PDA

View Full Version : Cardio while bulking

toshman
04-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Backround: I'm 18 years old, 5'4" and 137 pounds. 18 months ago I was a few inches shorter and weighed 180 pounds. I was fat, now I'm healthy, and I have a ****load of loose skin. I've done a few months bulking, a month cutting as of recent, but I still have a decent amount of fat that with combination of my loose skin, makes my tits look sorta saggy. I don't want this.

I've decided to do a rather clean bulk for the next couple months, but I also want to get rid of this fat I have.

Will doing cardio 3-4 times a week (30 minutes on a bike or swimming) help mobilize my fat, get rid of it, and still allow me to gain muscle? Will I have to adjust my calories to accomodate for the cardio?

I'll post pictures later. I'm very satisfied with my results, but I really just wanna get rid of all the fat that makes me look like I'm out of shape (When you're out of shape your whole life, and you finally have a shot to look cut, you really wanna look cut)

Anthony
04-19-2004, 03:59 PM
It's very difficult to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. Do a search on "body recomposition" and start reading. :)

ryuage
04-19-2004, 04:45 PM
:withstupi

dont worry toshman I was once there.

prof
04-20-2004, 11:03 AM
keep up some cardio to build your heart and lungs, just make sure you have enough extra calories to cover it

NaturalBuilder
04-20-2004, 11:09 AM
keep up some cardio to build your heart and lungs, just make sure you have enough extra calories to cover it

:withstupi Lungs...maybe not heart but lungs...

ryuage
04-20-2004, 11:12 AM
or maybe both!

Ebu
04-20-2004, 03:09 PM
haha, why wouldnt it work both???

And yeah, keep up the calories.

Leviathan
04-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Will doing cardio 3-4 times a week (30 minutes on a bike or swimming) help mobilize my fat, get rid of it, and still allow me to gain muscle?

Look into HIIT cardio (use Search option). This is an short and intense method of cardio training meant to help reduce fat without reducing muscle mass.

Will I have to adjust my calories to accomodate for the cardio?

Perhaps, perhaps not. Your body is a complex science that will require constant observation and adjustment. If you start putting on more fat, cut the calories back by a couple hundred. If you start losing mass, increase your calories by a couple hundred. It will take time to find the correct balance. I WOULD recommend eating as clean as possible and keeping track of your daily calories and p/c/f ratios with an Excel Spreadsheet.