PDA

View Full Version : First day of UD2, diet fine, workout a killer

wleon
04-19-2004, 09:31 PM
-sorry for the long post, but got to tell someone, who would understand

Today was my first day with UD2 and hunger has not been much of a problem..probably tomorrow...

but the workout... I don't know how the book says that the goal is to finish your WO in 1 hour. There is no way I could do the whole set of excersices twice in an hour.

how long do you guys take for your WO on monday and tuesdays, and do you follow the sample WO that the book has?

Doing it twice seem to me like it makes it even longer because you run through the workout once then you have to go back and reset all your weights for the second run ( can't leave the weights in the machines )

After my first run, I was ready to die, I could not belive that I was just half way.. I think I may have had too much weight .... anywise I was ready to come home and put a post asking if anyone was able to actually do the second run...... but after a while I said f#$%t .... I drank water, took a 5 mim break and did the second run almost in automatic/zombie/dying mode.. to say the least I was exhausted like never before.

I came home and just laid there for 1 and 1/2 hours, I feel pretty good now, so at least recovery was not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

ok time to sleep :)

Jasonl
04-19-2004, 09:58 PM
I just followed the workout from the book, its tough, but after the first week you'll get used to it(sorta). Wait until the next few days, hunger will really kick in, visualuze carb-load!:) Its possible you were using too much weight, I made that mistake my first time around, too. Try doing some cardio thursday morning as Lyle suggests, anything to get off UD2 faster is a good thing!

supirman
04-19-2004, 10:55 PM
As I read... "pick a weight that you consider pussy, then knock off 20 more pounds and lift that." So that's basically what I do for most bigger lifts (like bench). It sounds funny, but works quite well. My first 2 sets on bench are with 225 for 20, then i'm out of steam and drop to 185 and struggle on 15-20. The workouts are hell, and usually take me 60-75 minutes. Also, I do the workouts straight from the book, but with leg exercises moved the the end of the list.

Shao-LiN
04-19-2004, 10:57 PM
You should be able to do 15 reps to the point that they burn, but you don't want to go to failure. If you fail before 15, scale the weight back a bit. Anyway, doing the workout in the book, it takes me about 1.5 hours. If I drop a set off each lift the 2nd time around, then it takes me about an hour to an hour 15.

Diet wise, I'm not all that hungry, but the depletion workouts are still a pain. Knowing that I can start the refeed thursday night helps keep my sanity.

iLUDEd
04-20-2004, 12:17 AM
superset.
before i supersetted it almost took me 2hrs, now that i superset it takes 1hr 10min :)

you could be lifting to much weight on these days, just lower it so you can get through the workout, worry about the weight with your tension and power workouts.

and you do get used to it, i did a 5 week cycle of it earlier this year, and by teh 3rd week it felt normal. im half way through doing another 5 week cycle of it, and the mon and tue workouts are feeling the norm again.

JSully
04-20-2004, 12:58 AM
I takes me about an hour and a half, but I changed the workouts around from the book. I dont do the same exercises on my secon time around, and I added in a 2 set shoulder press and 2 set ab and 2 set shrug to each cycle.

mine looks like this:
Monday:
Squats 3x15
Leg Curl 3x15
Flat BB Bench 3x15
BB Row 3x15
DB Shoulder Press 2x15
Calf Raises 3x15
DB Curls 2x15
Pushdowns 2x15
Shrugs 2x15
Rope Pull Abs 2x25
Leg Press 3x15
Straight Leg Deadlifth 3x15
Flat DB Bench 3x15
Cable Ros 3x15
Side Raises 2x15
Calf Raises 3x15
BB Curls 2x15
Dips 2x15
Shrugs 2x15
Leg Lifts (Abs) 2x25

and Tuesday:
Squats 3x15
Leg Curl 3x15
Incline BB Bench 3x15
Pulldowns 3x15
Military Press 2x15
Calf Raises 3x15
DB Curls 2x15
Dips 2x15
Shrugs 2x15
Ropepull Abs 2x25
Leg Press 3x15
SLDL 3x15
Incline DB Bench 3x15
Machine Hi-Rows 3x15
Side Raises 2x15
Calf Raises 3x15
BB Curls 2x15
Pushdowns 2x15
Shrugs 2x15
Leglifts(abs) 2x25

I like that workout better, that way I can go right down the list.

It's hell if you do it only taking 60 secs between sets, but it works. :)

Shao-LiN
04-20-2004, 08:42 AM
If I go pretty slow, the most it will take me is an hour and a half. If it's taking you up to 2 hours, you need to re-look at your rest times and how long it's taking you to complete a set. Rest times should only be 30-60 secs and the set itself should only take you 45-60 secs. And you should be jumping right to the next lift after you finish one bodypart.

You can probably drop your ab sets as they don't have much glycogen to deplete to begin with and your squats work your core pretty well anyway. If you want to work abs, I'd move them into the tension and/or power day.