PDA

View Full Version : UD2 I don't understand this sentence

J_C
04-18-2004, 10:04 PM
In page 55 of UD2

"As far as fat source, the only real requirement is that you get 6X1 gram capsules of fish oil per day."

that this means 6 capsules of 1 gram of fish oil ??? .. just want to make sure

Saint Patrick
04-18-2004, 10:31 PM
this means 6 capsules of 1 gram of fish oil ??? .. just want to make sure

Correct.

JSully
04-18-2004, 11:48 PM
A few sentences later he says you can substitute w/olive oil. Thats what I do for now until I get the fish oil caps.

J_C
04-19-2004, 12:26 AM
thanks guys

LittleJake, I got my fish oil from my local grocery store in the natural section (softgels)-- in case you want them sooner

I am puzzle for another part to in page 63

Amount of carbohydrate
For the most part, total carbohydrate intake is the key aspect, so let's look at that first.
Assuming full glycogen depletion, which you should have achieved if you followed the
recommendations, somewhere between 12 and 16 g/kg of lean body mass is the magic number
here. That works out to approximately 7-8 grams of carbs/lb of lean body mass for the metric
impaired. A lighter lifter with 70kg (154 lbs) of LBM will be eating 1000-1200 grams of
carbohydrates over this 24 hour span from Thursday night to Friday bedtime. Larger lifters
consume more and lighter lifters consume less.

How is he comming out with 1000-1200 grams ( what is the math involved) ... I am 162 pounds

Spartacus
04-19-2004, 12:28 AM
A few sentences later he says you can substitute w/olive oil. Thats what I do for now until I get the fish oil caps.
no he says that if you absolutely won't have the fish oi to take flax. and that olive oil can be usd for the remainer of the oil intake. olive oil isn't a real source of efas.

Spartacus
04-19-2004, 12:34 AM
thanks guys

LittleJake, I got my fish oil from my local grocery store in the natural section (softgels)-- in case you want them sooner

I am puzzle for another part to in page 63

Amount of carbohydrate
For the most part, total carbohydrate intake is the key aspect, so let's look at that first.
Assuming full glycogen depletion, which you should have achieved if you followed the
recommendations, somewhere between 12 and 16 g/kg of lean body mass is the magic number
here. That works out to approximately 7-8 grams of carbs/lb of lean body mass for the metric
impaired. A lighter lifter with 70kg (154 lbs) of LBM will be eating 1000-1200 grams of
carbohydrates over this 24 hour span from Thursday night to Friday bedtime. Larger lifters
consume more and lighter lifters consume less.

How is he comming out with 1000-1200 grams ( what is the math involved) ... I am 162 pounds

uh, 7*154=1078, 8*154=1232. looks like normal rounding to me. rememer its lean body mass not total.

remember depletion and repletion number are pretty vauge, its the general range that is important, as there are lisght differneces in each person's body

J_C
04-19-2004, 12:49 AM
thank you everyone for your help, man oh man I am dreading this diet .... but hey anything to get this BF down ... ha ha

Shao-LiN
04-19-2004, 01:09 AM
no he says that if you absolutely won't have the fish oi to take flax. and that olive oil can be usd for the remainer of the oil intake. olive oil isn't a real source of efas.

What he said. The reason to take fish oil is for the EPA/DHA. If you don't have it, then taking flax oil is an ok substitute as the fat in flax gets converted (although inefficiently) into EPA/DHA. Olive oil was not mentioned as a substitute, but a filler for the rest of your fat intake for the day.

As for the carbs...do the math.

Jasonl
04-19-2004, 07:44 AM
thank you everyone for your help, man oh man I am dreading this diet .... but hey anything to get this BF down ... ha ha
Its a tough diet, but it does work. The carb-load can be tricky the first couple of times, but once you have everything down you'll see the muscle really start to pop through. Let us know how it goes for you.

LuvDaPump
04-19-2004, 03:18 PM
You could also use some Dag oil that he talks about.
http://www.enovaoil.com about $5 their site said that it wasn't sold in my area
but I went to Target and they had it.

A tablespoon contains
.5gSatfat
7g poly
5g mono
Practically no taste either.
You might look into it. It will help you get in the other calories you need besides the protein. I understand that it provides a good source of energy.

PiKappaWRX
04-19-2004, 05:25 PM
maybe i'll buy that damn book. what is the diet directed towards, cutting or bulking or maintaining or what?

Jasonl
04-19-2004, 05:46 PM
maybe i'll buy that damn book. what is the diet directed towards, cutting or bulking or maintaining or what?
Cutting mostly, but he does have a section on how to adapt the diet to bulking with minimal fat gain.

PiKappaWRX
04-19-2004, 09:47 PM
hmmm where can i get the book from?

Jasonl
04-19-2004, 09:53 PM
hmmm where can i get the book from?
http://bodyrecomposition.com/