PDA

View Full Version : Blood in stools. Working out too hard?

TheBug
04-18-2004, 06:49 AM
Last night after a bowel movement, I had quite a bit of blood in my stools. I've been feeling normal, except yesterday afternoon my stomach was somewhat upset.

My workouts have been normal. Friday I went up some on my leg presses, but I didn't need assistance on any of my lifts.

I know the safe thing is to get checked out, but has this happened to anyone?

Mic Soloist
04-18-2004, 07:46 AM
happens to me sometimes. Doc said that straining to hard when taking a dump can cause lil cuts on the inside of your ass. It usually goes away after a few days.

Also it could be hemroids.... If the blood is red you are probably aight because it's not internal. But you should go see the Doc without a doubt. Because bloody poop is also a symptom of worse problems.

chris mason
04-18-2004, 09:09 AM
It is most likely a hemorroid from heavy lifting. I have had them for years, and thus a slight bit of RED blood in my stool.

As Mic mentioned, if your stool is black from blood that is indicative of internal bleeding.

So, you are most likely fine, but you should absolutely get checked by your doctor just to be sure.

TheBug
04-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Thanks. I haven't had any problems today, but I'll get checked just to make sure. Nice to know I'm pushing myself.

ryuage
04-18-2004, 02:34 PM
i dunno about you but I never really look at my stools I guess I better start checking.

geoffgarcia
04-18-2004, 03:08 PM
I'm a little lost here....I'm assuming the blood is still liquid and just colors the toilet water red?
I know it sounds funny but are there any pics? *LOL* I'm a little confused whats going on here!

chris mason
04-18-2004, 06:23 PM
Geoff, the blood can be red, like when you cut yourself, or your stool can be more like tar, a blackish goo. The latter usually indicates some form of internal bleeding. You would know it if you saw it. The former can be cause by several factors, but it is most likely a hemorroid caused by lifting.

galileo
04-18-2004, 07:09 PM
Take in more fiber, especially soluble. You'll soften your stool up and it will allow you time to heal. Sometimes when you take in too much insoluble fiber, you end up with some bulky, rough excretion. That can lead to your minor rectal cuts, which can cause blood and pain as a result.

Y2A
04-19-2004, 02:54 PM
I think you have the soluble and insoluble mixed up Gal, but otherwise right on target.