PDA

View Full Version : Max-OT Cardio

JSully
04-21-2004, 07:42 PM
I think I'm going to try it tonight, but how am I supposed to go 100% for 16 straight minutes? That's insane. Even on a bike which is what I'm going to try it on.

What do you guy's do? I did the search option thing but not alot of examples comes up on it, just a little info and people 'mentioning' it in thier workouts.

Anubis
05-04-2004, 03:03 AM
No man, slow it down :whip: j/k
Max OT is an interval theory and it is effective. Started it about a month ago.
You set your cardio device to an interval setting and go at a 16 min clip as hard as you can. EACH session, you have to do more work than the last.
For example, you do a stair climber. First day you do say 100 flights in the 16 min. Next session you have to do at least 101. The theory is if you go for longer time, you pace yourself and don't get a max workout. Going shorter and having intervals, lets you do intense bursts that your CNS can handle. Kind of like sprinting all out for 100 yards, then jogging back and then going all out again. I like it. I can do as much in a 16 min session now that I used to do in 30 min of work before.

PiKappaWRX
05-04-2004, 10:46 AM
i also do maxot cardio, both on the bike and swimming. the idea is not to pace yourself, it's tough. you'll get tired quick, but just keep going as hard as you can (on the interval setting). interval will make it a little bit easier for you as resistance will increase and decrease. for swimming, i basically just go all out in my pool and just make sure i do more laps every time in that 16 mins. and w/ the bike, just make sure u either burn more cals or go farther in distance each time. the first time you should go at about 80% and then 100% after that.

ryan-
09-23-2004, 09:55 PM
LittleJake, you still doing this? If so how'd it turn out?

Few questions. When you say intervals, do you go 16 minutes all out, then rest, then go 16 minutes again? Or 16 minutes one day, 16 minutes the next? How often should MaxOT Cardio be used? Every day, every other day? Should I cut my caloric intake down (~how many calories/lb of body weight)?

I've got a honeymoon in Jamaica in one month. This calls for drastic measures!

PiKappaWRX
09-24-2004, 09:06 AM
u can do it 4 or 5 times a week. and 16 minutes is all u do for the whole day. it's not 16 minute intervals. it's intervals of intensity within that 16 minutes that he is referring to.

Shad
09-24-2004, 10:27 AM
max ot cardio is not a fat burner by the way. Just a theory, remember, not 100% proven. Its going by the basis of common sense, there really isnt much reasearch as they boast about.

max-ot is a program built around the soul factor of the attempt to minimize time in the gym.

So max-ot cardio is a quick way of burning glycomeds, preventing your from storing food intake as fat.

Damn im in class and damn hungry...holy crap

ryan-
09-24-2004, 10:51 AM
The way they hyped up Max OT Cardio I knew it had to be too good to be true. A fat burning and muscle building cardio program that only last 16 minutes?!?!

:withstupi

Thanks for the input guys.