PDA

View Full Version : IM fat (help)

large_lifter
04-18-2004, 08:40 PM
Hi, i have been lifting for about 3 months now and have gained alot of strength. My problem is my diet. I am at college right now and eating right is damn near impossible. I weigh almost 360 pounds and am only 5 foot 11. I really need to lose alot of this weight. What is even a healthy weight for a person my size? I would like to lose alot of weight this summer before i head back to college. I have basically 4 months before school starts again. How much could i lose in this time period?? Any help/insight/info/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Spartacus
04-18-2004, 08:49 PM
try doing a search

harryhoudini66
04-18-2004, 09:55 PM
not the first fat person not the last. i second the search suggestion.

I have lost 75 pounds in about a year or less. I read up for about a month before I started posting questions. I suggest you do the same.

Ğragons
04-19-2004, 08:52 AM
do a lot of excercise, maybe with a diet supplement?

DoUgL@S
04-19-2004, 09:48 AM
I agree that you need to do a search. This forum has tons of information on a variety of diets for loosing fat. When you know the terms eating clean, isocaloric diet, Ketogenic diet (all variations), 40-30-30 diet and so on you will be in a better position to ask questions more specific to you. Truthfully, at your weight any sensible diet with a caloric deficit will most likely work.

My problem is my diet. I am at college right now and eating right is damn near impossible.

The truth is that loosing fat takes effort for most of us no matter what. Eating "right" is not necessarily cooking and preparing every meal, it's making the best possible choices (tuna sandwich vs. a whopper), and most of the time it also includes portion control (don't supersize!, I know its hard not to). Everything worth doing is worth doing well. I am in college also, am married and have a preschooler. I do not eat perfect all the time. I just make an effort to eat the best I can with what I have either at home or at school. Good luck. Do those searches and come back when the people on this forum can help you specifically. We are all different.

Spartacus
04-19-2004, 11:25 AM
look up "cutting"/"cut" too