PDA

View Full Version : Squat and state records

Txlifter07
04-17-2004, 10:18 PM
oops sorry I accidently posted it before I typed anything. Well anyways i was looking at the US powerlifting website and according to it my squat is only like 20 pound from the record set in 2003, I'm not the only one lifting this much we have a 14 year old freshman who's bes dead is 450 and best squat is like 385.<<< He has horrible form. Anyways If I can hit 450 Monday o our test I'll have to try to get in a US powerlifting meet some time before I turn 16. Are we strong are is anyone els hitting these numbers??

Joe :strong:

Max-Mex
04-18-2004, 03:14 AM
I'd make sure that your form is good. What I mean by form is that you are going to parallel (hips in line with knees). Doing a gym lift is far easier than doing a competition lift. I would suggest making a video of yourself to check depth. If everything looks good, then go to a competition.

chris mason
04-18-2004, 06:01 AM
You are probably not doing full depth reps as Max intimated. Most young lifters, especially those training for football, it seems, tend to cut depth in order to have a big lift.

You are strong for your age for sure, and you may even be able to set the record, but it is most likely you are not squatting deep enough.

Anthony
04-18-2004, 08:16 AM
Not to sound offensive, but I would have to see your squat before I was convinced it would pass at a competition.

Txlifter07
04-19-2004, 10:37 AM
My best lifts were done in our weight room atr school with a coach calling me up when low enough and my coach is very strict on my form since I'm squating so much now. He taped me and other doing our sets of three yesterday, so I watched the video today everything looks alright so, anyways I'll talk to ya'll later.

Joe

supirman
04-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Can't help but be skeptical. I call bull****.

Txlifter07
04-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Man you know what really pisses me off is people who want believe me when I tell them somthing like what i squat or bench. If ya'll really need proof I'm squating tommorow in full gear at a meet at our school and I'll post the results sometime soon. I've had to deal with people telling me I was lying for too long I sick of this bull ####. If ya'll dont believe me that cool but me, my spotters and coaches know the truth.

Joe
:bang:

Max-Mex
04-21-2004, 11:44 AM
You are always going to have skeptics dood. Just be aware of the difference between a true meet and just some school meet. Sanctioned meets (legit PL federations) are fairly strict about their rules. I'd hate for you to think that your are doing a legit lift when you might be missing it by a few inches or more.

I'm glad that you have other people to judge your form and the video will help as well. Another tip that could help with your depth is box squats. Setting up a box that has the correct depth (hips in line with knees) will make sure you are going to the proper depth.

Good luck at the meet. Hope you kick some ass!

chris mason
04-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Real, simple post video of the lift and let us see it. That will clear up all confusion.

BigNic
04-21-2004, 01:43 PM
id maybe be willing to buy the bench and deadlift..tho there also high...but i just cant believe the squat. Im sure uve done the weight, but i doubt you went parallel. Again are you sure all 3 of those lifts were comp worthy?

supirman
04-21-2004, 02:21 PM
Man you know what really pisses me off is people who want believe me when I tell them somthing like what i squat or bench. If ya'll really need proof I'm squating tommorow in full gear at a meet at our school and I'll post the results sometime soon. I've had to deal with people telling me I was lying for too long I sick of this bull ####. If ya'll dont believe me that cool but me, my spotters and coaches know the truth.

Joe
:bang:

Well, the fact that you're squatting in full gear (which you conveniently neglected to metion before), would lead me to believe it is quite possible. Adding a squat suit into the equation makes your squat total skyrocket. And personally, I don't see the point for a youngster to be all suited up.

Personally I've never suited up, nor do I plan on it. Most I'll use is knee wraps for knee safety...

Raw... I wouldn't believe you'd squat that much.
Suited up... it's possible, and I would venture to say that it wouldn't be that difficult either.

Also, you might want to try harder in english class because you seem to be lacking in that general area.

Anthony
04-21-2004, 02:35 PM
From his sig: "All lifts are with no suit or bench shirt. Also no wraps. I know my dead lift sucks I havent deaded in a long time. 9th grader from New Caney, Texas."

Chris is right, the easiest way to clear all confusion is to post the video your coach recorded.

BigNic
04-21-2004, 02:43 PM
whoa..so bro are you using full gear or no??

Killa Kurt
04-21-2004, 04:23 PM
lol ruthless

biggimp
04-21-2004, 08:36 PM
no offense, but you are a ****** if you're 175 lbs, 15 years old, and squatting 450 lbs w/o a belt. you are going to destroy your back dude. just a little warning, highest i ever go is 315, but im 17 and 215 lbs, so i can handle more weight.

oh, and just because your coach says youre low enough that doesnt mean crap. my old football coach used to have the guys be at like 4" above parallel and say that was "excellent." so coach's words mean nothing to me.

if you can do all that legit, you are the man though! :strong:

bill
04-21-2004, 08:45 PM
Real, simple post video of the lift and let us see it. That will clear up all confusion.
Chris you wouldn't like him when he's angry. Don't be upset that a 15 y/o is stronger than you lol. He stronger than me to except bench lol. :bang: