It doesn't help that I walk 2 miles a day as part of getting to and from work. Fortunately it hasn't impacted my workouts too badly, the only thing I am unable to do is my stretching routine. Hope you make a speedy recovery.

If you're unable to do squats you could try hack squats (http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BBHackSquat.html) as an alternative. I recently added them back to my routine with some success. Dumbell lunges (http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/DBLunge.html) would also be good.

Chicker
04-21-2004, 05:27 PM
Well, this journal has gotten off to a bad start! Bad workout, injury...today I couldn't get a work out in because of time constraints, and my neck is still sore so I'm not really feeling up to running out to the gym or something...Tomorrow there will be a work out! (hopefully)

Chicker
04-23-2004, 02:48 PM
I just got back on track today (Ugh, it took way too long). I started off with a cardio day, so I did a good long bike ride. Included some hills that at the time felt like death. :whiner: Heh...

Getting my diet/nutrition back on the road to existance...yes, it's true, I just eat what's put in front of me, I don't have a set diet. BUT! I'm working on one, that should be done in a few days...I've been busy.

Tomorrow is going to be a butt-kicking chest day. Really, you guys have never experienced anything like it. Lol...Yeah right...well, FOR ME it's a butt-kicking chest day. So I'll keep you guys posted! ;)

Good a good friday night, everyone. Till tomorrow... :strong:

Max-Mex
04-23-2004, 08:43 PM
No more running your head into the ground missy! Not good for the noodle.

Chicker
04-23-2004, 08:48 PM
No more running your head into the ground missy! Not good for the noodle.

Talking you what about? Noodle my just is fine! :D :birthday: :spam: :zipit: :hump:

Yeah I know, I'll be more careful next time I play soccer. lol.

Chicker
04-25-2004, 07:06 PM
Hey guys,

CHEST DAY!....yesterday. I didn't write it up yesterday because I had to head out to a LAN party, but here we go:

Started out with a few pushups to warm me up...I hate pushups.

Bench press:
Started at 50, 10 reps
45 for 10 reps
40 for 10 reps
30 for 10 reps, twice
25 for 10 reps, twice

Incline Bench Press:
Started at 25 lbs, did 3 sets of 10.

Those dumbbell fly things...ermm...
8 lbs 3X10 (All I had were 8 lb dumb bells, I was doing this work out at home..I have other dumb bells, but not enough plates to load up two dumb bells at the same time. heh)

So I followed my work out with a protein shake nad had some lunch. It was yummy, and my chest is sore as hell today. Success! :)

My chest was always behind the rest of my body (long story), but I'm slowly catching it up. When I first started, I could curl as much as I could bench. Yikes, eh?

TheGimp
04-26-2004, 03:00 AM
A girl who goes to LAN parties :drooling:

What do you play?

Chicker
04-26-2004, 03:18 PM

What do you play?

Counterstrike mainly...lately we've been playing battlefield 1942 and vietnam a lot, along with the occasional ricochet or day of defeat. My good computer just died, so i have to get a new hard drive...I can't play anything on the piece of crap I'm on right now...but soon I'll have a decent computer again!

I wasn't too bad at CS considering I hadn't played in over a month. We were on the iceworld map and I managed a headshot while jumping up from behind one of those half walls. lol...Not bad for someone who's a newbie without a working computer. heh

WillKuenzel
04-26-2004, 04:23 PM
I wasn't too bad at CS considering I hadn't played in over a month. We were on the iceworld map and I managed a headshot while jumping up from behind one of those half walls. lol...Not bad for someone who's a newbie without a working computer. heh
Nice. I only played CS once in a while since most of my friends were Quake and Team Arena players.

Looks like you had a good chest day.

Chicker
04-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Ah, chest sore as hell.

Yay for an arm day! lol...Unfortunately, it was at school, and they didn't have the dumb bell weight I wanted. Heh..Got stuck with 10s...ugh, why don't they have anything in between 10 and 25? lol...At home I use 15, at the gym they have 17.5 and I can use them...but I couldn't curl 25 more than once, if that...haven't tried, last time I tried I heard a weird noise and I couldn't curl anything for a month. lol

Bicep curls
3 sets of 12 reps (10 lbs)
1 set of 10 reps with 5 pounds

Hammer curls
3 sets of 10 reps (10 lbs)
1 set of 10 reps with 5 pounds

Tricep kick backs
3 sets of 10 reps (10 pounds)
1 set of 10 reps with 5 lbs

Tricep dips (did a bunch of them)

Lateral raises
1 set of 10 with 10 lbs
2 sets of 10 with 5 lbs

Military press
1 set of 8 with 50 lbs
1 set of 8 with 40 lbs
1 set of 8 with 30 lbs

Wrist curls
3 sets of 10 with 10 lbs

Eh. It wasn't the most intense work out I've ever had for arms...but my shoulders were dead. My shoulders are really really dragging behind. I'm going to start paying a little more attention to them. Heh...but I think from now on, arms will be done at home.

Oooh and I finally got some cottage cheese. I've been craving it for quite a while. lol...

TheGimp
04-27-2004, 02:27 AM
I haven't played CS in quite some time. I remember the first release, playing alley... ah those were the days :D Definitely went downhill after beta 5.

Best LANs I've ever been to we played Diablo II non stop. Was looking forward to playing Sacred (www.ascaron.com) as a replacement but it doesn't seem to quite live up to Diablo's legacy.

Nowadays we mainly play Warcraft 3. Especially the Towers game :)

Good arm/shoulder workout, nice selection of exercises there.

Chicker
04-27-2004, 05:58 PM
WEll, I know I said I didn't think my arm workout was too fantastic, but my biceps are pretty sore. :)

Today was a back/abs day, but I ended up just doing back. I was feeling pretty un-movitated, having just had a pretty horrible day...So here we go...

Lat Pull down
1 set of 10, 50 lbs
1 set of 8, 40 lbs
1 set of 6, 30 lbs
(that machine feels really awkward for me, I need to have someone check my form)

Lat Pull Ups
3 X 10

Hyperextensions
3 X 10, 25 lbs (ugh, working out at school again)

Those things you do with dumb bells, sort of like rowing, except you're bent over in the position you'd be in for tricep extensions, but it's a different arm movement...what are those called?
1 set of 10
1 set of 8
1 set of 6
all with a 20 lb dumb bell

That thing for lower back...I couldn't do deadlifts, but uh, this exercise is good too, except I couldn't use weights, so my lower back didn't get as much attention as it normally does...I have no idea how to explain this exercise, but I did 3 sets of 12. I felt sort of awkward, because I could do those things endlessly, but I didn't want to completely leave out lower back..

------------------------------

I've never played Diablo, but I'd like to! My interest in gaming started when I saw my older brother playing Quake, 5 years ago. I also used to sneak into Quake when he wasn't around and try to play, but I could never figure out how to get into a game. heh.

I didn't really start until this year, when I sort of worked into a group of friends that are all gamers. I love it though, it's excellent.

JuniorMint6669
04-27-2004, 06:11 PM

What do you play?

This is the first time ive been in this journal, and the lan post was the first one i saw. and this was the first thing i thought of too.
Now im never going to be able to come to your journal again, sorry ;)

Edit: A girl who goes to LAN parties AND works out? Wtf? Why dont we have girls like that in california. I just dont get it. :)

Chicker
04-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Bah. How come nobody here is interested in girls that work out and go to LAN parties? :P

Oh, and funny story...we got into some drinks at the LAN, and did some "fighting matches" (lol), and one of the guys I fought wsa the son of a guy who trains UFC fighters. Needless to say, I lost miserably...but then I fought this other guy, who I beat, b ut he left a bruise on my arm and I noticed yesterday that it turned out as a PERFECTLY shaped heart. lol...it's soo perfectly shaped that he doesn't believe it occurred naturally, he thinks I did it to myself. lol

JuniorMint6669
04-27-2004, 06:33 PM
And you fight? Im definatly never coming in here again. Wait, didnt I say that already? What am I doing here? ....this is me leaving....

Chicker
04-27-2004, 06:50 PM
And you fight? Im definatly never coming in here again. Wait, didnt I say that already? What am I doing here? ....this is me leaving....

I don't fight well, but it's fun to hold matches with my friends. I've never fought anyone outside of that situation before, though...I mean, I've been in a fight, but I was unconscious before I was even aware I was supposed to be fighting. lol...She snuck up behind me when I had my headphones on, and smashed my head into the sidewalk. That was painful...

Anyway, I just fight for fun with my friends. :)

Why do you need to leave my journal? Stay! Stay! hehe

JuniorMint6669
04-27-2004, 07:09 PM
Why do you need to leave my journal? Stay! Stay! hehe

I dont know..... :hide:

Max-Mex
04-28-2004, 06:03 AM
Lat Pull down
1 set of 10, 50 lbs
1 set of 8, 40 lbs
1 set of 6, 30 lbs
(that machine feels really awkward for me, I need to have someone check my form)

Those things you do with dumb bells, sort of like rowing, except you're bent over in the position you'd be in for tricep extensions, but it's a different arm movement...what are those called?

That thing for lower back...I couldn't do deadlifts, but uh, this exercise is good too, except I couldn't use weights, so my lower back didn't get as much attention as it normally does...I have no idea how to explain this exercise, but I did 3 sets of 12.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

Look there and tell us what they are. (you can also see correct form for lat pull down there)

Chicker
04-28-2004, 07:07 PM
About those arm things I was talking about my for back yesterday - they were bent-over dumb bell rows. lol..

Today was legs, but it was a scattered day because I wanted to start some new exercises and I spent most of the time learning how to do the exercises for next week.

I learned how to do SLDLs properly, and had my Squat form checked, and tried that leg press machine that you push the weight up and you sort of lay on your back, because the hack squat machine was hurting my back for some reason. Anyway, it turns out that arms are too short to release the latch that sets the weight down so I can get out, so I had to hold up 90 lbs for like 7 minutes while people tried to figure out how to do it. lol...finally we discovered that I could just let it down (knees were in my face) and squeeze out of the machine...but I can't use it anymore, because of that. It was sort of funny. I'm so small.

So I used the hack squat machine before I decided to try something new, since this machine was hurting my back...I did it with 45s on either side
1 set of 10
1 set of 8
1 set of 6

seated calf raises...
45 lbs
1 set of 10
2 sets of 8
35 lbs
1 set of 10
25 lbs
1 set of 10

Hip adductor machine dealy (I was running out of time and my legs needed some work) (or whichever one of the two works your thighs)
130 lbs
3 sets of 10

Hip abductor (or whichever one of the two works your hip flexors)
3 sets of 10

Then I stretched and headed out. It was sloppy. Next week I'll have time to do squats and sldls, so it'll be better.

Max-Mex
04-28-2004, 09:39 PM
Noo...stay away from the girly machines (hip adductor/abductor)! Just do wider stance squats to work the inner part of your legs more. Wider stance leg press or hack squats as well.

Chicker
04-29-2004, 05:38 PM
Noo...stay away from the girly machines (hip adductor/abductor)! Just do wider stance squats to work the inner part of your legs more. Wider stance leg press or hack squats as well.

Lol...I was running out of time! I needed something quick to make me feel like I'd at least done something amongst my mess of a leg workout.

My legs are so incredibly sore today. I feel like if I sit down, I'll never stand up again.

I had a cardio day today, so I went biking. That added to the leg soreness. I wondered afterwards if that might have bene a bad idea (overtraining?) Let me know what you think.

*exhausted*

Max-Mex
04-29-2004, 09:02 PM
I had a cardio day today, so I went biking. That added to the leg soreness. I wondered afterwards if that might have bene a bad idea (overtraining?) Let me know what you think.

*exhausted*

It helps with recovery some. As long as you get rest, it's fine. During the summertime I bike every day to work (45 mins roughly) and it's good to get the blood going to the sore areas.

Chicker
04-30-2004, 01:53 PM
Today was an off day. Egh. I had a horrible day, so I was in a terrible mood - and I had a job interview. It took all my power not to glare at the interviewer, I was so mad. I think I did okay though.

Blah. My legs are so sore...and my cat died...it was my brother's cat, he's away at university...I have to break the news to him.

Eh. I'm going to go sleep it all away.

ElPietro
04-30-2004, 02:08 PM
Go buy Unreal Tournament 2004!

Oh and sorry to hear about your cat.

JuniorMint6669
05-02-2004, 01:27 AM
awww poor kitty. cheer up! i know that doesnt help, but do it anyway :)

Chicker
05-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Thanks guys...:)

Ahhh, I had horrible nausea all day, so my work out was pretty sad. I attempted a back day, but didn't get a chance to do any lower back. Bah.

Pull ups
1 set of 10
1 set of 8
1 set of 6
(with 80 pounds under me, on that pull up machine dealy - I can't do them without that, I'm a wuss)

Lat Pull Downs - 40 lbs
3 sets of 10
I think I'm doing that exercise wrong.

Rows (20 lb dumb bells)
3 sets of 10

And that was it. As I mentioned earlier, I felt pretty sick to my stomache. Oh, and I got my body fat tested again to see where I'm at before I start my cut, but I don't think the machine is very accurate...I don't know, I put on 2% in the last month or two apparently...but I did the test on a full stomache and having drank a ton of water, and it was the middle of the day...whereas last time, it was on a not so full stomache, not having drank any water...I don't know...anyway, that's me for today.

JuniorMint6669
05-04-2004, 11:53 AM
why do you think you're doing your pulldowns wrong? as for the pullups, yes, you are a wuss :p

Chicker
05-04-2004, 07:08 PM
why do you think you're doing your pulldowns wrong? as for the pullups, yes, you are a wuss :p

Ah, wussy me. Anyway, about the pull downs, they feel really awkward...and I don't really feel it, but obviously I can only do so much weight...I don't really feel like I'm doing any work, but at a certain point, I'm just unable to do more. Usually when I'm working out and I do an exercise, I can feel the muscles its working...but not for the lat pulldowns...I don't know, they just feel really weird...not as weird as rows with the cable thing though, yeez, but that's a whole different story.

Anyway, today was a cardio day in the pool at school. Feeling pretty tired.

JuniorMint6669
05-05-2004, 01:14 AM
I try to keep my form on pulldowns the same as my form on pullups. Give it a try :)

Anthony
05-05-2004, 04:21 AM
A lot of people have a hard time "feeling" their lats while they train. Just focus a little more. :)

Chicker
05-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the lat advice, guys. Heh.

Well today was a kick ass leg day, which was really unexpected because I was contemplating not even working out...I was really unmotivated, but then, I was on that damn hack squat machine again, and I saw my legs in the mirror, and I suddenly wanted to do the most hardcore leg workout ever, because they were nice legs I was seeing in the mirror! lol...Honestly, I'm considering taking a camera next time, and getting someone to take a picture while I'm on that thing - because my legs look awesome. haha...

Okay, so here we go:

Hack squat machine (45s on each side)
3 sets of 10
1 set of 8
1 set of 6
(I wanted to do that for a long time because of what I was checking out in the mirror, lol)

Seat Calf Raises - 45 lbs
3 sets of 10

Standing calf raises (is that what they're called? I was standing on the edge of a stair and doing them) holding a 20 lb dumb bell
5 sets of 10 (I was dropping the weight for each set...maybe that's a bit excessive, I was on a crazy pump though, and got carried away)

Bent over Ham Curls (I think that's what it's called)
20 lbs
3 sets of 8
I have wussy hams..so I decided to do some SLDLs

SLDLs
I just used the bar because I'm still trying to get good form before I load on weight
3 sets of 10

Squats
Only using the bar because I only had a few minute left and no spotter)
3 sets of 10

Then, I realized I had more time than I thought, but I was already in the changeroom, so I just did some lunges and some more squats.

I don't know if that work out was too crazy or something, but I had a lot of fun? lol...and my legs are pretty tired.

I saw the weirdest guy ever. Honestly, I think he had 25" biceps....but his calves were barely bigger than mine (mine are 13 inches) It was pretty sad...and all the guys in my gym class were jealous and all wanted to look like him, and I was saying...guys, some of you have legs that are already bigger than his...don't you want something a little more balanced? But nobody seemed to care. Ah well. Cheers to the chicken legged huge man, he's got a fan club as of today.

See you guys tomorrow!!!

Oh, and replies/advice is welcome. :)

JuniorMint6669
05-05-2004, 05:43 PM
[lame internet guy]ill take the pictures mememememememme!! ooooooh mee!! nice legs!! ill take the picture [/lame internet guy]

Chicker
05-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Lol...I'll get one of my friends to do it, a non-"lame creepy internet guy"... :P

Hehe

JuniorMint6669
05-05-2004, 08:36 PM
heeeeeeeey... i didnt say creepy.... :( *leaves journal for good

Chicker
05-05-2004, 08:39 PM
heeeeeeeey... i didnt say creepy.... :( *leaves journal for good

Awww I was kidding! Sorry... Come back! You're the only one that reads my journal. lol...well, except Anthony sometimes

Dedicated
05-05-2004, 08:40 PM
I read your journal and I too have chicken legs lol.

TheGimp
05-05-2004, 11:29 PM
Awww I was kidding! Sorry... Come back! You're the only one that reads my journal. lol...well, except Anthony sometimes

Hey what about me? :(

JuniorMint6669
05-06-2004, 12:08 AM
okay guys, shes so mean to all of us lets boycott her journal and head over to mine!!

Chicker
05-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Awww!!! It's just like real life - everyone's leaving me! lol...Sorry everyone I didn't name as readers of my journal, I just glanced at the most recent posts, I didn't look further back.

Anyway, I'm not mean! Really! I love you guys. Heh...

Today was a "ahhh!!! I have access to better weights and machines! I'm going to do back!" day. Well, I did dumb bell rows...3 sets of 10, using 25 lbs...back extension machine dealy, 50 lbs...that machine is soooo awkward, so since I wasn't sure what the hell I was doing, I didn't do much with that...Then I did some lower back, no deadlifting at my gym, so I used a machine...110 pounds, 3 sets of 10...
Then I did some abs...

Agh, I'm not in "specifics" mood...so the jist of it, is that I had an ab/back day and it was mediocre. My legs are sore as hell from yesterday though! Yeesh.

By the way, Dedicated, if you really do have chicken legs, you should come work out with me!! Lol...I'd whip you into shape. Nothing like a 16 year old girl outlifting you to get your working. Just kidding, I'm sure you lift much more than I do...

Oh oh! I have my first squat bar shoulder/neck bruises. lol...I'm pretty excited about them.

Today we took gym class off to watch rugby - that's a crazy sport...looks fun, and painful! :P

So I hope you guys come back to my journal, I'm nice! I promise.

JuniorMint6669
05-06-2004, 03:33 PM
edit: nice workout :p

Chicker
05-06-2004, 03:36 PM
edit: nice workout :p

Thanks! but haha, I saw your original post - it got emailed to me. lol...

....October 24th, 2005.

JuniorMint6669
05-06-2004, 10:52 PM
OOPs!! hahahahaha lol... alright.. :p lets keep that one between you and me hahahahahah
*marks date on calendar*

Max-Mex
05-06-2004, 11:33 PM
no deadlifting at my gym, so I used a machine....

Oh oh! I have my first squat bar shoulder/neck bruises. lol...I'm pretty excited about them.

No deads but squats are ok? What kinda lame gym is that? Sucks that you can't do deads. Squats will suffice.

ectx
05-06-2004, 11:45 PM
You are not nice. You Lie. And you live in the wrong province. :p

Chicker
05-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Well, I'm not 100% sure there's no deadlifts allowed, but I've never seen anyone do them, and it just seemed to me that you weren't allowed to do them.

JuniorMint6669
05-08-2004, 12:00 AM
You should totally deadlift.. Chicks who deadlift are neat... and rare... Do regular ones, not straight legged. Ive never seen a girl do conventional or sumo deadlifts :p

Leprechaun
05-08-2004, 06:55 AM

...and i agree with Max-mex and J-mint...gyms that don't allow deadlifting are not gyms, but merely establishments that want to feign that lifting is taking place within their doors ;)

Chicker
05-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Alright, well, I did a shoulder/bicep work out tonight, and it was the most pathetic work out of my life. In fact, it was so bad, I'm not even going to tell you more than that it was a bicep/shoulder work out. My shoulders have been severely neglected, and I didn't realize by how much until tonight. :(

On another note - I'm not doing straight leg deadlifts in replace of normal deadlifts - I'm doing them on leg days...normal deadlifts are for back days. lol...But I don't have enough weight for normal deadlifts, it sucks...I only have 86 lbs at home.

Anthony
05-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Just dead anyway, I doubt anyone will say anything. I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a mediocre workout today. :P

Speaking of which, I should update!

JuniorMint6669
05-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Yea i dont know why they would say no deadlifting. Just do it and see what happens :)

Chicker
05-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Maybe I will! I always feel so self-conscious doing anything cool like deadlifts though, because all the guys watch me.

JuniorMint6669
05-10-2004, 09:13 PM
yea, you know what... i noticed a lot of people look at me when i deadlift too. so what. :p they're just jealous cuz they're not cool like us ;)

Chicker
05-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Well, I had a cardio day today in the pool. That's about it...not very exciting. Tomorrow is a leg day.

Chicker
05-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Leg Day.

Squats - 110 lbs
3 reps of 10
90 lbs
3 reps of 8

SLDLs
60 lbs
3X10

Seated Calf Raises
45 lbs
3X10

Standing Calf raises/lifts or whatever those are called
holding 25 dumb bell
3X10
3X8
3X6

Then I got bored with my leftover time and did those hip and thigh machines you always see women on upstairs...

the one that does thighs
130 lbs
3X10

Hips
70 lbs
3X10

Still leftover time (did this work out during gym class) so I hung out in the women's only room, and joined a couple girls doing squats with an ab ball between their lower back and the wall, so I did some with them, on my toes, and my legs shook furiously on the way down, it was kinda funny.

Anyway, that was my work out. It was boiling in the gym, I was pouring out sweat. lol...

Ugh, I had a terrible day - my grandpa might be dying...but the work out was good? Blech.

Leprechaun
05-12-2004, 08:13 PM
My condolences about your grandfather.

Chicker
05-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Thanks. I'm hoping everything turns out okay.

JuniorMint6669
05-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Awwww sorry to hear about your grandpa *hug*. Hope everything turns out alright.

Nice workout! Wait, you have a womens only room? That sounds sexist! Im gonna protest! :soapbox: ;)

Chicker
05-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Awwww sorry to hear about your grandpa *hug*. Hope everything turns out alright.

Nice workout! Wait, you have a womens only room? That sounds sexist! Im gonna protest! :soapbox: ;)

lol, believe me, the women's room isn't worth protesting over. It's got 2 treadmills, and dumb bells ranging from 1/2 lb to the very most being 12 lbs - and there's tons of those ab balls and mats and stuff. I use it as a stretching room, because if I do it in the weight area, I have twenty guys staring down my gym shorts. It's also my hideout to do the exercises that I can only do wussy weights for. lol..like shoulders! But if you want to protest, you should - as long as you protest at my gym so I can witness it. lol...I'll get you your citizenship - I have a plan! LOL

Okay, so, today was boiling hot out. MY gym teacher said 91 farenheit - no clue what that is in celcius and I only know celcius - but it was damn hot! I did some cardio. Soooooo hot out.

Ah, the grandpa situation thing improved. See, originally, his doctor said he might have lung cancer and he needs to get an MRI - but he refused, so we were all really worried about him - but my mom acted as a messenger between my grandpa and the doctor and we convinced him to do it if he was sedated (he's claustraphobic - or however that's spelt)...so anyway, we'll find out how serious this is.

Anyway, I had a good day. Yay.

Jasonl
05-13-2004, 07:30 PM
lol, believe me, the women's room isn't worth protesting over. It's got 2 treadmills, and dumb bells ranging from 1/2 lb to the very most being 12 lbs - and there's tons of those ab balls and mats and stuff. I use it as a stretching room, because if I do it in the weight area, I have twenty guys staring down my gym shorts. It's also my hideout to do the exercises that I can only do wussy weights for. lol..like shoulders! But if you want to protest, you should - as long as you protest at my gym so I can witness it. lol...I'll get you your citizenship - I have a plan! LOL

Okay, so, today was boiling hot out. MY gym teacher said 91 farenheit - no clue what that is in celcius and I only know celcius - but it was damn hot! I did some cardio. Soooooo hot out.

Ah, the grandpa situation thing improved. See, originally, his doctor said he might have lung cancer and he needs to get an MRI - but he refused, so we were all really worried about him - but my mom acted as a messenger between my grandpa and the doctor and we convinced him to do it if he was sedated (he's claustraphobic - or however that's spelt)...so anyway, we'll find out how serious this is.

Anyway, I had a good day. Yay.

Ahhh, 91* F is just about a perfect temp for me!

Chicker
05-13-2004, 08:22 PM
91F is wayyyyyy too hot for me. lol...

Oh, by the way, parts of my back and arms really hurts after my leg day...lol...sore like I worked them or something...is this something I might have done during SLDLs? It's sort of weird. Didn't happen last time...

wibble
05-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Sometimes heavy SLDLs give me sore arms and lats the next day.

I hope everything turns out ok with your grandpa.

JuniorMint6669
05-14-2004, 02:07 AM

Yea! Ill protest. Then you can have only one guy staring down your gym shorts lol... i mean... no... i wont do that :) W0rd. A woman with a plan. YEEHAW Im moving to canada :) :p

Leprechaun
05-14-2004, 06:58 AM
If the hockey in canada was equal to the valor of its women, the cup would never cross the border ;)

Chicker
05-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Boys boys. lol...

Alright, well, today was sort of arms-ish. My biceps really fell behind, so thhy're kind of lacking these days....not nearly as bad as my horribly weak shoulders though. Don't laugh at my wimpy weights. lol

Bicep curls
1 X 10 (10 lbs)
2 X 8 (10 lbs)

Hammer curls
3 X 7 (10 lbs)

Chin ups
3X8
(with 50 lbs under me (you know, that machine deal, i can't do chinups without that. lol)

Tricep pull downs
3X10 (30 lbs)

Tricep kickbacks
3X10 (10 lbs)

Shoulder press
1 X 6 (40 lbs)
2 X 6 (30 lbs)
1 X 8 (20 lbs)

Lateral raises
...the lowest weighted dumbbell was still too high. :cry:

Anyway, I'm going to completely redo my exercise plan and split and exercises...because this really isn't working for me anymore. I officially started my cut this week - and gained 10 lbs. :cry: my bodyfat went up 2%. It's REALLY discouraging....I guess just with all this grandpa, cat, and various other issues, I haven't been very motivated...hopefully this growing gut of mine will be my motivation. I can't believe how much weight I've gained.

So, my plan is to completely revamp everything I do, make an official diet plan, and get people to slap me when I start drooling at all the great food available. lol Ugh, but I'll start tomorrow, because there's chinese food in the kitchen. haha...I'm horrible.

If anyone has any advice for staying on your diet, I desperately need it.

Oh, and I'm really interested in this "push/pull" work outs some of you guys are doing...I think that will take over my old horrible routines. lol...

Oh, on another note, all my complaints about strength (or lack thereof) are upper body only. I'm madly in love with my ever-growing legs. lol

Hope to hear some good advice!

Chicker
05-15-2004, 10:35 AM
Well, I'm at my dad's place...the land of horrible diet...so far, I've had chinese food, Harvey's, Fruit Loops...lol...I think my new diet will start at home. My dad's so weird about the whole thing, I said, "Jeez, since I've been here, I've gained 4 lbs." and he's like "That's not because of what you eat..." he picks up the chicken fried rice and says, "Rice is really good for you. and the chicken balls have protein...same with the harvey's hamburger." lol...Oh dad. No wonder you have high blood pressure and you're at risk of a heart attack if you continue to eat the way you do.

Anyway, I'm going canoeing this afternoon. That'll be fun. Yay. We just bought a new canoe.

Chicker
05-16-2004, 08:23 AM
C'mon you lazy bums, reply to my posts! :P

My diet this weekend has consisted of chinese food, harvey's and fruit loops...the only relatively okay meal was lastnight, barbecued chicken, broccoli, and potatoes. My dad's a meat and potatoes kinda guy. I think he eats that same meal every night, just different kinds of meat. lol

Come on...I know you guys are out there. Devon...you're online! Anthony! well, you're in away, but you're still online!

JuniorMint6669
05-16-2004, 08:35 AM
bla bla bla bla *reply *reply

Oops i mean....
Nice workout a few days ago...
Sounds like your gaining some weight, oopsie haha. Its alright, i dont hate ya ;) I think i gained some weight over the weekend. I had two GIANT burritos last night for dinner. Normally I can barely finish one. But i was hungry. Mmmm so we can get fat together :)
Your dad doesnt sound like a dietician, but if he cooks, sounds okay to me. Ill probably turn into a meat and potatoe guy just like your dad LOL. Unless you wanna cook me something else ;)

Chicker
05-16-2004, 08:40 AM
Heh...oh I'll cook you something else mister!........how's cottage cheese, almonds, and peanut butter sound? haha...j/k

;)

Max-Mex
05-16-2004, 09:05 AM
C'mon you lazy bums, reply to my posts! :P

My diet this weekend has consisted of chinese food, harvey's and fruit loops...the only relatively okay meal was lastnight, barbecued chicken, broccoli, and potatoes. My dad's a meat and potatoes kinda guy. I think he eats that same meal every night, just different kinds of meat. lol

Come on...I know you guys are out there. Devon...you're online! Anthony! well, you're in away, but you're still online!

Shame on you for eating like crap! Have some will power girlie!

Hope the Grandpa gets better.

Chicker
05-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Ah, yeah, my weekend of horrible diet has come to an end.

So today was an upper back/shoulders day...it was originally just an upper back day, but then I got sort of disoriented and started working shoulders accidentally, so I kept doing it anyway. lol...

Okay, so, I got really dizzy and faint today whilst working out. No clue what's going on.

Lat pull ups
3X4

Lat Pull downs
1X8 (40 lbs) Got really really dizzy and went to lie down

Dumb bell rows
3 X8 (25 lbs)

Military press (or shoulder press or whatever)
1 X 12 (40 lbs)
1 X10 (30 lbs)
1 X8 (20 lbs)
...I have issues with this thing. long story. lol..

hyper extensions
25 lbs, 1 X 10
got light headed again

Uhhhhh...I think that's it...

Jasonl
05-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Okay, so, I got really dizzy and faint today whilst working out. No clue what's going on.

Could be lack of water or nutrition.

TheGimp
05-17-2004, 11:28 PM
Yeah, did you have any pre workout carbs? Could have been a sugar crash.

Chicker
05-18-2004, 02:02 PM
I had just eaten a bagel, banana, and some yogurt? I was drinking plenty of water.

This happens to me every time it starts getting warm. Could it have anything to do with having low blood pressure or being anemic?

Oh, and I didn't work out today. Stayed home sick.

TheGimp
05-18-2004, 02:05 PM
Doesn't sound like it's a sugar crash (casein from the yoghurt and complex carbs in the bagel).

I'm fresh out of ideas :)

Do you have low blood pressure?

Dedicated
05-18-2004, 02:06 PM
I hope you feel better.

Chicker
05-18-2004, 02:07 PM
Doesn't sound like it's a sugar crash (casein from the yoghurt and complex carbs in the bagel).

I'm fresh out of ideas :)

Do you have low blood pressure?

Yes, I do have low blood pressure.

Dedicated - thanks, I'm feeling a bit better after having rested.

Chicker
05-19-2004, 02:34 PM
Would have been a leg day, but my gym class was cancelled because there was a drunk driving assembly. Probably for the better anyway, I was so dizzy and light-headed today that if I looked down, the floor appeared to be moving back and forth. I told the person I was sitting next to, and he told me I was swaying back and forth. lol...

Good thing I'm going to see my doctor soon.

Anthony
05-19-2004, 05:26 PM
Slacker. ;) Hope everything turns out well at the doc's.

Jasonl
05-19-2004, 06:03 PM
Slacker. ;) Hope everything turns out well at the doc's.
All Canadians are slackers. :p

Chicker
05-21-2004, 01:52 PM
:D

I got out of my lazy groove and got my ass on a bike! I did 25km in an hour. I'm pretty pleased with myself. So I got on the scale, and I wasn't putting on a belly as much as I was worried. I'm at 123 lbs, bf hovering somewhere around 22% according to that electro thing. heh..

I think the part I'm happiest about is that I didn't get dizzy. Yay! I wonder what I did differently.

:D And now it's the long weekend! Yayyyyy!!!!

Max-Mex
05-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Only 25kms?? You are lazy! j/k Good job and good about not getting dizzy.

Chicker
05-21-2004, 02:14 PM
Only 25kms?? You are lazy! j/k Good job and good about not getting dizzy.
Lol..

I'm getting ready for a 200 km bike ride I'm hoping to do this summer. At this rate, I might be able to do that in a day. heh...

AllUp
05-21-2004, 02:15 PM
Props, and grats on the journal. Already 6 pages. :p

About the dizzy thing... I got that when I first started dieting last year w/a higher BF%. Tends to happen if you're not too used to dieting and suddenly cut cals or carbs (Happened to me badly w/ my first carb depletion workouts). Eventually It won't happen anymore. :o

Chicker
05-21-2004, 02:17 PM
Allup - You're right - but I didn't lower my calories. In fact, if anything, I think I took in more those days I was dizzy. Heh...I'm stumped!

Chicker
05-24-2004, 07:54 PM
Well, I didn't do anything all weekend. I'm lazy. Ugh, I went out to someone's place for dinner tonight, and when we got back, we heard my dog (who obviously trapped himself in the basement) freaking out. We forgot how terrified he gets when he hears fireworks, and it being victoria day - thre were plenty of fireworks. Heh...We got downstairs only to find that he'd ripped up the while on either side of the door that leaves the basement, he'd knocked over book cases, and he **** in my bath tub not once, not twice, but thrice. lol...That will be the last time we forget to crate him on victoria day. :S

Anthony
05-25-2004, 06:35 AM
lol, sorry, not really funny, but can't help laughing. :P Post some workouts!

Chicker
05-25-2004, 05:52 PM
Well, I had a cardio day. yay. Thursday will be a chest day. Tomorrow I'll be away the entire day on a field trip, so there won't be a work out...other than a hell of a lot of walking...lol

Leprechaun
05-26-2004, 06:23 AM
Field trips are teh rox0rz...Anthony is teh sux0rz (so you don't need to listen to him)

*snicker*

Anthony
05-27-2004, 05:29 AM
Anthony is teh sux0rz
*snicker*

You cheeky brits .......

Chicker
05-27-2004, 02:56 PM
Alright, well, I joked about walking being my work out - and while it wasn't a work out - my feet are sore as hell. lol...We walked for 7 hours AT LEAST. But it was fun, aside from some annoying people.

Today I'm hoping to get a chest work out in, but I was painting my room, and all my furniture is in the way of the bench, so I'll have to load it all back into my room...hopefully, I can do that, but I'm still waiting for paint to dry...so let's hope it dries fast and I can load the stuff back in on time for a work out!

Chicker
06-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Leg day! Yay.

Squats
110 X 8
100 X 8
90 X 10

SLDLs
60 X 10 (3 sets)
^
That didn't work out well, I don't think it was heavy enough, I wasn't really feeling anything...so it was either too light, or I wasn't doing it right...so next time, I'm going to try upping the weight, and I'm going to ask someone to watch my form for me.

Seated Calf raises
45 X10
45 X 8
45 X6
(I think next time I'll up the weight)

the girly leg machines...hehe
hip adductor (or whichever on you push inwards)
130 X 10 (3 sets)

hip abductor (or whichever one you outwards)
70 X 10
70 X 8
70 X 6

While in the change room I wasn't feeling my quads so much so I did some weightless squats. lol...I'm confused, because I can't do any more weight than I'm doing. I can barely manage as it is...and yet, my quads don't feel it the way the rest of my legs do. Meh.

Oh, I saw this guy who had like 7 plates on either side of the leg press dealy, it was crazy. He was walking around taking plates from everywhere. lol...It was kinda funny, because he was sort of skinny, and he had like 14 plates. (45s)

Anyway, that was my first work out in a while so it was nice to be back in the gym. :)

chops
06-02-2004, 05:22 PM
hi chicker!

i normally don't feel SLDLs either

(until the next day and i can't walk)

Anthony
06-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Nice numbers!!

Chicker
06-05-2004, 04:49 PM
CHEST DAY!!

I'm so excited. lol...I'm not even done my work out, I had to run into my room in between sets because I'm so excited.

A few weeks ago I tried doing 65 on bench, and I couldn't do it even once. This week, I did it for 6 reps!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!

Okay, gotta get back in the other room now. I'll give you the details when I'm done. BUT YAYYYY!!!!!

Chicker
06-05-2004, 04:59 PM
*sniff*

My work out was cut short. I lost the pin that I need for my bench to do inclines. :( Oh well. YAY!!! beat my record! lol...

All I did today was bench and dumb bell flies

Bench went as follows
10 X 30 lbs (warm up)
1 set of 6 reps (65 lbs) NEW!!! :)
3 sets of 50 lbs, 10 reps
Then I did a bunch of push ups because I had a pump going. I always get super energetic as soon as I finish a work out. What's that about?

Anyway, I'm off to drink a protein shake. :)

TheGimp
06-06-2004, 02:19 AM
Congrats on the bench personal best :thumbup:

Chicker
06-08-2004, 01:23 PM
Whew! Crazy day. I went to a doctor's appointment and they took blood, and the woman who was doing it was talking to me and all of a sudden I was just out like a light. lol...I passed out for 5 minutes, woke up for two seconds while a bunch of doctors were crowded around me, and then passed out for another 5 minutes.

So we're waiting for the blood results, but I have pretty low blood pressure apparently, and she suspects I might be anemic/iron deficient again...plus I might have low blood sugar. Heh...

Anyway, that's my crazy day. Passing out was pretty nuts...I felt pretty awful and then bam, I'm out. I felt great when I woke up the second time, but the first time, I felt pretty terrible. Heh...

Anthony
06-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Nice benching, but that sucks about passing out. Iron deficient "again"?

Chicker
06-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I was on iron pills for a while but they said I could stop taking them when they checked me the next time...but now I need to go back on them.

Jasonl
06-08-2004, 06:06 PM
At least you passed out at the dr's office and not while you were driving down the freeway.:)

Chicker
06-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Heh, so true. But I wouldn't have been driving down the freeway, I'm only 16...and I only have my learner's. lol

Chicker
06-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Leg day...

feeling lazy, so it's the same as all my other leg days, minus the girly leg machines upstairs, and more weight on most lifts. lol...I didn't get to do squats though, I was feeling dizzy and I thought it would be dangerous if I passed out with weight on my back.

Anyway, that's my day.

galileo
06-11-2004, 10:17 AM
Lazy!

Chicker
06-16-2004, 07:59 PM
Well, I've been busy studying for exams, but I just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still alive and everything. I went back to the doctor's after the fainting event, apparently everything's fine with me, other than low blood pressure...so I'm actually not anemic, iron-deficient, nor do I have low blood sugar, although she suspected each of those things...although, she did discover a heart murmur....but she says it's not related, and that I just faint really easily. So alright.

Anyway, gotta go study for math. Wish me luck on my exam tomorrow morning. Heh.

Hopefully I'll be able to post a work out soon!!! But I have a bunch more exams to do...so probably not for about...ermm...a week. But after this, I'm turning over a new leaf! Super hardcore work-out lady. lol...

Talk to you guys soon.

Leprechaun
06-16-2004, 08:08 PM
I haet teh math!

Kick that exam's ass with the anger of a thousand leprechauns cheated out of their gold by the french.

TheGimp
06-17-2004, 02:19 AM
Good luck with exams :study:

Chicker
06-27-2004, 06:58 PM
Hey guys,

FINALLY started working out again. I had the egxams, and then, well, then I was just lazy. Heh. But I'm back on track! (hopefully)

I did a chest day, and it went okay, but I was sad because my weights went down over the period of sitting around and just watching TV.

I did bench press and flys...

So, bench went as follows
warm up
50 lbs, 1 set of 10
45 lbs, 3 sets of 10

i did a bunch of pushups...

and then some flys...but I only had 8 lb dumb bells, so i used them and did something like 4 sets of 12

So yeah....then I downed a protein shake. It wasn't too bad of a work out..

Go me!

TheGimp
06-28-2004, 05:36 AM
I'm sure you'll be back into the swing of things in no time. Muscle Memory :thumbup:

dissipate
07-09-2004, 06:25 AM
I'm notorious for getting lazy and forgetting that I even ever made a journal...so if I stop posting, yell at me.

WHERE R TEH WORKOUTS@#$(*@)#($*@)(#%*#@%

Chicker
07-09-2004, 02:50 PM
I know, I'm awful! Heh...But thanks for the yell! Unfortunately I'm just about to go on vacation...but if I stop in fredericton, maybe Anthony will whoop my ass into shape. Heh.

TheGimp
07-11-2004, 02:46 PM
:whip:

:p