PDA

View Full Version : How strict is too strict?

NormalDude
04-21-2004, 01:00 PM
If someone is doing HITT and 30minutes of cardio a dday how strict does the diet have to be? I know you cant eat crap but does it matter if you stray from the diet once or twice?

Dedicated
04-21-2004, 01:05 PM
I think diet is more important than HIIT. I would not rely on HIIT or cardio to allow you to stray from your diet. Focus on diet, and let the HIIT come second.

geoffgarcia
04-21-2004, 01:10 PM
ditto
diet > (HIIT + cardio) x 100

NormalDude
04-21-2004, 01:49 PM
Yeah I thought so. Thanks for the answers

wleon
04-21-2004, 02:28 PM
so you guys go very strick, some times I think I maybe too strick, but I really want to make this work... I am measuring everything and weighting everything, and my calories intake is exact to the number need it ... Sometimes i think I maybe overdoing it ... but I dunno

Dedicated
04-21-2004, 02:34 PM
so you guys go very strick, some times I think I maybe too strick, but I really want to make this work... I am measuring everything and weighting everything, and my calories intake is exact to the number need it ... Sometimes i think I maybe overdoing it ... but I dunno
Yup extremely strict, and the fat comes off. To some people it might seem obsessive, but I look at it as being highly disciplined, which is a great thing.

Saint Patrick
04-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Yup extremely strict, and the fat comes off. To some people it might seem obsessive, but I look at it as being highly disciplined, which is a great thing.

:withstupi

Allyrulez
04-21-2004, 03:05 PM
I have a sweet tooth, if i indulge in something i HAVE to go to the gym and run down how many calories i splurged

I ate a 250g bag of M&Ms, but then felt guilty and worked out how many calories they are (off the internet) which was 1300!!!!!!!!!! So im never cheating again. I ran for 40min on the treadmill and about 10 on the eliptical to make amends so YES feel very guilty!!

carlossalsa8
04-21-2004, 04:09 PM
I have two cheat DAYS every week. So in my opinion it is good to feel you r free to eat wuteva u want for a meal or even for a whole day. Thats my opinion. One of my last cheat day I eat a lot: in the morning a cereal with nonft milk, through out the afternoon I eat 12 large pieces of pizzas, pepperoni and cheese, jalapeno and ham, and ham and pineapple. My friends and I bought 3 large pizzas each of us ate one mixing all of them. Then at like around 5pm I ate a broccoli soup, with a big bowl of spagetti. At 7pm I ate another soup- chicken rice soup- medium bowl with 2 chicken sandwishes, and a diet coke regular bottle. I also ate an a cup of brown rice with a small steak before bed.This was the first time I ate all that food but my body asked for more and I never got full till I ate the steak and the rice. I would never eat like that in the future but next day I weighed the same. Now I weight two pound less 157 to 155. I felt bad when I thoughtabout all the food I ate during that day but it felt good. But I play soccer and I am vigorous active. Do lots of cardio so I don't know wut else to say but at least satisfied your body with something you really want at least once. It has to do with your metabolism too, if you know ur metab. is slow then try to have a cheat meal or day every three weeks. I am not an expert at it I am just giving my point ofview.

ryuage
04-21-2004, 04:47 PM
I have two cheat DAYS every week. So in my opinion it is good to feel you r free to eat wuteva u want for a meal or even for a whole day. Thats my opinion. One of my last cheat day I eat a lot: in the morning a cereal with nonft milk, through out the afternoon I eat 12 large pieces of pizzas, pepperoni and cheese, jalapeno and ham, and ham and pineapple. My friends and I bought 3 large pizzas each of us ate one mixing all of them. Then at like around 5pm I ate a broccoli soup, with a big bowl of spagetti. At 7pm I ate another soup- chicken rice soup- medium bowl with 2 chicken sandwishes, and a diet coke regular bottle. I also ate an a cup of brown rice with a small steak before bed.This was the first time I ate all that food but my body asked for more and I never got full till I ate the steak and the rice. I would never eat like that in the future but next day I weighed the same. Now I weight two pound less 157 to 155. I felt bad when I thoughtabout all the food I ate during that day but it felt good. But I play soccer and I am vigorous active. Do lots of cardio so I don't know wut else to say but at least satisfied your body with something you really want at least once. It has to do with your metabolism too, if you know ur metab. is slow then try to have a cheat meal or day every three weeks. I am not an expert at it I am just giving my point ofview.

you better hop back on that elliptical you havent burned 1300 calories yet ! :)

carlossalsa8
04-21-2004, 05:01 PM
you better hop back on that elliptical you havent burned 1300 calories yet ! :)

You should try to eat like that once!! You will love it. And trust me I have burned more than 1300 cals!! :o)

ryuage
04-21-2004, 05:03 PM
trust me if i go off my diet "I GO OFF MY DIET"

prof
04-22-2004, 04:29 AM
don't go too strict or you will never stick to it, as long as you hit the total calories, then don't worry too much

Shao-LiN
04-22-2004, 11:20 AM
Shoot, shoulda seen me and my bro, ryuage, in Hawaii, hehe. Swear we had ice cream almost every night. The bastard kept mentioning it.

NormalDude
04-22-2004, 12:44 PM
I really dont have a problem staying on my diet except for weekends. On saturday is a cheat day. All day. But sunday isnt and I find it a problem sometimes to stay on the diet. But I just started the cut this week. So I need to get used to the diet.

Alke
04-22-2004, 06:11 PM
when I cut I eat like my life depended on it, strict isnt even the word to describe it LOL plety of time to have fun with food on the bulk.

now, this didnt happen over night. I use to cheat off and on on the food and calories, but once I started keeping track, and seeing the results that just 4-5 hours a week in the gym can do if you eat right, I was hooked.

after a fashion it becomes pretty easy to eat strict, and it doesnt seem strict at all 'cept to others on the outside looking in.

my advice is dont start out strict, let it happen, it kinda sneaks up on ya, and before you know it your adding calroies up in your head and getting shredded or massive as easy as 1,2,3.....heh, well as easy as pulling a 325 deadlift :)

Spartacus
04-22-2004, 07:35 PM
i think when you're measureing/recording thigns its gone too far.

PiKappaWRX
04-22-2004, 08:34 PM
just don't try and be too strict or you'll never stick to it. i tried that and found myself cheating at night. i would eat perfectly all day and then late at night, go and eat whatever i deprived myself of during the day. i've fixed that now, but it was a lesson to be learned.

Vido
04-22-2004, 09:21 PM

How is measuring and recording your diet any different than writing down your lifts at the gym? Both will tell if you're progressing and what needs to be worked on.

Spartacus
04-22-2004, 10:26 PM
sorry those last 170 calories aren't going to make a bit of difference.

Shark
04-22-2004, 11:44 PM
I diasgree.

wleon
04-23-2004, 12:09 AM

I must be so far gone then :thumbup:

prof
04-23-2004, 04:55 AM
measure and record it, the only way to do it right, honestly your goals will be reached earlier if you know what you have eaten

ryuage
04-23-2004, 06:19 AM
it all comes down to how bad you want it.

wleon
04-23-2004, 08:05 AM
it all comes down to how bad you want it.

I agree, in my case I want to reach my goals a soon as posible (I know It will take a while ) but I know that every cheat day, or carelesness in my diet puts me farther from my goals, Furthermore in my case I am a extreme type of guy, can't do it half way, or I won't have the decipline to continue. if I start not measuring counting, I will mess up the diet, if my room is clean is has to be so freaking clean, if it is not, then is an amazing mess, car is spotless or there stuff all over.. can't reach a happy medium, but at least in dieting I guess the extreme should do me good

ryuage
04-23-2004, 10:00 AM
it just seems to me you are trying to give yourself an excuse to eat junk.

galileo
04-23-2004, 10:04 AM
I think recording what you eat (even if only until you get a handle on estimating) is a completely good idea. Not everyone can eyeball quantities and calories and you may end up way undereating or way overeating as a result, espcially when you're changing your diet plans.

Spartacus
04-23-2004, 02:34 PM
I think recording what you eat (even if only until you get a handle on estimating) is a completely good idea. Not everyone can eyeball quantities and calories and you may end up way undereating or way overeating as a result, espcially when you're changing your diet plans.

i agree with this. i just think that when you're measuring your cereal every morning its just a way of obsessing, and completely psychological. if that keeps you from eat potatoe chips, well then ok, but lets not pretend it isn't all in your head. it just seems like a pain in the ass to me when the problem is willpower and making good choices.

ryuage
04-23-2004, 03:42 PM
measuring your food or weighing it isnt a way of obsessing... how are you to track your diet down to a T without it... and if you arent getting the results you want it's easy to make the changes you need in order to achieve those goals otherwise what are you gonna do?? that chicken breast looked about an inch to big maybe i should cut it down an inch? i mean sure you could guesstimate and just make good choices, but when it comes down to it and you want it that bad you need every edge you can possibly attain in order to reach your ultimate goals.

Alke
04-23-2004, 03:59 PM
a hundred calories here or there is the difference between a pound gained or lost each week and if you want to reach your goals in the quickest amount of time = it matters.

yeah, I do this for fun cause I enjoy the iron game, but I also want results so I weigh my cereal/oatmeal. strange to some, but it is normal to me. if someone looks at me funny when they ask me if I want butter for my bread and I say "no, I dont eat butter," I just shrug it off......

Spartacus
04-23-2004, 05:04 PM
do you pedometer everywhere you go, and weigh your books before you leave for class? do you count up each category of fidgeting you engage in? take your temperatue and the external temperature every hour?

Alke
04-23-2004, 05:07 PM
hahaha

ryuage
04-23-2004, 05:13 PM
if i said yes then what?