PDA

View Full Version : I badly need your help

AzNbIgBoi
04-20-2004, 10:10 AM
Hey guys what's up? I'm a 22 year old guy living in Asia. Let me tell you a brief history about myself. I used to be a stud in high school. I was a varsity then so I was very very fit. But then College came. I stopped playing and barely had exercise for 4 years. Fats started to accumulate esp. in the chest and stomach area and it's not fun to watch. Fast forward to Oct. 2003, I was at my heaviest at around 250lbs. So I started hitting the gym 3-4 times a week. It was hard of course and I barely had time during December coz of the holidays. Then I picked up my gym sessions and made it 4-5 times a week in January. Basically I try to do 30-60 mins of cardio exercises per work out. Then around an hour of weight training. I'm working in the graveyard shift and the only accessible place to eat is 7 11 and I eat a hotdog sandwich for my lunch break and another one before I hit the gym. When I wake up, I try to eat a sandwich. It kinda works for me because right now, I'm at 230 lbs. (235 when I cheat some meals during the weekdays). The problem is, I go home to my folks during weekends and the diet stops. I cheat during those two days.

Can you give me a solid diet for Mon. - Fri? Plus a workout on how to lose the flab around the chest and stomach area? Thanks!

Veritas
04-20-2004, 10:19 AM
I eat a hotdog sandwich for my lunch break and another one before I hit the gym.!

Hmm.... There's your problem... Two hotdog sandwiches?? You gotta have a stricter diet than that if you want to get rid of your stomach.

galileo
04-20-2004, 10:33 AM
You hit the gym 4-5 times a day? That's ****ing ridiculous. Take care of your diet and go to the gym 4-5 times a week.

J_C
04-20-2004, 10:34 AM
workout on how to lose the flab around the chest and stomach area" there is no workout that will do such a thing... you have to lose fat period, all over, the side effect of that lost will be tyour chest and stomach being leaner

I think you are cheating too much.... once day should be the most I would ever cheat, you really need to read about diet/workout/calories needs/ protein and carb ratios ( this forum is great).

by your choices of food it seems that you are not aware of basic principals of a healthy diet... I think we all started that way.

You can either make a radical change right now and change you eating habits forever, or you can continue with a less that 100% commitment and 10 years from now, you will be in the same situation if no worst.

Should you choose to change your life around, it is a wonderful feeling, it is all worth it.

You need to find out how much calories do you need per day, at 230 pounds, you will need around 2760 calories at day ( 230X12) to lose fat.

go to fitday.com and plan your meals so you reach that calories amount, and make sure that you have a ratio of 40% carbs 40% proteins and 20% fats.

For food, eat rice, chicken, pasta, and more chicken ( you can add more foods but keep it clean)

for a workout do this check this link:

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25

good luck

Shao-LiN
04-20-2004, 10:41 AM
What the hell do you do in a gym 4-5 times a day anyway?

AzNbIgBoi
04-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Hahah. Sorry my bad. I meant to say 4-5 times a week not a day. I do it right after work. Yeah I want to change my diet but as I've said, I'm working during the graveyard shift and only 7 11 is open during midnight or so. Any suggestions on a specific diet that I can take?

raniali
04-20-2004, 11:38 AM
ever thought about maybe bringing your own food instead of buying it?? i eat at least 5x a day and have no less than 3 meals with me when i leave for work. the easiest meal is a protein shake - but they should not be relied on solely for protein. i suggest doing a search here on cutting diets and also spending some time looking through journals and other threads. you are not alone but it is difficult, if not impossible, to make a diet for every person here as we all have different likes/dislikes, schedules and requirements.

wleon
04-20-2004, 11:44 AM
cook your own food, that is what every serious diet require.... if you want to lose weight with food you find in a 7-11... is not going to happen

AzNbIgBoi
04-20-2004, 11:50 AM
You need to find out how much calories do you need per day, at 230 pounds, you will need around 2760 calories at day ( 230X12) to lose fat.

what does 230X12 means? and I thought rice and pasta makes you fat.

I checked fitday.com and put in the food that I have today (some of it I've already eaten). It only amounts to something a little over than 1K calories. Although I'm over the 20% fat needed. I have 36% carbs, 35% protein and 29% fat. I have a tuna sandwich in wheat bread with a little mayo that I'm going to eat later. A big oatmeal cookie that I ate for breakfast. Around half a cup of pasta in meat sauce and 3 very little slices of luncheon meat. Plus an organic fruit bar that I'm going to eat later.

AzNbIgBoi
04-20-2004, 11:54 AM
Well right now I'm looking at some recipes for smoothies that I can make. So I'll need some protein powder eh? I heard that whey powder is the best. Just to let you know guys. I'm not planning to be really big in terms of muscles. I'm not planning to enter any competition. I just want to lose fat and have some muscles not too big.

Sometimes I do have the time to bring my own food like today. How does a tuna (in water, drained) in wheat bread and a lil bit of mayo sounds?

My biggest problem right now is consistency. I tend to eat very little during some days then temptation kicks in and eat a lot during some days.

raniali
04-20-2004, 12:28 PM
what does 230X12 means? and I thought rice and pasta makes you fat.

A big oatmeal cookie that I ate for breakfast. Around half a cup of pasta in meat sauce and 3 very little slices of luncheon meat. Plus an organic fruit bar that I'm going to eat later.

230 is your wt
12 is the multiplier for calories on a cut (although you could easily work at 10x as well)
therefore, 230 x 12 = 2760 cals per day that you should aim for (as low as 2300 is ok, but not lower)

and to your cookie .... do you HONESTLY think you are eating healthy to drop fat? you are worried about rice and pasta making you fat but you are eating COOKIES for breakfast. you need to decide what you want more in life. establish your priorities -- losing weight or eating cookies and hot dogs from 7/11?

AzNbIgBoi
04-20-2004, 12:59 PM
Hey I'm new to this losing weight thing so be easy on me. Hahaha. So which one is better, a rice meal with something like fish or a tuna sandwich?

Ğragons
04-20-2004, 01:09 PM
well im no expert but i dont think the cookie is going to do much good, or the hotdogs ;-)

For Breakfast i either have egg whites and maybe toast, or have a protein shake, depending on how i feel.

then i try to stick to fish/steak for any other meal, thats just me tho, and im new aswell to the dieting lark :-)

AzNbIgBoi
04-20-2004, 01:27 PM
i read somewhere in here that eating the whole egg is even better than just the egg whites. And does that mean fried/scrambled eggs? Or hard boiled?

wleon
04-20-2004, 02:26 PM
wholesome food takes longer to digest and is better for you, pasta is a good source of carbs together with rice, You are not going to be fat because you eat certain foods, you are going to be fat because you excede your calories needs.

Cookies have a lot of calories and are tiny so to fill out you need to eat more, and the sugar in it, makes you even more hungry.

Make sure you are not eating less calories that you are supposed to otherwise you will lose weight for a little while but put it right back a soons you eat more.

I'm not planning to be really big in terms of muscles

don't worry that will never happen unless you happen to have the gene make up of Arnold

fish is a good source of protein, together which chicken, tuna is also good. Stay away from sugars, process food etc

I tend to eat very little during some days

I used to have the same problem, I would eat like one meal a day, or nothing during the day and the eat at night.... you will think with such little eating I would be loosing weight ... not at all, I kept putting weight.

Now I eat 4 to 6 times a day and have lost about 10 pounds in 4 months.

So the key is eating right, right food, at the right time

AzNbIgBoi
04-20-2004, 02:47 PM
Processed food? I eat a lot of canned tuna. Will you consider that processed? I'm thinking of this for meals.

Breakfast: A fruit smoothie and some scrambled eggs.
Lunch: A tuna sandwich in wheat bread and some mayo.
Dinner: A cup of rice and chicken or pasta

Plus some crackers and apples in between. Oh and the lunch and dinner are interchangeable. Is it any good?

Wu36
04-20-2004, 03:04 PM
canned tuna = fine. Not a fan of snack foods (crackers and the like) while dieting. Nuts can be a good snack/source of good fats.

AzNbIgBoi
04-20-2004, 03:05 PM
I need something to satisfy my hunger between meals. Any suggestions?

wleon
04-20-2004, 03:13 PM
I need something to satisfy my hunger between meals. Any suggestions?

If you eat brown rice, broccoly, pasta that will help with hunger between meals but otherwise you got to toughen up, that is the whole point of a diet and workout regime, is supposed to be hard and require commitment. It has be be hard enought to the point that for every 10 who starts only one will actually endup developing a decent physice.

BTW tuna is in fact processed, if you have access to fresh tuna then even better but can't beat the conviniece of tuna and the amount of proteins it has

Wu36
04-20-2004, 03:13 PM
Nuts can be a good snack/source of good fats.

Beef jerky pwns as well.

AzNbIgBoi
04-20-2004, 03:17 PM
Living in this part of the world, what I'm going to do is really2 hard. Growing up, a meal won't be a meal without two cups of steaming rice. Hehehe. Yes, even breakfast. So I have to take it slowly or else I'll end up just frustrated and quitting.

wleon
04-20-2004, 04:26 PM
where do you live, I am latino so we eat rice two meals a day, but I stopped while cutting. ( thoughest thing I ever had to do)...... however rice is good as long as you are counting the calories and make it fit in your diet you will be fine. brown rice is better but of course it does not taste near as good as white... ok I got to stop talking about rice my mouth is watering and I still have two more days before carb reloading. darn UD2

AzNbIgBoi
04-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Philippines where I grew up eating rice with yummy adobo, sinigang kare-kare and the likes. That is three times a day. Now I'm hungry. What is UD2 exactly?

ryuage
04-20-2004, 05:50 PM
PEenOY! :)

Wu36
04-20-2004, 05:57 PM
chicken adobo w/ rice = good.
ud2= www.bodyrecomposition.com

AzNbIgBoi
04-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Hahaha. Yup I'm Pinoy. Yesterday I ate around 2000 calories and today, I figured that I'll be eating around 2200 calories. Is this range good?

raniali
04-21-2004, 02:14 PM
230 is your wt
12 is the multiplier for calories on a cut (although you could easily work at 10x as well)
therefore, 230 x 12 = 2760 cals per day that you should aim for (as low as 2300 is ok, but not lower)

AzNbIgBoi
04-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Looks like I'm having some troubles. I'm eating on the average around 2000 calories. I hope I'll have more luck next week after I do the grocery.

I have a question. What is the greatest percentages for a guy cutting down weight?
Carbs=_%?...Proteion=_%?...Fats=_%?

prof
04-23-2004, 10:25 AM
dude read the articles

http://www.wannabebig.com/archive.php?catid=2&pagenumber=2

AzNbIgBoi
04-23-2004, 10:33 AM
thanks

AllUp
04-23-2004, 11:29 AM
the easiest meal is a protein shake - but they should not be relied on solely for protein.
They also have decent flavored meal replacement shakes out there nowadays, loaded w/vit's and hella protein. :)

you are worried about rice and pasta making you fat but you are eating COOKIES for breakfast. you need to decide what you want more in life. establish your priorities -- losing weight or eating cookies and hot dogs from 7/11?
She has a very important point.
Cookies are horrible for breakfast, also the worst thing is to start off the morning with a huge insulin spike(the cookie). Try to stay away from simple sugars during breakfast time (cookies, juice, white bread, sweets, etc.)

I'd start the morning with something like tuna, turkey or a small 1 or 2 egg omelette w/veggies. As for filler between meals I'd go for a salad or Meal Replacement shake.

I also suggest you gradually make the transition, as if you start too quickly you may get upset stomach alot(because your eating healthy things your body isn't accustomed to having). :o

Goodluck man.

AzNbIgBoi
04-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Yeah. Thanks guys. But I have another question. You're all saying that chicken is healthy. How about fast food chicken? With the breading and the deep frying with the skin and all?

Spartacus
04-23-2004, 06:58 PM
no. stick to chicken breasts with some spices, not breading for taste.

wleon
04-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Yeah. Thanks guys. But I have another question. You're all saying that chicken is healthy. How about fast food chicken? With the breading and the deep frying with the skin and all?

that type of chicken in my opinion is as bad as it can be

Ğragons
04-24-2004, 03:50 AM
all the grease puts me off it anyway :-\
KFC SUCKS

AzNbIgBoi
04-26-2004, 10:11 AM
KFC makes me drool. So it's ok to fry chicken breasts? It's still healthy?

Shark
04-26-2004, 11:37 AM
no. stick to chicken breasts with some spices, not breading for taste.

You need to read the responces that people are posting to your questions.

Go out and get a george forman grill ($15) at fry's electronics. Get boneless skinless chicken from costco or your local grocery. Take out a plate, put the chicken on it, put a table spoon of olive oil on it, sprinkle salt/pepper/seasoning, throw it on the forman till its done. Eat it. 45 grams of protein. Done.

AzNbIgBoi
05-05-2004, 10:14 AM
hey you guys. what's up? I followed your advices and currently lost 2 lbs. I'm doing well in terms of willpower. Someone in our office celebrated her birthday and brought some pasta and some delicious looking fried chicken. Everybody was saying how good the chicken was but I skipped it and ate the pasta only so I'm pretty proud of myself. I also went to this convenience store to buy some yogurt and the fried chicken (which was my fave) was just cooked and the smell was everywhere. I didn't even flinch and bought only the fat free yogurt and the wheat bread. :)

I have another question, I drink this after every workout. What can you say about this? It's a fruit shake although I don't know what they put in to make it sweeter. It's like water but there's probably some honey in it. It's a combination of 5 fruits: pineapple, kiwi, mango, banana and strawberry plus around half a cup of designer whey protein. Sounds good or not?

prof
05-05-2004, 10:18 AM
read the diet articles fella, please

AzNbIgBoi
05-05-2004, 10:32 AM
read the diet articles fella, please

Don't worry, mate. I've read the article. But I would need an answer from those who actually tried it. It's different in theory. Like if it helped you or not.

prof
05-05-2004, 11:02 AM
just looks like you are choosing some strange foods, pasta on it's own is no good really, OK in a meal combination tho. Are you sure you read all the Diet articles in the archive?

AzNbIgBoi
05-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Oh. You misunderstood me. It's pasta with tomato sauce. When I said pasta only, I meant that I didn't eat the fried chicken.

I usually start the day with canned tuna (in water) along with 2 slices of wheat bread. Then for lunch, I eat a complete pasta meal. I also eat a wheat bread sandwich with PB in it. Then of course the fruit shake above. I eat a small cup of non fat strawberry yogurt as well and if I'm critically low on the calories for the day, I throw in a hard boiled egg or two.